2022 AMGT40-1 Unveiled at Chicago Auto Show

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
Like everyone on this forum, I’ve been to countless auto shows, standing like everyone else spellbound by the automotive styling and engineering achievements all packed neatly under one roof. But I never imagined that one day I’d be at the 2022 Chicago Auto Show and look up at one of those displays and see my car, let alone a car I’ve dreamed of since I was nine. The experience was so surreal that I didn’t even think to get up on the platform to take a closer look and get a photograph. I didn’t touch the car; open the door; nothing. I just kept walking around the display in disbelief that my car was standing along side one of the original GT40’s that captured my fascination more than 50 years ago. And the cherry on this hot fudge Sunday experience was meeting Tom and Henry Mann, sons of Alan Mann, who are continuing the rich tradition of Alan Mann Racing by restoring and reengineering cars to run faster and safer. Congratulations to the entire team at Ford Performance for juggling a million balls in place to make this amazing display happen.

IMG_0743.jpegIMG_0745.jpegIMG_0790.jpegIMG_0806.jpegIMG_0843.jpegIMG_0863.jpegIMG_7020.jpegIMG_7037.jpegIMG_7026.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
That's amazingly awesome! Congrats to you! That livery just rocks my world! 👍 :cool: 🍻

Reactions: Mr.Peebles

Angelo P

Jul 21, 2011
A big congrates!!! Gret pics. Mine is expected to come off the line in May - can't wait.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
That is so cooooollllll! Seeing both cars together is a fitting tribute to what makes owning a GT so special!

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Great car livery

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Congratulations. I wonder if Shmee will be asking for one?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
So cool! I was just wondering today if that was indeed an owner’s car... I figured as much. Congrats!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
TriHeart's one is being built this week. I'll be at the Chicago show on Saturday.

Ed

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Wow, that's so cool. Congratulations.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Side by side ! Pretty cool .

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Any GT Forum members in Chicago this weekend that want to meet up besides Howard & Dr Frank?

Ed

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Simply gorgeous!

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Beautiful and congratulations!!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
The paint is drying as I type!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Stunning

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
I see you have the carbon series listed. I drove to the Chicago Auto Show 2020 just to see it. Incredible how Ford and Multimatic were able to align the carbon fiber weave. Hope you're enjoying that magnificent automobile!

Reactions: roketman

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
If you like that, you should see one of the original 16/17 "comp" cars where the union of the CF comes together with out the center accent stripe....

Incredible how Ford and Multimatic were able to align the carbon fiber weave.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Owning a NFGT is such a surreal experience. I can't imagine how that would be to see one's car in a major show. So cool! Congrats on the car and the experience. Many more to come! Thanks for sharing the fun!

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
Owning a NFGT is such a surreal experience. I can't imagine how that would be to see one's car in a major show. So cool! Congrats on the car and the experience. Many more to come! Thanks for sharing the fun!
I still can't believe it. Chicago Auto Show ends today and I receive my car either Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning. Can't wait. So surreal! Thanks for sharing in my unbridled excitement!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I see you have the carbon series listed. I drove to the Chicago Auto Show 2020 just to see it. Incredible how Ford and Multimatic were able to align the carbon fiber weave. Hope you're enjoying that magnificent automobile!
It’s a truly wonderful car!I am truly humbled to own it! 14k on it in 2.5 years of ownership!
Congratulations on your new GT!
Drive it it’s a wonderful car to get to know