Alcantara Interior

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Ordering my car soon, 68 Heritage Edition, but am not impressed with the alcantara interior. Any ideas on care required or possibly covers made to maintain their new appearance. Just curious as I would have preferred leather interior like previous Heritage models. Thank you

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
https://www.alcantara.com/en/ordinary_maintenance/38/index.do

If you can treat your interior with a modicum of care, it's fine. There's a reason it's in most supercars that prioritize performance. Alcantara is a very durable material as long as you don't treat it carelessly. I have done virtually no cleaning, but I'm cafeful getting in and out and don't bring a lot of junk in the car. Looks new.

I am totally stoked that I was picked for a 68 Heritage edition, all previous heritage editions had leather interiors. But much to my disappointment the interior is Alcantara. Not sure why, but would costing is a big issue, I am more than willing to pay the extra 30k usd for launch control interior. Also since I am ranting A set of carbon fibre wheels would sure set off those carbon fibre roundrels that are priced at $20k USD. Just saying it woud be a car I could LOVE, Just not a microfibre material guy.

I could just spec out another car and forget about the Heritage model I was told, but damn the Gulf Colors make this car IMO. Since this a hand built car I cannot see the logic of not making customer extremely happy, instead of just happy, Time will tell as I will not drive car much with the Alcantara interior, lots of dust where I live so it would mean constant cleaning. Anyway these first world problems could be worse. I just wanted to drive this NFGT as I have close to 80,000 miles on my 06, pretty good considering I have on 4 or 5 months a year to drive.

Yes, Spirit, I also talked to no avail again on Friday, stating I will buy my Dream car but will not drive it much, Hinted at a GTR ( Has 2 Black Editions or a new ZR1, had a Z06, for a daily driver. Yes I am putting the pressure on, as my decision must be made soon. Gonna take the Heritage but will not be too happy, as Dust is everywhere in Canada. Not like a city environment.

Cannot wait to travel across Canada to see the plant. Great little teaser. PS ordering soon, just a little glitch on interior of 68 Heritage edition. I would have preferred leather interior like previous Heritage's instead of this Alcantara stuff. Hopefully Ford has some common sense and sees my point, but time will tell. This is my Dream car and intended to drive everywhere, but the up keep and constant cleaning of the Alcantara interior would prevent that. BTW have near 79,000 miles on my 06 Tungsten no stripe car. Awesome video Thx

Love the 2019 Heritage except for the Alcantara interior, I am totally pleased, but would someone (me) pass up on my allotment of the 2019 Heritage edition because of interior package?? BTW I hate the microfibre steering wheel.
Buying a car but might be a Plan B car. Damn these First World Problems. I planned on driving the car and with the Alcantara interior I would always be cleaning it. Just my $.02

Looks like an alcantara interior, which sucks iMO. I wanted leather, maybe it is an upgrade. Will call on Monday to my concierge.

If I were you, I would pass on the Heritage. There is a very long line of people that will take it and there is absolutely no wiggle room on this interior specification. If the interior material is this big of a deal to you, I would order a different car because clearly it's going to be on your mind a lot.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
No one I know is having a problem with the Alcantara interiors in these special packages! This high priced piece of art should be very carefully handled anyway! The next guy will suck up your Heritage order if it’s not acceptable because of the interior! I just attended 4 out of 5 New GT deliveries this weekend and this morning and 4 out of 5 had Alcantara interiors and all landed in Texas and they are beautiful!

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The only place you might see wear and tear is on the sills, cause the option with the leather is carbon fiber. You can order the leather steering wheel. There is no problem like DBK says. It actuaslly holds you in place better, although the heritage pattern seats may feeldifferent than our regular seats. The alcantera is considered an upgrade on corvettes.

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
The only place you might see wear and tear is on the sills, cause the option with the leather is carbon fiber. You can order the leather steering wheel. There is no problem like DBK says. It actuaslly holds you in place better, although the heritage pattern seats may feeldifferent than our regular seats. The alcantera is considered an upgrade on corvettes.

FYI No leather steering wheel available on Heritage model. Thx DBK for the insight into care of the material.

Last edited:

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
cb1c5eff829e8992cac13c0707fb5ca6.jpg

Replace the word velvet for Alcántara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
cb1c5eff829e8992cac13c0707fb5ca6.jpg

Replace the word velvet for Alcántara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

best...show...ever

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
It's the total opposite for me as I refused to choose an upgrade interior because you would have to do without Alcantara! I desperately wanted the carbon sills, but the only way to have them from new was by having leather for the seats and for me that wasn't going to be right in a supercar. Turns out I can retrofit the sills so that's happening ASAP but I don't know why you'd be so opposed to Alcantara - in fact out of my current 7 cars, only one doesn't have it for the interior.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have it in my Lamborghini Aventador and it is doing fine. Just take care of it as DBK mentioned above.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's the total opposite for me as I refused to choose an upgrade interior because you would have to do without Alcantara! I desperately wanted the carbon sills, but the only way to have them from new was by having leather for the seats and for me that wasn't going to be right in a supercar. Turns out I can retrofit the sills so that's happening ASAP but I don't know why you'd be so opposed to Alcantara - in fact out of my current 7 cars, only one doesn't have it for the interior.

Ditto. I would have definitely paid to get an Alcantara interior.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I love mine... 4000 miles. Even the sills are alcantara and they look lovely … no scratches.
I dust if off occasionally with a microfiber towel . andy (ajb)

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

I had the same thought. How are you retrofitting carbon sills? Would be intersted

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
I had the same thought. How are you retrofitting carbon sills? Would be intersted

Haven't got that far yet, quite confusing in the UK but I've been lead to believe it's an interchangeable part (or rather set of parts)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes the sills come off easy. You have to take out the seat bottom to get to 2 screws. The CF is an overlay over plastic sub straight. Press fit clips in addition to the 2 screws is all there is. The Alcantara and CF pieces could be interchanged. I had mine off to Xpel them.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Didn’t know the leather upgrade included CF sills. The Lightweight is alcantara but sills are matte CF, super-easy to scratch so I’m getting them wrapped

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Didn’t know the leather upgrade included CF sills. The Lightweight is alcantara but sills are matte CF, super-easy to scratch so I’m getting them wrapped

I can't necessarily say it's the same in all regions, for the UK we had the basic Dark Energy (alcantara all around) and then either Dark Energy Upgrade or 3 other colour theme options. The Dark Energy Upgrade came in at around £30k including carbon sills and tunnel but changing most surfaces to leather instead of the base Alcantara. I figured that it wouldn't cost me £30k to get just the carbon parts so that would be the better way to approach it.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
no leather for me, I like the Alcantara much better, the leather will eventually wrinkle and lose its form.... I would like the carbon sills though, I'm sure someone will make/source them....

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
YThe CF is an overlay over plastic sub straight.

Why? I thought with the carbon tub, and carbon body, that the exposed carbon sills would simply be "the car". No?

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
The tub isn't finished in a very cleanly presented way, it's the same on a McLaren as well, so the sill is actually an extra bit of weight to add something for visual appearance!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
The tub isn't finished in a very cleanly presented way, it's the same on a McLaren as well, so the sill is actually an extra bit of weight to add something for visual appearance!

I guess it would make it easier to keep it looking fresh - can swap it out if it gets scratched, etc. Makes sense.