2005-06 bumper delete... not necessary?

CmdrDCM

Oct 1, 2022
Duluth MN
I have been considering the rear bumper delete on my 2006 GT. I know the consensus is that the car looks better with the rear bumper gone. I have had trouble finding a delete kit but that has given me time to consider if I really need to do this. I know the designers didn't want the bumper in the first place but the more I look at it, the less offensive I find it. Am I the only one who thinks maybe, just maybe, the rear bumper delete is unnecessary?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Totally, you can keep the car as you see fit. LOTS of cars with out it (full disclosure I have one, but I did it a LONG time ago)

Reactions: CmdrDCM

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I'm quite happy with my bumper "complete".

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I like the look of the bumper delete but didn't object to it being there.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I like the bumper look better and I mod my car alot

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I prefer the look without the bumper, but I think Ford GT’s still look stunning with them, and there are plenty of compelling arguments to keep the bumper (hassle, expense, originality, impact safety, insurance claim denial concerns, etc). If you are on the fence, it is a total no-brainer: leave it alone.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I definitely like it both ways, but whenever I see mine and give any thought to the bumper I actually feel like it kinda completes the rear. I think bumper delete looks more like a race car, and with the bumper a street car ... just depends on which ya prefer (y)

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Your car...............your choice!
I prefer no bumper.
Best,
Mark

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
If you're keeping the car, I'd delete. If you plan to sell, keep it. That helped me make my decision.

Reactions: 2112

CmdrDCM

Oct 1, 2022
Duluth MN
If you're keeping the car, I'd delete. If you plan to sell, keep it. That helped me make my decision.
Makes sense to me.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
If you are vacillating back and forth, it is not worth the money or hassle to change out. If you really thought it looked great w/o then go for it.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Only do it if you can get the version that doesn't require cutting the supports, or buy some new ones to cut. Otherwise you can't restore to stock.

Reactions: Empty Pockets

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
As mentioned, If done right, it’s reversible.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I’m looking for a chromed “step bumper” (like on old pickup trucks) to fit my GT, so I can add a trailer ball and tow an RV. Does anyone have one for sale?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Pete, talk to Sound Waves. He has a trailer for luggage.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
The bumper saved a friends GT, when a sweet old lady, had the sun in her eyes and didn't see the red light or the GT sitting at the red light.... and ran into the back of it at 30-35 mph....

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Frank, maybe I was being too subtle. I was thinking of a chrome Step Bumper, like from the 1980's.

Just joking! ;)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
It’s all a matter of preference whatever you like. Nothing could take away from the stunning looks of it with or without.

Attachments

• 9AAB1131-5DDC-4004-9A17-B3A8E106FC6A.jpeg
    9AAB1131-5DDC-4004-9A17-B3A8E106FC6A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: 2112