2020 Ford GT battery DEAD: HELP

sg55

Aug 30, 2020
So my 2020 ford gt battery is dead. I opened the back engine bay and pulled the latch and of course I can't open the door because if I do, it'll crack the window! What can I do. Someone please find me a simple option. I've been going through the manual online, and I can't find anything. I've only found people saying to remove the front left wheel. Please and thank you!

sg55

Aug 30, 2020
Sorry if I didn't give enough information. I'm trying to open the door so I can pull the latch to access the battery connects in the frunk. But of course, I cannot open the door because of the window.😢

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Has your Dad called the Concierge?

sg55

Aug 30, 2020
Has your Dad called the Concierge?
I've called the concierge. It's closed today, brother.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
A 2020 should have a power port in the back (https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/dead-battery.37310/#lg=attachment60950&slide=0). Connect charger, boost and hope that it can provide the ~7 amps needed to blink lights on and energize the car. If not enough current like old chargers car will give some feeble clicks. Be sure door is closed tight, pull the door release cable again and hope for enough power to lower window. Open front and jump it from terminal access .

sg55

Aug 30, 2020
A 2020 should have a power port in the back (https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/dead-battery.37310/#lg=attachment60950&slide=0). Connect charger, boost and hope that it can provide the ~7 amps needed to blink lights on and energize the car. If not enough current like old chargers car will give some feeble clicks. Be sure door is closed tight, pull the door release cable again and hope for enough power to lower window. Open front and jump it from terminal access .
So the charger I need to connect is the cigarette lighter in the storage compartment? Is it just connecting that one piece? I’ve tried doing that but I got a flashing green light on the thing connected to the charger. In the manual it says that I haven’t connected the battery with the cables within two minutes, so that is why it’s blinking. It also says the car should get a bit of life within 10 minutes max on the manual. I’ve plugged it in for an hour to no avail. Same green flashing thing. I’ve even tried pressing the reset button. Thanks for your help. I’m just confused as well because on the thread you sent me, someone mentioned that there are terminals in the back? I don’t see any.

sg55

Aug 30, 2020
Like for the photo you linked, where am I supposed to connect? And what am I supposed to connect?

sg55

Aug 30, 2020
EDIT: I found the positive terminal, where can I ground the negative? Do I need to plug in the cigarette lighter as well with the terminals?

sg55

Aug 30, 2020
Because when I connect the terminals (only) same thing with the flashing light on the power brick.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I do not know how your trunk cigarette port in the storage space is connected nor if it can carry the 7 amps I found needed to energize car and get door locks and window opening to occur. I do not have the port in my car and I have a lower current battery maintainer. Your port may be fused to accommodate the battery maintainer at low amperage, and I doubt it can handle a jump current, which your battery maintainer is not capable of.
If your battery is dead, like mine was at 1.4 volts, getting 12 volts is necessary at the positive and negative terminals of the battery, the picture
https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/battery-dead-cant-get-into-car.34866/#post-510935
shows the red rubber cover of the positive post, negative post is towards the rear, assuming you have the front passenger side tire and wheel well off. Standard jump once connected to actual battery or terminals in frunk.

Everyone remember that if the car goes into UVP under voltage protection the maintainer will not see the battery unless you press and hold the reset button on the maintainer for ten seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT and GKW05GT

sg55

Aug 30, 2020
Case closed! Holding down the reset button for 10 seconds bypassed the under-voltage protection! Got the electronics back on right away!

Reactions: Ed Sims

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
The power point is under this little cover for future reference. 2019 and forward.
89F5886B-2BD7-4443-9BC4-0B4DE3F875EB.jpeg

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I've called the concierge. It's closed today, brother.
I thought it was 24/7.

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I thought it was 24/7.

Ed

It was originally supposed to be.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Battery replacement, $980 retail price and 270 battery installation. Yeah, $1250 to replace a battery. All at three years and TWO DAMN months beyond warranty, despite being in the shop for warranty work for six months. But, very low cost to add a charging connector in rear, which I velcroed to the back of the right rear engine liner cf piece.

Reactions: Special K

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Heads up warning for all battery replacements. Got my car back and ac heating controls were gone, non functional. Fan speed had to be at max before ac button and recirculation button would operate and fan would work only at high speed. No panel, footwell, defrost function. No heat mixing function. Auto button would turn everything off. I asked if the computer had to relearn low and high limits readings on fan speed and temp switches and sure enough that was it. Also window auto open on hitting obstruction needs to be relearned. Should now be standard procedure for all battery replacements! Picking it back up next week and crossing town for new clearplex installation after new windshield replacement. It’s fun being first!

Reactions: tpraceman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
This one situation where I don’t mind not being P1!

Reactions: tpraceman