3 Day Breast Cancer Walk

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Glad to help out for such a good cause and send a big thank you to Christy and all the participants. :cheers

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Saute,...time to raise the bar again... :)

Per your request Sir B O N Y, the goal has now been raised to $6,000. We are at $4,850 today. Keep it coming Forum members, perhaps it can even get it higher if everyone pitches in! :cheers

Training report....
Last week was the first full week of training. The first few days she was pretty sore. The week ended in a 9.1 mile walk on Saturday, with a pretty good size blister on one foot. :frown Still she's taking it very well especially with the support of everyone. :thumbsup

Every bit counts!

All the best...
Rick

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You're gonna have to keep bumping it up soon :wink

I have made my personal donation, but Ford GT Forum is holding it's donation hostage pending commitment of Rally IV attendance by Mrs. Saute. I can't think of a better place to promote NEXT year's walk than a Ford GT Rally. It's a charitable group, and we can be convinced to get crazy with the right amount of participation with our community.

I'd also like to request a Ford GT Forum shirt be worn during the walk. Who knows what kind of extra donations that might bring?

:biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Especially if it's wet..... (had to do what Bony was thinking)

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
O.K. Dave, we have commitment-!! :banana:banana My wife will be at Rally IV!!! Our vote for location has been cast. (I can't be bought on that anymore guys) She will also wear the Ford GT Forum shirt proudly!

Frank, I don't think so...:frown bad boy. :wink

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Unfortunately I have seen what cancer can do first hand with my grandfather. Good luck with the walk and I hope you reach your revised goal. You have the support of the skyrex clan. :cheers

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
I lost my younger sister to cancer before she was fifty. Good luck with the walk, you may have to revise your revised goal. The Prosser's :thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
O.K. Dave, we have commitment-!!

Man, that was reasonably priced! :biggrin

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Training report...
Another week has gone by, and my wife is doing well. She did pull a groin muscle last Friday running a Relay Race event during her Boot Camp, which she participates in every weekday morning. Even with that she did walk 9.2 miles Saturday morning with one of her team members. Sunday was a day of rest and recuperation.

She still hasn't missed a day of Boot Camp, and is feeling much better. Tomorrow she is doing a 4 mile run.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, support and donations. She is $550.00 from her goal now of $6,000. We are hoping to pass that goal also. :thumbsup

All the best....
Rick

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ouch... I pulled a groan muscle once,... I was training for something else....

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Week 3 training report....

This was a good week for training, and my wife is in the groove. No injuries, and she extended her milage. She is still training at the boot camp every weekday morning, and doing walks with some of her team members. Saturday was 16 miles, and Sunday was 9 miles.

I've been taking our kids away on the weekends so that she could have some R & R for herself. That seems to be making a big difference in her stress levels this year. :wink

The donations have stalled at $5450.00. We are still shooting for $6,000. Please help her meet her goal, she is working very hard and even small amounts add up.

Here is the link again.... Susan G Komen 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk (60 miles)
http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/SanDiegoEvent?px=1320625&pg=personal&fr_id=1187

Thank you...
Rick

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
^Done. She has now exceeded her goal:thumbsup

Good luck with the run.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Week 4 Training report

She just completed her "boot camp" results were good. She took another 2 minutes off her running time for the mile.

This week is an off week for the boot camp. The camp will start again next week, and go through until a week before her walk. The break is much needed, she has pushed herself very hard.

And with all the smoke around from the fires it's just as well.

We have reached our goal, but that doesn't mean we have to stop. All donations are much appreciated in any amount. :thumbsup

All the best....
Rick

Last edited:

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Walk

We just made our donation. Make sure she stays on her training schedule!!

Rich

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Week 5 report....

My wife was back at "boot camp" again last week. Though she gained 6 seconds back on the mile she is still feeling good.

We went to Ballard & Los Olivos for the weekend without the kids. She did run from Ballard to L.O. and back for training, while I read the paper and drank coffee. Other than that it was our last weekend together for relaxing without the kids. From now until the walk I will be taking the kids to our cabin for the weekends so she can recuperate, until the walk is over.

My wife has also raised the goal again, to $7,000. Thanks to the generous donations from the forum members, vendors, and others she is just shy of the new goal by $80.00. Simply unbelievable.

All the best....
Rick

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Rick, hope you enjoyed an nice cigar with that morning paper and coffee while Chris did here road work... your a great coach :)

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Damn.... knew I forgot something... :-']

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Week 6 report....

Training is still going on.... And the new goal that she posted has been passed AGAIN!!
Thank you all again for helping out! We are not done yet, and are hoping to still raise more for the cure!!

All the best...
Rick

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Week 7 report....

Next week on the 21st is the start of the 3 DAY BREAST CANCER WALK!!!! As of today her site has raised over $7,000!! And the donations are still coming in!!

This weekend was another walk for 16 miles. "Boot Camp" weekday mornings have continued. She is in good spirits, and in good shape!:banana

If you would like to help please go to this link..http:////www.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/SanDiegoEvent?px=1320625&pg=personal&fr_id=1187 Shooting for $8,000 now!

All the best....
Rick

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Week 8 report...

Another complete week of training. My wife is in fantastic shape and ready to fulfill her commitment to the Breast Cancer Walk, and to those who have donated to this very worthy cause.

We are still a little shy of $8,000, so if you are looking for a tax write off.....

Pictures will be up next week when we get back!!!

All the best...
Rick