All this news about Camilo

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Autoweek has an article that says Camilo has left ford.

BTW Dave, is that the "turtle" in India, or just a look alike.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Any Camilo projects unveiled at the Rally in New Delhi?? :cheers

When Camilo is done prerunning Rally VI, he is will begin screening the various tuning shops. There are several shops in Mumbai that are producing a reliable 2100hp out of the 5.4 Mod motor with only 87 octaine fuel containing no more that 7% H2o:lol:banana:lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Camera lenses & angles can create many illusions ...

This is true.... add 10lbs according to Mrs. Bony:lol

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
When Camilo is done prerunning Rally VI, he is will begin screening the various tuning shops. There are several shops in Mumbai that are producing a reliable 2100hp out of the 5.4 Mod motor with only 87 octaine fuel containing no more that 7% H2o:lol:banana:lol

Don't forget the most important fact that all of those motors are naturally aspirated as well. :lol:lol:lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Opps, thank you Mr. Torrie for pointing this out. No need for TT or huffers...

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Opps, thank you Mr. Torrie for pointing this out. No need for TT or huffers...

That's the secret shhhhh

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Major market for these engines will be the water taxis of Bangkok:

H

HHGT

Major market for these engines will be the water taxis of Bangkok:

Roger Moore in "The Man With The Golden Gun" was a bit of a swifty driver in that contraption.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I don't think I would have my GT350 over there running along those roads!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
They've landed this morning back in Detroit. Details of the journey to come tomorrow.

446.jpg

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Whoa! Off the site for a couple of weeks and come back to find this thread. What an adventure. :thumbsup Can't wait to read about the details now that everyone is home.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Super cool. Any more details on how the trip came to be?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Basically the trip came about because the guy who intends to sell these restomods in India needed a crew to drive these cars for the documentary. He knew George from Classic Design Concepts, and everyone met at SEMA, and I guess he decided these guys would provide some good personality for the show, so they said "let's go". I think they are making like six 1-hour episodes out of it, with the goal of ultimately get some people in India excited about some Mustangs.

I still don't quite understand it either, and after hanging out with two of the guys last night, neither do they :lol

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I still don't quite understand it either, and after hanging out with two of the guys last night, neither do they :lol

Hey isn't that how some of the best stuff gets created ? Or maybe that's just my crooked view of it I could be off on that assumption :lol:lol:lol

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Well you have to give him credit for entrepreneurism, at least!! Can see these Indian Mustang enthusiasts driving their ponies to the local restaurant in town downing some Coronas with limes and a vegie plate or hitting local strip looking for some action???

Some how cultural translation gets lost, I guess!

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Coronas with limes and a veggie plate

Corona? Try Kingfisher. :biggrin

H

HHGT

And here this whole time I thought that Tata India mandated that as part of the Jaquar acquisition, Camillo would have to spend some time overseas. At a minimum, I had hoped that a restyling of that old E-Type Gen1 would come out of this trip...

Now can you post on Bonyland some Kamma Sutra pictures and stories!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
And now that Camilo has returned, it would be an appropriate time to comment. Today was his last day at FMC. He went into the office today and said his goodbyes and is now free to pursue all the interests he hasn't been able to the last few years, and has received Ford's permission to work with certain other design houses on his own terms.

It's about to get very busy at the Bankle. :cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Go camilo !

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
exhausted

And now that Camilo has returned, it would be an appropriate time to comment. Today was his last day at FMC. He went into the office today and said his goodbyes and is now free to pursue all the interests he hasn't been able to the last few years, and has received Ford's permission to work with certain other design houses on his own terms.

It's about to get very busy at the Bankle. :cheers

Dave I know you have seen this but thought others might enjoy:thumbsup

Jim

Attachments

• Picture 107.jpg
    Picture 107.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Picture 109.jpg
    Picture 109.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 114