2013 GT500 base price $54,200, online configurator is here!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
<<Larry picked his up on Friday. Black with red, beautiful. I think he trolled around a little a found one pretty locally for barely over list>>

I have looked high and low in California and can't seem to find one for sale at a semi-reasonable price- they are asking $30K over sticker!!

are there any for sale for sticker price or thereabouts somewhere??

One of the dealers here in the KC area has a black convertible that someone ordered and then backed out.
I believe they are asking sticker on it.

Jeff

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I was considering 2013 Boss LS. Seems that the dealers are becoming more reasonable with pricing. I suspect because of the new GT 500 is coming and probably buyers are now headed that way including myself. Not sure about long term collectability of the Boss since Ford will come out with another version I am sure. Also rumor has it the next version (2014?) will have a new a significantly updated suspension (I suspect to compete with the camaro whose sales have past the Mustang). Any comments on waiting for the 2014s?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
'15 will be the new car. '14 if any changes, will be minor.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The next gen Mustang is going to be an awesome car, but it's going to be very different from the current car. If you're a fan of the current GT500, buy it. It's also the last car Carroll himself was around for, so that's probably an added bonus for some customers.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
A Carroll's memorial service in LA Mark Fields told me the 2013 Mustang GT 500 is the last Mustang that Carroll was involved in and he actually went to testing in a wheelchair, got out of the chair and drove it while making suggestions as to its performance and handling. He was hospitalized within a short time afterwards and was never able to work on the project again. His suggestions were part of the final product. This to me makes a big difference in the 2013 Shelby GT500. There willl be future Shelby GT's but not any with his hands on. Mark said " He was so proud of the finish product, it met all his expectations, HP, and top speed". I think Dave your right on.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Possibly true. However tha same was said about late 80s Ferraris at the time of Enzo's death. However they only have gotten better. If the new mustang continues to improve not sure it will make a difference unless they they stop making Shelby versions entirely.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
If you are waiting for the "best" car, you are also in line waiting for the best computer, there will always be better next year, and you will never buy anything. 2007-2014 GT500's I dont think will ever have crazy value, there are just too many of them. Maybe a KR? Maybe supersnakes, but the $ that it took / takes to buy one is NUTS. I look at my 08 500 as just a car. doubt it will ever be worth what I paid for it, even though in 20 years, it will probably have less than 15k miles, and never seen rain. For another example, seen what 95 and 00 Cobra R's sell for these days, and there were only 550 TOTAL of them combined, and how many thousands 500's??

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
If you are waiting for the "best" car, you are also in line waiting for the best computer, there will always be better next year, and you will never buy anything. 2007-2014 GT500's I dont think will ever have crazy value, there are just too many of them. Maybe a KR? Maybe supersnakes, but the $ that it took / takes to buy one is NUTS. I look at my 08 500 as just a car. doubt it will ever be worth what I paid for it, even though in 20 years, it will probably have less than 15k miles, and never seen rain. For another example, seen what 95 and 00 Cobra R's sell for these days, and there were only 550 TOTAL of them combined, and how many thousands 500's??

Worked for a very well to-do guy who also collected investment grade automobiles -- he has a pretty solid track record all around. When I asked him 'how do you know what to buy', he replied, "You never really know for sure. Buy what you like and enjoy driving it. If it goes up in value, so much the better."

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
My Deep Impact Blue stripe delete '13 will be here next week....can't wait!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't think the Carroll association will make the value of a relatively high production car go up much, but it certainly can't hurt, and it's worth something to some buyers that can't be put in monetary terms. Otherwise, cars are just getting a lot more sophisticated, and you can pretty well count on the 13/14 GT500 being the last of the "blunt force trauma" performance models. There is a 0.0% chance that you'll see Ford releasing a 750 hp Mustang to succeed the GT500 in 2016. Launch control, a more sophisticated suspension, wider tires, etc will make it possible to have the next gen car perform like the current car does without having to do it with overwhelming power.

But hey, I like overwhelming horsepower, so I'm not complaining for now.