a few pix of my new casa......

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
my wife and i moved into our new house back in April of this year. it is a custom home that i designed 5 years ago. i have a degree in drafting. the house is a spanish colonial design as we live 75 miles from the border of Mexico. the house is built exactly to my specs. 4,400 square feet of living space and a 1320 square foot garage. 880 square foot carport and the total amount under roof with all the porches, decks and the "owls nest" up top = 7,900 square feet. it is 3 storys HIGH and 34' Tall. all 3 of the bedrooms and 3 of the 4 bathrooms are upstairs. as you can see from the pix of my Harris Hawk it is raptor paradise. he hunts from our place in the day and we have 2 great horned owls that hunt from our place at night. we have water running full time on our 8 acres of land and so we get Mule deer and bobcats drinking our water all the time. we get coyotes and javelina regularly too. we occasionally get a mountain lion too. from the owls nest on the 3rd floor i can shoot any animal that comes onto my property very easily. but i did not build the owls nest for that reason. we live in a airpark (residential fly-in community) and our house and hangar are just 1/4 mile from the end of the runway; and so the observation deck is nice because we can see the runway and all the airplanes taking off and landing. the 5400 square foot hangar was built in 1986 and i bought the land and hangar from the original owner back in 2001. built inside of the hangar is a 1100 square foot guest house. as you can see the 20,000 square foot back yard needs alot of work. i am digging a water well next year and i am gonna turn the back yard into Puerto Vallarta as i am gonna put 29 palm trees back there with a playboy mansion type swimming pool and jacuzzi with groto :cheers

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

027.jpg

043.jpg

032.jpg

034.jpg

040.jpg

039.jpg

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Very nice...

Your lawn looks a little dry though - I wouldn't recommend mowing it just yet. :biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
awsome:thumbsup the hanger is my favorite, that would make for a hell of a garage:wink

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
awsome:thumbsup the hanger is my favorite, that would make for a hell of a garage:wink

it has five 240 volt outlets in the hangar for welding equipment, etc.

it also has the air compressor lines built into the walls so you can access the air from multiple locations in the building.

:thumbsup

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
awesome fst fred
no neighbors-who could ask for more--lol
now all you need is a red/white gt to give the place some character--lol

best of luck with it

sam
ps--what the hell is a "javelina"

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
needs some lifts in the garage to be perfect (looks like your ceilings are plenty high enough).

Maybe a little skeet shooting from the top of the house thingy? :)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Javelina

ps--what the hell is a "javelina"

Sam,

Javelina are our resident wild hairy pigs. Full-grown they are a little under 3 feet tall at the shoulder, and a big male could probably approach 100 pounds. At my home in Scottsdale they regularly dump over my garbage cans scatter trash all over my driveway. They wreck havoc on local desert golf courses by digging up all new foliage to eat the roots.

Genetically, they're not actually pigs, they are giant rodents. I often wonder how they survive here in Arizona as it would seem they would be easy pickings for coyotes and mountain lions. Their eyesight is poor and if you're downwind they are not that difficult to approach. They do have an incredible set of incisors (as big as a mountain lions) and can inflict a wicked bite.

The most amazing thing about these little hairy pigs is what they can eat. A cactus covered with nail hard, needle sharp thorns, they can bite into, chew up, and swallow, like it was a marshmallow. :eek They love prickly pear.

That's probably more than you wanted to know about a Javelina.

Chip

Attachments

• Javelina.jpg
    Javelina.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 506

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Very Nice Fast Freddy! I had looked at Stellar airpark in chandler but they had a covanent in the CCRs that forbid cars to be parked in the hangers. That kind of blew it for me. This will be great when you get the yard in!

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
thx chip
never heard of them before
we have something similiar here in newark new jersey(but they are bigger)
they are called "rats"---lol

thx again
learn something everyday
ciao for now
sam

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Fast Freddy, do you fly? Nice pad.:thumbsup

Chip, I understand Javelina taste like chicken?:lol Had some around in Havasu, they can be fun to watch as well as real pain in the butt.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Nice Pad, I am amazed at how dry it looks. Makes it easy if you do not have to mow a lawn!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Nice Pad, I am amazed at how dry it looks. Makes it easy if you do not have to mow a lawn!

Thank You :cheers

Tucson only gets 13" of rain a year :frown but no worries as my neighbor is getting 1000 gallons an hour from his well :eek so i expect to get the same when i drill mine......

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Nice place. When's the first party?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice !!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Very nice. Well thought out!

Not too many casa's with a shooting tower!

:cheers

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Very Nice Fast Freddy! I had looked at Stellar airpark in chandler but they had a covanent in the CCRs that forbid cars to be parked in the hangers. That kind of blew it for me. This will be great when you get the yard in!

Thank You :cheers

Stellar's runway is a lil short too......

our runway is 4500 feet long :thumbsup

we can fly small jets in and out of our airpark :cool my hangar is so full of cars, boats, trucks, motorcycles and trailers that i don't have room for an airplane in there :lol

the previous owner had a Beechcraft Bonanza in there. when i get an airplane someday i am gonna build a 2,500 square foot Steel Hangar next to the existing hangar. it will be basically just a glorified shade port. i am developing my estate to accommodate a Cessna Mustang jet :usa

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats man. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Great looking place all ways around. I like the bird of prey you have as a guardian.

:cheers

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Enjoy your new home in good health! And Tim beat me to it... when's the party?

Manny

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Another option for Rally V. :cheers

Maybe a little dusty untill the yard grows in!!! :willy

Great looking place, and my wife, Humane Society Founding Member RoundRock Texas, loves the birds and animals.

I just have Garage/Hanger envy.:lol

Larry

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Nice place ! I really like the hangar - I'm with Tim when's the party