Nothing wrong with having 2....

Reactions: KennethClay

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Murdered my name 😂 Schoneck

Soroush’s car only got wet to top of center counsel. Was a easy fix. Car has had no issues in past 4 years now.
Dan
I fixed that!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Murdered my name 😂 Schoneck

Soroush’s car only got wet to top of center counsel. Was a easy fix. Car has had no issues in past 4 years now.
I fixed it!
Did you send my parts?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Glad to know these cars can have a second life! I was relieved to learn that the car will likely not be destroyed by the insurance company. Still looking for a replacement, though...

Need to get the water out of the engine ASAP. Pull the spark plugs, crank over by hand. Spray wd40 in cylinders, drain oil from oil tank, re apply clean oil in engine, self prime oil pump and I have a way for you to crank motor over with starter with out powering up full car harness. Make sure battery is disconnected now. Pull all the fuses up front and spray contact cleaner on the connections. Front harness is no longer available. Lots of prep work could be done to save the car.

I had soroush's car running in 4 days. Again his water damage was not above the roof line like yours was. None the less.. If proper steps are taken right away the car can be salvaged very easily.

Last edited:

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Well, I heard from the insurance company today. Post-Katrina, they don’t allow customers to keep water damaged cars as a matter of policy. They were pretty reasonable on the value for the total loss.

On the bright side, it isn’t going to the crusher. It’s being picked up by IAA today and in the coming days/weeks it should appear on their website for auction. So….if anyone is looking for a car that’s been supremely well cared for and was only underwater overnight before seeing the error of its ways, keep an eye on the website!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
How many miles, Kenneth? Any mods?

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
How many miles, Kenneth? Any mods?
Assuming you're asking about the old car (not the "to be purchased" car), it was 7800 miles and zero mods--bone stock. I put about 500 miles a year on the car, mostly in 10-50 mile increments on fun roads. It was driven regularly to keep all the fluids circulating and then put back into a cool, dry garage.

Reactions: roketman and extrap

FerrariSlayer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 3, 2014
Spring, TX
ugh.....it's really hard to look at that bottom picture. Sorry for your loss - happy hunting! I would be counting my blessings that it wasn't the "other white one".......

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Assuming you're asking about the old car (not the "to be purchased" car), it was 7800 miles and zero mods--bone stock. I put about 500 miles a year on the car, mostly in 10-50 mile increments on fun roads. It was driven regularly to keep all the fluids circulating and then put back into a cool, dry garage.
500 miles a year?
Your not driving it enough!
I do that in a weekend!!
In all seriousness I wish you the best of luck in your search
My best regards
Ron

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
sounds like the insurance company is going to get a lot of money back on the auction with some much interest out there.. burnt crisp ones are going way over 200K...

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
So sorry to hear this Kenneth.

Vince H

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
ugh.....it's really hard to look at that bottom picture. Sorry for your loss - happy hunting! I would be counting my blessings that it wasn't the "other white one".......
That’s the truth! Although super painful, this one can probably be replaced. The one arriving next week…well…not for at least 2 years!

Reactions: extrap

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
500 miles a year?
Your not driving it enough!
I do that in a weekend!!
In all seriousness I wish you the best of luck in your search
My best regards
Ron
Ron, I agree! Would love to drive it more. The combo of a ton of work/travel, plus the shorter driving season (and a few other vehicles to exercise) makes it tough. But each time I get in it and go, there is a tremendous sense of occasion. Noting else like it!

Reactions: roketman

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
That’s the truth! Although super painful, this one can probably be replaced. The one arriving next week…well…not for at least 2 years!

Woe! Pix pix pix! :) (y)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ron, I agree! Would love to drive it more. The combo of a ton of work/travel, plus the shorter driving season (and a few other vehicles to exercise) makes it tough. But each time I get in it and go, there is a tremendous sense of occasion. Noting else like it!
I understand completely!
An epic experience every time you get in it!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
sounds like the insurance company is going to get a lot of money back on the auction with some much interest out there.. burnt crisp ones are going way over 200K...

No burnt crisp car has brought over 200 in need of repair that I’ve seen. Only recent burnt car I know of is at my shop and it sold for less than 200.

This white car hear will really need to be stripped to a bare chassis to to be cleaned. Motor is full of water and by time leaves auction will need to come apart as I don’t believe that they got the water out of it.

it could bring 160-200. I’ll be a player on it.
It’s only worth 250-260 fixed. But it may bring more who knows..

Reactions: spyder625

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Silver one just popped up...not white but a lighter color....

Reactions: roketman

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York

Thx for the lead. It's a nice, clean car (and I like quicksilver). But, I think I'm going to keep looking for the exact replacement, so I can pretend this never happened!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

I love silver but boy does that car seem to have some significant color mismatching with the front fender and tail end.

Attachments

• 2005_ford_gt_1629821436f1b7a1fba3abDSC_9439.jpg
    2005_ford_gt_1629821436f1b7a1fba3abDSC_9439.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: Johntpr

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

My garage stayed bone dry during Hurricane Ida, but unfortunately my car wasn't in it.

Where was the car when the flood happened?

And how did the poor thing not make it into the aforementioned bone dry garage?! :eek: 🤔