2006 Ford GT - Black @ Phillips Auto

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Hello All,

First post on the forum. As a matter of fact first post on any forum. If I am in the wrong section please let me know.

I have been interested in a Ford GT for some time and now finally have the means to purchase one. :banana

Wondering if anyone knows about this particular car and/or the dealership. Good? Bad? or otherwise is appreciated.

http://www.phillipsauto.com/inventory/1-13l1280618933/Ford_GT_Black_2006#request-info

Thank you.

PS. I have really enjoyed this forum, and look forward to moving from "spectator" soon!!!

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
She sure looks good in the pictures. I bet your loosing sleep thinking about it, I did when i found mine. My 2 cents worth is, Have it checked over by someone knowledgeable on Ford Gt's VERY closely. Good luck on your quest.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Ditto. Pay for a detailed ppi

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
As jaxgt & Lorenzo have already said - be sure to have AN EXPERT inspect the car before you jump. A clear CarFax and $4.50 will get you a Starbucks darn near anywhere. There are several experts here on The 'Forum...but, the distance involved may be a challenge. Shadowman is probably the closest. He's in NorCal. Regardless, flying one of these people up there COULD save you a lot more than the money doing that will cost.:willy:willy:willy

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
That car is pretty close to us in SOUTHERN California. If you get serious about it, let us know and we can do a PPI. We might know a thing or two about GTs.

Hans

Jul 16, 2008
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Hey, Nice to see another canadian on the forum! Good luck with finding/buying a car

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That car is pretty close to us in SOUTHERN California. If you get serious about it, let us know and we can do a PPI. We might know a thing or two about GTs.

Ooooooooooh, my bad. I didn't look at the WHOLE AD or the dealer info - just the CAR. 'Just assumed the car was up in Canada 'cause '74 is, hence the stmt, "...the distance involved may be a challenge."

I will now give myself a thorough tongue lashing for having made that unforgivable transgression. 'Might even banish myself for a week.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
If you are serious about this car you can't go wrong with having nota4re take a look at it for you, take him up on his offer.:thumbsup

futuregt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2005
Agree with Not4n.... Have Kendall ( nota4re ) look at it !

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Hello All,

First post on the forum. As a matter of fact first post on any forum. If I am in the wrong section please let me know.

I have been interested in a Ford GT for some time and now finally have the means to purchase one. :banana

Wondering if anyone knows about this particular car and/or the dealership. Good? Bad? or otherwise is appreciated.

http://www.phillipsauto.com/inventory/1-13l1280618933/Ford_GT_Black_2006#request-info

Thank you.

PS. I have really enjoyed this forum, and look forward to moving from "spectator" soon!!!

You've come to the right place. No one has worked on my FGT except Kendall and his son, Ryan. And I live 2,500 miles and an ocean away. In fact, Kendall not only performed the PPI on my car, he picked it up and performed an arm's length of mods before I ever laid my hands on it. Ryan & Kendall have not stopped modding the car since. A stronger, unconditional endorsement can not be made.

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks for all the great responses. Its great to see some Canadian ones as well!! Good to know there are a few GTs up here. Unfortunately they only get used 4 months of the year, unless you trailer to warmer climates in the winter I guess. I will get in contact with someone do to a proper PPI. Looks like the closest one would be Kendall, making them the most sense.

Any and all information is appreciated.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
$20,000 or so below market raises concerns!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey Colton, wow, EDMONTON!!! Small world. We use em a LOT more than 4 months!!! Well, not a LOT more, but we gets our time in!!! There's a group of 7 of us with GT's here in Edmonton, plus a smattering of others with GT's that never bring them out over here, and a whole TON more in Calgary. Not many compared to California, but nice for our little city. :) Plus we hang with a great group of 911TTs, F-cars and Lambos. Gimme a shout, we're a pretty great group of guys if I do say so myself.

I fully second calling up Kendall (Nota4re). He did a BUNCH of work on our cars when we went to California a few years ago. Great guy, really knowledgeable and you'll get it done right. Good luck with your hunt. I only know of one black no stripe in Alberta. Looks so hot. You'd have a pretty rare car if you got that one.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Ditto on the remarks for using Kendall to check out the car. He just finished my TT and I could not be happier.

It does seem a little low priced for the color from a dealer, even with 11K miles. Good luck with your search. :cheers

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Maybe black GTs are not worth as much as we have been lead to believe............................maybe the world has turned upside down!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
$140k is about right on an 11k mile car. We have a solid Black, 06 stripe delete with 26k that we are only asking $129k on. These cars are mile sensitive gentleman......

H

HHGT

Kendall is your man.

Bobby_P

Jan 24, 2007
Tucson, AZ
PPI or not, this is enough to scare me away from this dealership:

"Exotic car & SUV rentals available"

http://www.phillipsauto.com/dealership-info

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta

Ouch, good find, I read the site, however maybe not close enough. I guess this may push me another way.

Thanks for that it will require more dillegence than usual I guess.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Ouch, good find, I read the site, however maybe not close enough. I guess this may push me another way.

Thanks for that it will require more dillegence than usual I guess.

Or, perhaps, if Kendall determines that the condition is acceptable - a negotiating point ?