Jul 31, 2006
:winkOk lady Moose no more cheating with Gene Martindale:wink

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim keep us posted, we will be in town, if this develops.

Sure thing. We'll be getting together in Scottsdale. No big deal, come one, come all, no reservations needed. I'll post up a time and place in a separate thread so I don't confuse any one.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Perfect, we are staying in Scottsdale.

Sure thing. We'll be getting together in Scottsdale. No big deal, come one, come all, no reservations needed. I'll post up a time and place in a separate thread so I don't confuse any one.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Chip,

Put me down for 1 tentatively. I will confirm with you on Monday.

Thanks
Rich

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Warm up.

Gentlemen,

I have moved our gathering inside because it looks like it's going to be pretty cold on Wednesday night so the ladies can be as scantly clad as they like. :biggrin We will be in our own area of El Chorro and will have our own server staff. I will be out of touch without a computer or cell service until Monday morning but feel free to leave me a message on my cell if you have any questions at (602) 430-4877. I welcome new additions to our ranks right up to Wednesday. The address and phone # is listed below.

El Chorro Lodge
5550 E Lincoln Dr
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253
(480) 948-5170

See you soon.

Chip

rsman

GT Owner
Jun 2, 2007
will be there with 4 guests now.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Chip,

Confirm me for one.

Thanks

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip,

Confirm me for one.

Thanks

Cool, see you there Rich.

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Be there, or be square.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

If anybody on the list in post one of this thread will not be able to make it, let me know via phone at 602-430-4877. If someone new wants to come just give me a call at that same number. We will be inside this year to stay out of the cold. Cocktails start at 7:00 PM tomorrow (Wednesday). See you there. :cheers :cheers :cheers

Chip

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Pictures?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Chip, thank you again for making this happen!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip, thank you again for making this happen!!

You bet. I had a great time and enjoyed seeing everybody. I do think that El Chorro has gotten way too expensive and I'm sorry the tab was so high. Next year the event will go back to Thursday night and I'm moving it to Don & Charlie's where the expense will be about half of what it cost this year. Thanks for coming!!

Chip

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You bet. I had a great time and enjoyed seeing everybody. I do think that El Chorro has gotten way too expensive and I'm sorry the tab was so high. Next year the event will go back to Thursday night and I'm moving it to Don & Charlie's where the expense will be about half of what it cost this year. Thanks for coming!!

Chip

Chip, what was the total this year? I thought last year's evening (I think about $90) was quite reasonable for what we got and the chance to see everyone.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip, what was the total this year? I thought last year's evening (I think about $90) was quite reasonable for what we got and the chance to see everyone.

This years tab was $140, a 50% increase over last year which included an automatically added 23% tip which I thought was excessive. More than 50% of the bill was the tip and bar tab. I really like El Chorro but it's now too expensive to hold a function like this IMO. I'm not real price sensitive but I was not happy with the tab. It was a nice event though.

Chip

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
This years tab was $140, a 50% increase over last year which included an automatically added 23% tip which I thought was excessive. More than 50% of the bill was the tip and bar tab. I really like El Chorro but it's now too expensive to hold a function like this IMO. I'm not real price sensitive but I was not happy with the tab. It was a nice event though.

Chip

Your call, but if I'd been there I would have groaned a little, but I thought the place was an awesome place to gather. The location is very convenient (literally, a couple of miles from the hotel I stay at when I go) and the outside seating was good. Parking for the cars in front was good and aving the attendant with a little tip was great because we "had the front lot". It kept the cars out and safe.

My suggestion might be keep the location and turn it into a cash bar. Either pay cash or start your own tab.

Just thinking :)

Did you see my second BJ Shelby go on Friday? Rick Hendrick bought it. Craig said "Rick, isn't this the first Ford we ever sold you?" He went on to Saturday and spent $1M+ to get the first new 'Vette.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I'd be happy with a grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of wine, but I don't come for the food. I come to catch up with people I haven't seen in a long time and to make new friends. It might have been a tad bit more than I had planned, but if I didn't think it was worth it, I wouldn't go. Thanks for organizing the dinner. It was nice to see you (and everyone else), and get a break from the snow and sub-freezing temperatures!