After Hurricane Ida, need another minty, white 4-option car

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Where was the car when the flood happened?

And how did the poor thing not make it into the aforementioned bone dry garage?! :eek: 🤔
At the detailer's shop in the first picture of this thread, for new PPF and ceramic coating. Ugh!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
At the detailer's shop in the first picture of this thread, for new PPF and ceramic coating. Ugh!

Ooohhh! 🤦‍♂️

Terrible timing o_O

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
There were thousands of cars flooded out in this storm in about 20 different states too. Hundreds of brand new ones too from dealers and storage yards.

Look out and buyer beware.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Ken sent his car to the same detailer that I use, the town of Mamaroneck became Atlantis. I have a client that had her brand new Jaguar, in the apartment garage, and became a submarine. A friend of mine, in Greenwich CT. had her car submerged in her driveway, and a buddy of mine that runs a car dealership in Greenwich, told me, he lost 40 cars to Ida. Except for the Bond film with the Lotus, our cars were not meant to be submersibles!!

Reactions: KennethClay

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Thx for the lead. It's a nice, clean car (and I like quicksilver). But, I think I'm going to keep looking for the exact replacement, so I can pretend this never happened!
Or you could tell people you get tired of white and decided to go with the silver

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Kenneth,
Very sorry about your loss, just PM'd you ;)

Attachments

• 8Ku75hBU.jpeg
    8Ku75hBU.jpeg
    618.2 KB · Views: 23

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
A white 3 option (non Mac) 2006 just went up for sale on BaT. 700 miles.

Good luck Kenneth!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
A white 3 option (non Mac) 2006 just went up for sale on BaT. 700 miles.

Good luck Kenneth!

Saw that. Canadian car (none of which had the Mac). It is pretty, though I will want a US-spec car, I think. I'm amazed at how as soon as one sells, like the quicksilver car today, up comes another one. Hopefully the next one will be a 4-option, white, US car!

I do appreciate the forum's help in looking around--it's great to have a "spotter network"!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Well, I heard from the insurance company today. Post-Katrina, they don’t allow customers to keep water damaged cars as a matter of policy. They were pretty reasonable on the value for the total loss.

On the bright side, it isn’t going to the crusher. It’s being picked up by IAA today and in the coming days/weeks it should appear on their website for auction. So….if anyone is looking for a car that’s been supremely well cared for and was only underwater overnight before seeing the error of its ways, keep an eye on the website!

Your (former) car is on the auction site now. Can't get a link to work, but here are the pics https://www.iaai.com/Images/EnlargeImages?stockNumber=31267143&branchCode=817&salvageId=31731356

... and here's a screenshot of the results when I searched "ford gt"

kenneth_clay_flood.jpg

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
2005 FORD GT for Auction - IAA (iaai.com)
It was bid up to $120k Friday and now it's $55k. ?????

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
It was bid up to $120k Friday and now it's $55k. ?????
Maybe it has something to do with it being a "prebid"?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Your (former) car is on the auction site now. Can't get a link to work, but here are the pics https://www.iaai.com/Images/EnlargeImages?stockNumber=31267143&branchCode=817&salvageId=31731356

... and here's a screenshot of the results when I searched "ford gt"

View attachment 64130
Try this

Reactions: extrap

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY

Reactions: 2112

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Those wheels are just wrong!!!!!!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I'm pleased to report that I've found a replacement car for the Hurricane Ida submarine (note new Avatar in honor of the fallen).

Our very own David Garton (68RCodeMan) was kind enough to part with his very nice 4-option white car, and I've committed to give it a good home! Very glad to have been able to find a solution through the FGT Forum community - it's great to find a car with a known provenance and buy from a guy who is "one of us".

Garton FGT front.jpgGarton Ford GT back.jpg

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Looks like a sweet piece.

Glad for you, Kenneth.

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Congrats Kenneth, and it was great meeting you at the rally. When you introduced yourself as "I'm the one that posted the picture of my flooded car" I instantly new who you were, and also instantly felt bad for you. Glad you are "whole" again.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Congrats Kenneth, and it was great meeting you at the rally. When you introduced yourself as "I'm the one that posted the picture of my flooded car" I instantly new who you were, and also instantly felt bad for you. Glad you are "whole" again.
It's good to be back where I was before the flood, and of course with the new 2021 Heritage being delivered as well it ended up being a pretty good car month!

Reactions: ByeEnzo and extrap

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Yeah, I'm guessing you aren't getting any holiday gifts this season. No one is that good. :)