2017 Ford GT Width

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
I have not been able to find the exact width measurements for the new GT but it seems to be relatively wide. If it is as wide as an Adventador
I will have to buy a new trailer with 85" inner fender width. My current trailer is only 80" between inner fenders, does anyone have that information?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Not sure, but the mirror stalks are pretty thin, so you could probably just break them off and it'll fit.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The JimGlo trailer that Ford recently recommended to dealerships wanting to service the GT has a specified fender to fender width of 83".

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Thank you that is what I was afraid of, I will have to dump my current trailer and get a new wider one.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I'd wait to sell until specs are real. If your trailer has a winch (mine does) might fit? My non glamorous steel trailer has 81 between the fender wells.

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
It is really hard to get in there now to tie it down to the E track. If the new car is wider it would be virtually impossible. I needed an excuse for a new trailer anyway.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes it is tough. Nothing wrong with a new trailer. Many newer innovations making things easier.

It is really hard to get in there now to tie it down to the E track. If the new car is wider it would be virtually impossible. I needed an excuse for a new trailer anyway.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
while some wonder if the NGT will fit on their trailer, some wonder it if will fit on their lift :)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have gotten a Raptor on ours, so I'm sure we are good. Fits but BARELY.. front track is 86"

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Remember, installing ramps in the trailer is a good option. For those not wanting to buy a new trailer.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Trying to get the exact width, but it's at least a couple inches wider than the old car. Aventador appears to be wider, which is good, because it's a nightmare to unload those things.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Trying to get the exact width, but it's at least a couple inches wider than the old car. Aventador appears to be wider, which is good, because it's a nightmare to unload those things.

That is positive news that a Vent is wider.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
My lift is exactly 84 inches so it's going to probably be tight

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Ernie,

Mines just right... You can keep it at my house!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Ernie,

Mines just right... You can keep it at my house!

Rent free? Lol