A Wow Weekend at The Texas Mile

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow. I used that word a lot this weekend. I went to The Mile with a goal of breaking 210 mph and on my first pass I hit 215. Wow. Two passes later I hit 217. Wow.

Then Tanner Foust wants to use my car for some drive by shots with his camera crew. When he comes back his only comment is "This car is a beast!" Wow.

Next he asks if he can make a pass down the track with it and they rig it up with all kinds of cameras and sound equipment. He hits 218 and asks if he can take a second pass. He trys everything he can like doing a burnout and some fancy clutch work but he can only hit the same speed I did, 217. Wow. Makes a rookie driver like me feel pretty good. His producer tells me later that the 218 is Tanners personal best top speed out of all the exotic cars he has driven. Wow.

They do an on camera interview with me. I'm pretty sure I look like a fool. Wow.

Then they decide to film the closing sequence for the show using my car. Who knows how much of the other stuff will end up on the cutting room floor but this is the only closing sequence they shoot there so I'm pretty sure it will be used on the show. Wow.

And then the icing on the cake, with great weather conditions on my first and only pass Saturday morning, I nail 223 mph! WOW! Since Tanner had used up all my race fuel :biggrin I loaded it on the trailer, a very satisfied man.

I saw a lot of GT guys I hadn't seen in a while and met several new ones. Great guys all. Even met a couple of decent Corvette guys.:lol

Definitely a weekend to remember.:thumbsup

BTW this episode of Supercars Exposed is scheduled to air in early May. They filmed several of us GT guys as well as just about every other exotic there. Tune in, you may see somebody you know.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And just where was the boss while you're having all this fun? Did you let her make a run? Congrats on a fun weekend and a new personal best.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Wow is a good word for your weekend! A once in a lifetime experience. Thanks for sharing:cheers

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
223? Wow!!!!!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
And just where was the boss while you're having all this fun? Did you let her make a run? Congrats on a fun weekend and a new personal best.

Every successful race team has to have a top notch pit crew. :biggrin

She had a blast too. :thumbsup

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Wooo Hooo Congrats Keith :party :thumbsup

Musta been that cold Canadian air :biggrin

:cheers
Trent

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
congratulations TEXAS GT :cheers

i look forward to seeing you and your GT on the speed channel :thumbsup

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
when you cracked off that 223 guess what I said....... Wow

Yes, your wife was having a blast and I could tell she was sharing in the adreneline that you were getting from running your car. GREAT fun for everyone this weekend and I can tell you the 223 run sure put a smile on my face as I am sure it did on your face too.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
congratulations on the whole weekend keith !! especially the 223

dandaman

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2007
Tyler, Tx
Congrats Keith on a 223 mph run! You and the others have made us GT Guys proud. It will be great to see everyone on the upcoming episode of Supercars Exposed. There are several GT owners in the East Texas area, we all need to get together sometime on a weekend. I would like to go see Steve57's project as well. Have a safe trip home.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Wow!

Congrats.
mardyn

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great Job !!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Ya just gota love it.:banana

223mph.:eek

What a ride.:thumbsup

Congratulations Keith.

:cheers

Mar 15, 2006
great seeing you! 223 is incredible! i dont think the weather, track conditions could be any better. lots of great people and cars at the event as well.

Aug 25, 2006
I am truly very happy for you

A great job by you and your team

Shadowman

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
WOW......223!!!!

Congrats, and I can't wait to see the episode. :cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Fantastic congrats !

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Congrats Kieth. I puckered when you lost traction in 2nd. I wish it was cold for the cars, but warmer for us. Probably the coldest late March weekend ever. See you soon.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Keith, I was just wondering, did you trailer the car there or did you drive it?

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
WOW......223!!!!

Congrats, and I can't wait to see the episode. :cheers

I second that! WOW! :cheers That is just so fast in only 1 mile it blows my mind!