2013 GT500 base price $54,200, online configurator is here!

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
People should be pretty happy with that price. The base 2013 will easily outperform the 2012 with the performance package, and it costs about the same.

Circa 2005 - "The horsepower wars will be over shortly! No way can this continue!"

7 years later there's a 200 mph Mustang that will run mid 11's for $55k. Ridiculous. Can't wait to get one.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
If anyone knows how i can get my dealer to be allotted one and a boss as well. please PM me. Fred Grande Ford Michigan.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Built a few already...

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
When will orders start being accepted?

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Does anyone know why the SVT Track Package w/coolers is not available on the convertible?

Is there a physical reason that effects fitment or a policy type reason?

I know the SVT Perforamance Package wasn't available on the 2012 Shelby convertible at first, but then they allowed it mid-year.

Just wondering if it the coolers could be added at the dealership.

Jeff

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
When will orders start being accepted?
Hey Sanjay! Larry picked his up on Friday. Black with red, beautiful. I think he trolled around a little a found one pretty locally for barely over list. Sounded like a bargain to me.......wonder if they'll take a Range Rover in part exchange?!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Does anyone know why the SVT Track Package w/coolers is not available on the convertible? Is there a physical reason that effects fitment or a policy type reason? I know the SVT Perforamance Package wasn't available on the 2012 Shelby convertible at first, but then they allowed it mid-year. Just wondering if it the coolers could be added at the dealership.

Jeff

The coolers are for hard core track use. I doubt more than a few will push a convertible hard enough on a track with sufficient frequency to warrant them. They are not useful on the street, or the 1/4 mile for that matter. Additionally, I would venture to guess Ford doesn't want to promote the use of a convertible on the track due to its relative lack of roll over protection.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
The coolers are for hard core track use. I doubt more than a few will push a convertible hard enough on a track with sufficient frequency to warrant them. They are not useful on the street, or the 1/4 mile for that matter. Additionally, I would venture to guess Ford doesn't want to promote the use of a convertible on the track due to its relative lack of roll over protection.

So if it is more of a policy issue, it is physically possible?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Has anyone installed a roll bar on a late model Shelby convertible? The originals look way cool with them and I imagine they would help quite a bit in a roll over.

http://www.americandreamcars.com/1967shelbygt500cnvt011308.jpg

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/500/medium/gt500_drivers_front.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
CDC has the light bar, but don't think do much in a roll over, don't think any single hoop with out triangulation would do much.

http://shop.classicdesignconcepts.com/mustang-classic-lightbar-2005-12

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Steve,

The original roll bars don't offer any real protection. Certainly not something you would rely on to save your spine from doing an accordion impression. They make similar ones for the new cars but they are cosmetic pieces only. Fully functional roll bars are made for the new cars but they wouldn't look good on a daily driver.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/te...ports_suspension_system_upgrade/photo_15.html

Grey Ghost-I don't know if it is physically possible to install the parts. Dave probably knows. I would guess yes since the 'verts are typically the same, save some extra under car bracing.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
CDC has the light bar, but don't think do much in a roll over, don't think any single hoop with out triangulation would do much.

That is why lawyers invented the term "light bar". It is lawyer-speak for "you can't sue us if your head gets squashed like a grape". :lol

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Saw this as well and equally sceptical as to how much it would help.....kinda cool in a retro sort of way.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Does anyone know why the SVT Track Package w/coolers is not available on the convertible?

Is there a physical reason that effects fitment or a policy type reason?

I know the SVT Perforamance Package wasn't available on the 2012 Shelby convertible at first, but then they allowed it mid-year.

Just wondering if it the coolers could be added at the dealership.

Jeff

Sorry jeff I know you were waiting for an answer on this. Beyond just being a policy thing, the routings on the convertible are physically different so the same track pack components for the coupe will not work.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Sorry jeff I know you were waiting for an answer on this. Beyond just being a policy thing, the routings on the convertible are physically different so the same track pack components for the coupe will not work.

No biggie Dave.

I was thinking with the frame and brace differences most convertibles have, that might be an issue as well, just wanted to confirm it.

Just have to "take it easy on her" .........:biggrin

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
<<Larry picked his up on Friday. Black with red, beautiful. I think he trolled around a little a found one pretty locally for barely over list>>

I have looked high and low in California and can't seem to find one for sale at a semi-reasonable price- they are asking $30K over sticker!!

are there any for sale for sticker price or thereabouts somewhere??

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I played around with the Tabulator....Odd that you cannot have heated seats or the silver 5 point star wheels if you get the track package. :confused

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Other than the FGT, I've been a foreign car guy forever. Germans for sport, Japanese for mobility appliances. So I am shocked that I am falling in love with the Boss Mustang 302 with the Laguna Seca (or something) package. What is happening to me? Do I have to get rid of my Porsche? Damn these Ford guys are on a roll.
V