GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006

Reactions: jammer and extrap

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Anyone know if this part is GT specific?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Yes, it is GT-specific. The part number is in the Ebay link I posted. OP - how have you diagnosed a bad compressor? (Just curious as we rarely have them go bad.)

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Mine went due to a Seal leak.

Joe

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

I spent more than that for a compressor for my daughters 2010 Nissan Rogue..

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I spent more than that for a compressor for my daughters 2010 Nissan Rogue..

No kidding, I would have guessed 4 times that amount.

gabriel

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2014
ford dealer said it was bad not enough use. is it hard to get at from bottom i suppose? what else would i have to change?dryer. thanks

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
ford dealer said it was bad not enough use. is it hard to get at from bottom i suppose? what else would i have to change?dryer. thanks

I would NOT trust the Ford dealer. PLEASE do yourself a favor and get another opinion. It is RARE that a compressor would fail. ALL compressors have safeguards to protect themselves - chief among them is a pressure switch. If there's not enough refrigerant, the compressor will not even cycle on. I'd bet money that your compressor is fine.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
They haven't figured out how to keep Seals from leaking. They used to say to run the A/C for a few minutes a Month to lube the Seals. I paid $613 for a Compressor.

Joe

darkostoj

Sep 6, 2020
How much does it cost to have one rebuilt? It's always nice having the original parts on the car.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
The A/C cycles with the defroster too so no need to freeze if you're up North.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Running A/C with heat not only makes your windows defrost faster, and more completely, it also keeps your cabin drier in the winter.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
They haven't figured out how to keep Seals from leaking.

While cars that are not exercised routinely may experience an AC pressure drop over a period of years, this is typically not harmful at all to compressors. ALL AC systems employ a simple pressure switch and if the pressure drops too low, the compressor simply will not cycle on. We've serviced DOZENS of GT with a low AC charge and charging them and reminding owners to operate them routinely usually does the trick. In 1 out of 10 cars we will end up replacing the o-rings where the lines attach to the compressor - then all is good. Failed compressors are, thankfully, very rare (in our experience).

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Vintage Air designed the AC system I thought. Might be wrong... but if they did is it their compressor?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I took a compressor apart a while back, it is really easy to replace the seal if you can find one that is. its a flat metal looking seal, i ended up replacing my compressor only because I had already ordered one before taking apart this one. once the old one came out curiosity got the better of me so i just completely took it apart to see what makes it tick.. its really simple in there... dont lose the ball bearings.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
gabriel, listen to nota4re who is a FGT mechanic, he knows what he is talking about. Anyway what harm would it be to get a second opinion as he suggested?

Reactions: PeteK

Mr.Charger

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2019
Germany, Hamburg
Hello GT lovers,
have my 2006 GT at the dealership (here in Germany) at the moment because AC only blows warm air, not cooling. They say couldn’t find any leakage or other mistake and enough coolant in the system. Got the car last year with 400 miles on it and never tried the ac before this year. They have a GT by themselves 2006 and MFGT and are the most experienced dealer here in Germany. Now the service point in england tells them to change the compressor. Not in stock in Germany and delivery from USA via England will take several weeks. I told them I will try to get one from US directly. Any advice where to get ? Or what to check beside the compressor?
I found in the forum that those compressors very rarely break, what else could we try ?
Going to a Finnland-Sweden-Norway Rallye in 3 weeks and the AC would be a nice to have :)
Tks in advance for any help
Holger

Attachments

• CE04D917-59B0-4063-86F0-F71AE9F7E7C9.jpeg
    CE04D917-59B0-4063-86F0-F71AE9F7E7C9.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 4
  • B458E448-E92E-48A7-B5E4-E1BFF72AA28E.jpeg
    B458E448-E92E-48A7-B5E4-E1BFF72AA28E.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 4