2006 Tungsten Ford GT - modifying

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Following your posts very closely. Love those valve covers and waiting for more.... :)

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Following your posts very closely. Love those valve covers and waiting for more.... :)

I fell in love with these valve covers. They are big and meaty! Plus I have always loved the HEMI look. :banana

I sent a coil to Quality Wires so they could determine the exact type of boot to install on a custom set of wires for me.

My plan is to powder coat the valve covers the same color as the OEM pieces. I will be taking the valve covers to a machine shop tomorrow.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Always wondered what people up North did during the long, cold winter!

What a project!! Love it!!

Great pictures too. A real education form those who haven't gotten into the car to the extent you have. Should prove very helpful to many members. Thanks for sharing.

I noticed a jack stand in one picture. I am still trying to understand the rules of where to put, or, more importantly, where not to put jack stands under the GT. I am doing some routine work on mine to check things over before committing to any track time this season, and I need to get it off the ground next week. You could help me a lot by telling me where to put the stands.

Thanks for your help, and good luck with your project, and keep the details coming. It's great!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Jay,

wow, it's looking GREAT!!! And the detail in your posts with all the pictures is a real treat. Makes me feel like I'm right there doing it with you!! Can't wait to see your dyno numbers when it's here this summer. Heck, can't wait to actually see the car and what looks to be a fantastic engine bay!!!

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Always wondered what people up North did during the long, cold winter!

What a project!! Love it!!

Great pictures too. A real education form those who haven't gotten into the car to the extent you have. Should prove very helpful to many members. Thanks for sharing.

I noticed a jack stand in one picture. I am still trying to understand the rules of where to put, or, more importantly, where not to put jack stands under the GT. I am doing some routine work on mine to check things over before committing to any track time this season, and I need to get it off the ground next week. You could help me a lot by telling me where to put the stands.

Thanks for your help, and good luck with your project, and keep the details coming. It's great!

Thanks for the comments :cheers

I will post some pictures to show exactly where I located the jack stands. I will also show how I jacked the car up so I could get my floor jacks under the car.

Canadians have a lot of time to tinker during the looooong winter season. We still have snow on the ground and will be lucky to drive our cars by May. :ack

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Jay,

wow, it's looking GREAT!!! And the detail in your posts with all the pictures is a real treat. Makes me feel like I'm right there doing it with you!! Can't wait to see your dyno numbers when it's here this summer. Heck, can't wait to actually see the car and what looks to be a fantastic engine bay!!!

Thanks my friend :thumbsup I look forward to meeting up with you this summer in Edmonton. :cheers

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Really nice work.

:thumbsup

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Looks good! Im looking forward to dyno numbers with the ported blower. I was always curious about doing that but never saw any results posted on here

GT4evr

Jun 20, 2007
i noticed you have the mcintosh stereo and you live in canada, you did you manage that? because you arent allowed to register a american GT in canada, correct me if im wrong

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Really nice work.

:thumbsup

Thanks Waxer :cheers

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Looks good! Im looking forward to dyno numbers with the ported blower. I was always curious about doing that but never saw any results posted on here

Dyno Bob at Stiegemeier suggests that I will gain more horsepower but exactly how much is to be determined. Bob has ported a couple twin screw superchargers for GT's but none of these customers have reported back to him with the HP/TQ numbers.

I will also be installing a smaller pulley on the supercharger. So this alone will increase the HP/TQ.

Any way, I will definitely report back to this thread with the HP/TQ numbers after I Dyno the car. But that won't be until later this summer.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
i noticed you have the mcintosh stereo and you live in canada, you did you manage that? because you arent allowed to register a american GT in canada, correct me if im wrong

Rules have changed and now USA cars can travel north:biggrin

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada

Canada changed the bumper laws in the summer of 2008 therefore allowing the GT to be imported.

GT4evr

Jun 20, 2007
Rules have changed and now USA cars can travel north:biggrin
alright thanks for the info bony

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
alright thanks for the info bony

But until the Canabuck climbs a bit, the Canada cars are actually a bit cheaper for us than the US ones. Jay bought his at the perfect confluence of time for dollar values and bumper harmonizations. We should all be so lucky.......

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The Forex issue of course comes into play. Obviously availability and with any previously owned machine the actual condition. Don't want to hijack a great build thread... :)

Want to see those new valve covers yesterday!! :=)

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
I am planning to mount the coil brackets between the air inlet sleeve and the shock tower on either side (brackets shown in pictures below). However that may change once I have the engine bay reinforcing brakets reinstalled.

32748250085_large.jpg

32748250086_large.jpg

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Here is what the coil-on-plug looks like after the rubber boot has been removed.

32748250090_large.jpg

32748250088_large.jpg

32748250089_large.jpg

32748250087_large.jpg

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Here are pics where I placed the jack stands. YIKES!!! I have to clean my floor :willy

32748250091_large.jpg

32748250092_large.jpg

32748250093_large.jpg

32748250094_large.jpg

Last edited:

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Great photos! THANKS!

I guess suspension points are a no-no.

Hope to get my car up in the air today, and the photos will really help.

( Don't worry about the floor. )