$3 Million GT Collection(5) on Ebay, w. Sonic

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...rms=39:1|65:-1|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

includes a Sonic & Gulf

ps, BTW what is current market on GTs?

<50mi
<2500 mi
>2500 mi
Gulf

Seems like these are break points in value....

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Seems like these are break points in value....

Just remember, the more you drive your GT, the more value you get out of it. :thumbsup

A friend's 8 year old has requested a ride in my GT for his birthday today as he loves cars.

Value of making a kid's birthday wish come true: Priceless...

:wink

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
There was just a thread about it. I believe Shelby estimated that the real current market value of that collection should be aroud $1.3 million.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
There was just a thread about it. I believe Shelby estimated that the real current market value of that collection should be aroud $1.3 million.

Yes, that was MY estimate. I am dead on on the other 4 cars (if not HIGH), the blue cars value is all the in the eye of the beholder. I do feel that I was MORE than fair with MY estimated value of it....

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Just remember, the more you drive your GT, the more value you get out of it. :thumbsup

A friend's 8 year old has requested a ride in my GT for his birthday today as he loves cars.

Value of making a kid's birthday wish come true: Priceless...

:wink

Exactly!

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa

I agree ! I'd like to know WHO would bid $3 M ! It seems you could carefully shop, pick and choose and save a lot of $$$$$$ :eek :eek

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I agree ! I'd like to know WHO would bid $3 M ! It seems you could carefully shop, pick and choose and save a lot of $$$$$$ :eek :eek

Either someone who really wants the Sonic car, or a shill bid.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I emailed him and asked if it was a real bid or a reserve price and he replied that it was a real bid ( or I guess as far as he knows).

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
If that is a real bid then he must not want to sell very much. I would like to think if he got 1.7 million :eek more than Shelby's generous expert estimate of 1.3 the seller would have closed the deal yesterday. :frown

Interesting color though. Heard of the sonic car story and am glad I finally got to see it. :cheers

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
If you look at the bidders history with the seller it is at 100%.......hmmm!I know what my answer is ........but I am afraid of Bony!:rofl

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I can assure you that the bidder (whomever it may be) is not willing to pay $3million. I see this stuff all the time. Either someone bid the starting bid just because they knew since it said reserve no met that they would not be held to it, OR there is some "INSIDER TRADING". Either way, I am willing to bet BIG $$$$ that there is no one willing to give the $3million at this time.
I am not trying to knock the sellers auction as he has some GREAT cars for sale and probably one of the best collections of delivery mile GTs available anywhere, but everyone has to come to reality at some point.....

Juan Cooldude

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2008
I believe the Seller can choose to send an invoice to highest bidder even if the reserve was not met, in which case, the high bidder is legally contracted to complete the sale.

However, since the current bidder and seller seems to have a 100% previous bidding relationship, it doesn't matter.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
No, that is not correct. If a bidder enters a bid that does NOT meet reserve, they are in no way obligated to purchase the item.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Mine is not for sale, deosn't matter the price. It is part of the family now, and I won't sell!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Never say never...

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Never say never...
+1 Absolutely agreed 110%. Just like "Pretty Woman". You may not agree to pay it, but there is a price. Everything I own has a price right down to my GT's, my grandfather's rolltop desk, my dad's railroad watch and my underwear. You can tell exactly how bad I want to sell something by the price. In fact give me ten million cash and I will walk (run) away stark naked. Y'all can come visit me as soon as I get re-settled.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Joe... I'm a pussy cat :)

Personally I think we will see these cars again being offered by the same seller.

I think the sonic is worth $300k

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Either someone who really wants the Sonic car, or a shill bid.

Lets see; clean, new, no miles, never been driven..hmmmmmm; the only man that would pay that kind of $$$$ for cars he has no intention of driving would be.............WAIT FOR IT....................EMPTY POCKETS !!! :biggrin :rofl :thumbsup :banana

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
NEVER, waited 40 years for it.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
if there was only one I could see someone saying never, but they made thousands of them.