2019 heritage

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
How do you guys feel about adding this gulf purple stripe instead of black?
a06b96f1a1296155077fbac48336df48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
How do you guys feel about adding this gulf purple stripe instead of black?

Pinstripe/no pinstripe, they all look great. Do whatever you like......except purple. Lol

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
This is a picture of the last Gulf Livery Ford GT40 built which is owned by a friend of mine, all original paint and the pinstripe between the colors Is dark blue! Here’s a peak at P1086 Last Gulf Livery Ford GT40 original ever built!

yes just like I said.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
:bow

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
This is a picture of the last Gulf Livery Ford GT40 built which is owned by a friend of mine, all original paint and the pinstripe between the colors Is dark blue! Here’s a peak at P1086 Last Gulf Livery Ford GT40 original ever built!

Tomy
Amy way you can find out the exact color of the stripe from your friend?
Thanks
Ernie

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Gotta admire a guy storing a car like that in a real garage. Floor covering must be an early RaceDeck prototype. I dig the shop cabinets too. I’m happy to see I’m not the only one repurposing carpet remnants and garage sale furniture.

Last edited:

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Wow a dream is real

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA

I guess I am just stating the obvious, but this car is so awesome. Thanks for posting.

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Love the 2019 Heritage except for the Alcantara interior, I am totally pleased, but would someone (me) pass up on my allotment of the 2019 Heritage edition because of interior package?? BTW I hate the microfibre steering wheel.
Buying a car but might be a Plan B car. Damn these First World Problems. I planned on driving the car and with the Alcantara interior I would always be cleaning it. Just my $.02

Last edited:

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
The 2019 Gulf Heritage was out at Exotics on Cannery Row. Thankfully they parked me, Hennessey's FGT, and the Gulf demo behind the ropes in the Michelin display. What a mob scene driving into the show! I got to meet a couple of Gulf Oil execs. I like the softer lighter blue of this version. Designers decided not to use a black border stripe. Looks really nice in my opinion.

It was a mob scene just trying to walk around the show! so many people crammed in that I didn't see the Heritage or know it was there! Was it up on that elevated parking lot area?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
It was a mob scene just trying to walk around the show! so many people crammed in that I didn't see the Heritage or know it was there! Was it up on that elevated parking lot area?

100% right... I will not be going back anytime soon... WAYYYYY too many people for the area they have set up for cars.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
100% right... I will not be going back anytime soon... WAYYYYY too many people for the area they have set up for cars.

I suppose it falls under the category of things you do once in your life

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Pebble Beach was a real joke this year as well... It took us 2 hours to drive 2 miles to park then take a shuttle to get to the lawn at Pebble Beach... then when it was time to leave the traffic patterns were a total screw up... sent us in circles and the opposite direction we wanted to go. I think I may be done with the Pebble Beach Concours as well.

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
My GT was in the VIP area at Exotic's on Cannery Row just a few cars down from the Heritage, in person it's a stunning vehicle and the crowd loved not only the Gulf GT but also both Heritage GT as well as my 2006. I spent quite a bit of time looking over the vehicle the next day at the Concourse it sure looks good under the sun!! Exotics on Cannery Row was pretty crazy, I had babies in stroller's less than an inch from my car. I will be posting photos of the events.

It was a please meeting and talking with Both AJ and Fred NY, class acts!!

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
It would be nice to see a “FORD” or “GT” logo on lower rear facia in front of rear tires. Like the 2018 Heritage.

98D60312-64AF-4C58-967B-20377EAB38B9.jpg

3BEC9EE5-44BC-4A4F-88DA-785722222BC2.jpg

AD634084-2A59-48EF-AC13-F94BE7F00976.jpg

I did that on mine as soon as I took delivery

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Excellent. On the positive note its great so many are celebrating fine automobiles. My local friends had their Green Tucker and came home with ribbons. I heard 1/2 the Tuckers made were at the event.

Rear helicopter engine power is so cool.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tomcat

GT Owner
I do not know if this was discussed but I found some old GT40 documents that said:
THE COLOR OF GULF RACING.
The original colour scheme was from Llewellyn Ryland and was 3707 Zenith Blue; 3957 Tangerine; 3748 Navy Blue (separating line).

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Thanks for posting. That is what I meant.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
https://modular4kc.com/2011/04/22/design-friday-the-color-of-gulf-racing/
You guys might find this article interesting. Got it from the press officer at Gulf Oil Corp. This car needs a pinstripe bigly!!!

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Agreed! The "marshalls" directing traffic were uninformed and undertrained. As a ticket-buying spectator, I was completely disgusted by the round and round being directed to nowhere. I'm going to have to start "working" the some of my vendors for sponsor-guests tickets with preferred parking, or I'm skipping this event!

Pebble Beach was a real joke this year as well... It took us 2 hours to drive 2 miles to park then take a shuttle to get to the lawn at Pebble Beach... then when it was time to leave the traffic patterns were a total screw up... sent us in circles and the opposite direction we wanted to go. I think I may be done with the Pebble Beach Concours as well.