A Couple of COLD Hours at Hennessy This Morning!

theseeker

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 31, 2009
Sugar Land, TX
I woke up this morning and it was 25 degrees! This is the coldest winter I can remember in Houston in my lifetime and it is going to get worse later in the week, sleet and some snow. Global warming?
I drove out to Hennessey World this morning and by the time I arrived it was a balmy 35 with a nice North wind.

The Hennessy showroom surprised me. You could truly eat off the floor and the staff is outstanding. You are probably thinking, yea well they want to sell you a car or upgrades, point well taken. However, being a repeat Ferrari, Porsche and Aston buyer, I was taken aback and quite impressed.

James Howard greeted me and gave me the tour. Good thing I brought a heavy jacket. If it was 35 outside, it must have been 25 in the shop and what a shop! Sorry I did not take any pictures of the shop but it was too damn cold. Needless to say, their shop is impressive as well. Actually, it is more impressive than the Ferrari shop. It is extremely well organized and setup very efficentley. GT's here, Vipers there, Camaros over there, Vettes, Nissans and even a spot for 69 GTX.

The Dynos you name it, Hennessy has his collective Sh*t in order.

After the butt chilling tour I hear a dragon awake in the background. A black stealthy object pulls in and I immediately think of divorce, just kidding. WOW, that is one beauty of an ICBM! The sound, the shape and visual experiences were overwhelming.

OK, I type too much. Dave took me around the track and then on the highway. I cannot find the words to explain or express what I experienced or what I felt. Fortunately, I did not wet myself or soil my undergarments. I have owned a number of very fast cars in my life and I consider myself very fortunate. I was not expecting what I experienced today.

There was a part of me that said, ok if these guys can come close too an Enzo, I will be impressed. Gulp, this car kills an Enzo or any thing else IMHOP.

I was going to call some of my Ferrari buddies and tell them about my experience, but then I said, nope, I will get mine first and blow their doors, ego and the like.

I always thought that nothing would eclipse my 1997 Porsche Turo S, I am happy to report that I was wrong and their is still a God. I love the Blue oval once again!

Sorry for being so long winded, but as my Grandfather would have said, Rock, I am happier than a pig in Sh*t!

Cheers and enjoy the pics!

Rock

BGT2.jpg

Nice Ass!
GTT1.jpg

Clam
BGT3.jpg

GTE1.jpg

GTE2.jpg

DSC02794-1.jpg

DSC02795-1.jpg

THIS IS ART IN IT'S PUREST FORM!
GTD1.jpg

My final thoughts, general musing and Miscellaneous BS!
Dave, you could have sacred me more, in which case I might have called my banker.
Kendall, your input has trully challenged me, and I appreciate it!
Chip, we speak the same language and while you may have saved me a great deal of money, it may ultimately cost me more!

BGT1.jpg

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Simply stunning. Congrats.

Best Regards,
Waldo

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I sold them that black car (in stock form of course). They did a nice job with it. Great looking and performing car. Cant wait to see what you end up with! :)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hennessey's

Many of us met at Hennessey's right after the Rally this October. It is a very cool shop indeed & the hospitality was as nice. You are right on with your comments on the shop, Hennessey Team &, of course, the most awesome Ford GT!

Ed

PS I hope you do get a FGT someday theseeker.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
BLACK IS TRULY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! (when clean)

John

theseeker

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 31, 2009
Sugar Land, TX
Did I mention that I had a great time?:banana

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you for the shared wonderful experience

Takes care

Shadowman

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
The new progressive term is Global Climate Change, they couldn't make Global warming work.

theseeker

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 31, 2009
Sugar Land, TX
Many of us met at Hennessey's right after the Rally this October. It is a very cool shop indeed & the hospitality was as nice. You are right on with your comments on the shop, Hennessey Team &, of course, the most awesome Ford GT!

Ed

PS I hope you do get a FGT someday theseeker.

It won't be long.

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
I too am out in Sugar Land, we should get together some time.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Sugar Land

I purchased my yellow GT brand new from Sugar Land Ford.

Chip

theseeker

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 31, 2009
Sugar Land, TX

Let's do I am in Sugar Creek.
Rocky

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Rocky,

Great looking GT. Love all the pictures. :banana Nice post!!!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
very impressive

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Rock. She's a beaut!! Enjoy her in good health. And welcome to the club.

Hey, this is my 911th post! Makes me wanna take the turbo out for a spin. Too bad we're in the dead of winter.......