2016 GT350 in IL for $5k over sticker...

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
BIN for $5K over sticker. I have a 2015 coming...or I'd probably jump on this one. I know nothing about the dealership, just thought I'd pass it along for someone looking.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...e87b05fc:g:XiUAAOSwT4lWS5PJ&item=201468872188

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks for sharing that. If you're patient, regular GT350s will be available from northerm dealers for MSRP or less shortly as winter sets in.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Thanks for posting. I think it would be great if everyone would post when they find GT350's on Ebay, dealers lots or ads.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
That dealer is in my back yard. Although I pretty much only buy fords, and have 4 right now, I've never purchased from them. I haven't purchased anything recently though.

Steve

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
When will an "R" be available for "only" $5k over?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
When will an "R" be available for "only" $5k over?

i have already been offered a R at 5k over back when ordering started. It wont be long either. I decided against it tho! I'm gonna wait and find a wrecked one down the road

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Interesting to note that almost all of the GT350s I've seen on Ebay motors & Autotrader do NOT have Trak Pak, but Technology Package, hence no Recaros or oil & transmission coolers, etc.

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Anybody wanna give up a dealer name and number which may have a 2016 R for sale/order? Thanks!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Anybody wanna give up a dealer name and number which may have a 2016 R for sale/order? Thanks!

I have one. Name and number are yours for $5K.

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
...happily if i get it for sticker. PM if serious.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Just kidding, because I thought you were kidding. I think there are more people on this forum who would buy an R for sticker than there are (or will be anytime soon) stickers available.

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
You're absolutely correct :)...doesn't hurt to make sure. Can't wait to drive that car, really has turned that vertical on it's ear!

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
So what is a "good" price for a GT350R order right now? I'm assuming they are near impossible to find at MSRP...

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
So what is a "good" price for a GT350R order right now? I'm assuming they are near impossible to find at MSRP...

Here's how you may be able to get one. Become a Ford franchised dealer. Get in the queue for allocations. If you get an allocation, keep it for yourself.

Right now, you may be better off putting in an order for a unicorn.

Last edited:

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Does that mean it's a car worth paying $10k over msrp for? I have a dealer friend who has an allocation for one that he is willing to let me order, but that's the lowest he can go. Gives me invoice on everything else.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
With friends like that... :lol

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
FGT899 - wait like me. In a year or so they will be at MSRP or less. Then your dealer friend will be more friendly.

Ed

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks for sharing that. If you're patient, regular GT350s will be available from northerm dealers for MSRP or less shortly as winter sets in.

I am with Paul and Ed on this. Just wait and the prices will decline as production numbers increase.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I am with Paul and Ed on this. Just wait and the prices will decline as production numbers increase.

I hope so, but FGT899 wants an R.

Following all the rumors, which are all we have at the moment, I don't know if there ever will be enough Rs to come anywhere close to meeting demand.

I don't understand the marketing logic. Perhaps the 350R (and to a lesser extent the 350) is intended to be a lower tier halo car, the real value of which is to enhance sales of Mustangs, and provide a homologation base for racing. Supply chain constraints? Lower margins on the 350s than on Mustangs? They couldn't make too many Mustangs either if all the engines had to be hand-assembled by teams of two.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I think the constraint on the R might be the wheels, seems to me most of the other parts should be available. If big blue could pump more out they would.