After Hurricane Ida, need another minty, white 4-option car

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Well, my GT decided to masquerade as a submarine (but just for a few hours). It didn't go well.

I took the car to get freshened up (Xpel, ceramic coat, ClearPlex, etc.) right before the storm. My garage stayed bone dry during Hurricane Ida, but unfortunately my car wasn't in it.

Soooo....if anyone knows of a low-mileage, bone stock, 4-option white car that could be for sale, feel free to PM me!

enthusiast flood.jpgGT flood.jpg

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
OMG 😧

Last edited:
Reactions: KennethClay

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Kenneth, so sorry to hear of your misfortune. You have helped a number of members find their GT's. Hopefully your search will be short. It would be great to find one before the Rally.

Bruce

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow, .that's way too bad Kenneth. You join the Kirby-Soroush group for flooded cars. At least yours stayed put and you didn't find it in some river bottom.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Oh, btw, RED cars are best.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Wow. So sorry, Kenneth. Hope you are made whole again, and soon.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Consider cutting a deal with your insurance company to keep it as a parts car.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I saw it at the Detailer, and felt sick for Ken. I saw him today, and his attitude is incredible. I know he’ll find the right car, and drive and enjoy it!!! Ida wasn’t nice to me, but nothing like what Ken went through. Mother Nature is pissed off, earthquakes, fires, hurricanes, cicadas ( instead of locusts), pandemic…..enough already!!! Stay safe everyone!!!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Yeah, even flooded it's bound to be over $100k worth of parts ... or more?? Wouldn't almost everything be salvageable except the soft stuff (interior) and electronics?

If ya could take it all apart, clean it, replace what's needed, and put it back together ... if only we knew of a guy :unsure: 🙂

Still sucks ... I'm certainly not trying to make light of it.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
With the sealed connectors that are now used, you’d be surprised how many of the electrical parts would be salvageable. I’d be interested to know if any water got in the headlights.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Wow, .that's way too bad Kenneth. You join the Kirby-Soroush group for flooded cars. At least yours stayed put and you didn't find it in some river bottom.
That’s true. But I’m still wishing I had just left it in the garage for a few more days…

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Someone will rebuild it. If you are up for it, might as well be you.

But I get that it will be a huge project with lots of unobtanium parts to source.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I saw it at the Detailer, and felt sick for Ken. I saw him today, and his attitude is incredible. I know he’ll find the right car, and drive and enjoy it!!! Ida wasn’t nice to me, but nothing like what Ken went through. Mother Nature is pissed off, earthquakes, fires, hurricanes, cicadas ( instead of locusts), pandemic…..enough already!!! Stay safe everyone!!!
Thx for the kind words—I’m putting on a brave face but I’m still pretty bummed inside. Trying to keep it in perspective, though.

That said, haven’t yet found many of those “cheap” white cars referenced on the the thread on color and value! 😉

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Ouch! Sorry, Kenneth! You’ll come out on top!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Bummer Kenneth! At least as a consolation you’ll be receiving another white car in the near future. Meanwhile, enjoy the thrill of the chase to find a replacement - your next car is out there!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Don’t know if this is it of any interest to you. But I know for a fact that flood cars can be fixed. I know Rich Brooks has fixed some in his long and illustrious career.
I personally know of flood cars that have been fixed and sold for big money. Ask Sorosh and Dan Schoneck
Like someone else stated.The car in parts alone is worth a fortune.
I am truly saddened for you. I wish you the best of luck finding another Gt or fixing yours

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Don’t know if this is it of any interest to you. But I know for a fact that flood cars can be fixed. I know Rich Brooks has fixed some in his long and illustrious career.
I personally know of flood cars that have been fixed and sold for big money. Ask Sorosh and Dan Shownick
Like someone else stated.The car in parts alone is worth a fortune.
I am truly saddened for you. I wish you the best of luck finding another Gt or fixing yours

Murdered my name 😂 Schoneck

Soroush’s car only got wet to top of center counsel. Was a easy fix. Car has had no issues in past 4 years now.

Reactions: roketman

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Man that sucks! I’ve had a few car collectors locally receive some damage to their facilities as well from hurricane Ida. No word yet on car damage, luckily I was OK too!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Murdered my name 😂 Schoneck

Soroush’s car only got wet to top of center counsel. Was a easy fix. Car has had no issues in past 4 years now.
Glad to know these cars can have a second life! I was relieved to learn that the car will likely not be destroyed by the insurance company. Still looking for a replacement, though...

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Glad to know these cars can have a second life! I was relieved to learn that the car will likely not be destroyed by the insurance company. Still looking for a replacement, though...
😉