ma.
Get one while the getting is good!

Reactions: GT Tech and Johntpr

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Get one while the getting is good!
So true Ron. When these 500 are gone, there will be no more.

Reactions: roketman

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
So true Ron. When these 500 are gone, there will be no more.

Why would this be true? There would probably be ongoing demand.

Also, does this use an upgraded material to prevent it in the future?

Last edited:

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Sent $307 to your PayPal address and added shipping info to the notes section...
Thanks Stuart

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Why would this be true? There would probably be ongoing demand.

Also, does this use an upgraded material to prevent it in the future?
The reason we will not make any more is a business decision. We think there may be 3000+ Gts still around that would need the hoses eventually, but It may take us years to sell the first 500. Not a very smart business move for us to sit on tens of thousands of dollars worth of inventory for years. Of course if you are interested in buying our supply, we could work something out on our remaining 450.

As to the material, it meets OEM standards. This is really the only hose on the car that is having this issue. Every other hose is the same age but are not having the problem. We think there was an issue with the particular vendor of that part but we will never know for sure.

Reactions: Johntpr

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Sent $307 to your PayPal address and added shipping info to the notes section...
Thanks Stuart
Thanks Stuart. I'll get it out Monday morning.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
If you buy one to store for futu use, is there a best way to store it?

assuming keeping it out of the sun would be the #1 priorit.

Reactions: Shark01

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
The reason we will not make any more is a business decision. We think there may be 3000+ Gts still around that would need the hoses eventually, but It may take us years to sell the first 500. Not a very smart business move for us to sit on tens of thousands of dollars worth of inventory for years. Of course if you are interested in buying our supply, we could work something out on our remaining 450.

As to the material, it meets OEM standards. This is really the only hose on the car that is having this issue. Every other hose is the same age but are not having the problem. We think there was an issue with the particular vendor of that part but we will never know for sure.

Yes, I understand you want to keep inventory manageable.....are they that difficult to fabricate that they cannot be manufactured in smaller lots in the future? Just would not like to see more good aftermarket solutions turn into un-obtainium over time.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
If you buy one to store for futu use, is there a best way to store it?

assuming keeping it out of the sun would be the #1 priorit.
I would just leave it in the plastic bag, out of the sun and high heat. It should last as long as any other OEM quality hoses would.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Yes, I understand you want to keep inventory manageable.....are they that difficult to fabricate that they cannot be manufactured in smaller lots in the future? Just would not like to see more good aftermarket solutions turn into un-obtainium over time.
We wanted to start off with a smaller run, but our supplier would not do any less, and they kind of grumbled about that.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Rich, payment just sent.

Off topic, Gina said to tell Evelyn hi and she missed getting to visit with her at the rally this year.
First one missed since we started attending. Hopefully back on track next year.

Jeff

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Rich, payment just sent.

Off topic, Gina said to tell Evelyn hi and she missed getting to visit with her at the rally this year.
First one missed since we started attending. Hopefully back on track next year.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. Hose will go out tomorrow. Evelyn really misses her GT friends. She just didn't feel up to it this time. After seeing all the pictures, she said she is going next year for sure. Are you going to make it to B-J in Scottsdale in January? Have a Merry Christmas. Stay Safe.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Thanks Jeff. Hose will go out tomorrow. Evelyn really misses her GT friends. She just didn't feel up to it this time. After seeing all the pictures, she said she is going next year for sure. Are you going to make it to B-J in Scottsdale in January? Have a Merry Christmas. Stay Safe.

Rich, received the hose. Thanks for the quick service and taking on the project in the first place.
Won't be making BJ.
Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
While my car was with Rich Brooks, he changed the PS hose. Sent back old one which looked like crap.

Cheap Insurance

Reactions: GT Tech

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
While my car was with Rich Brooks, he changed the PS hose. Sent back old one which looked like crap.

Cheap Insurance
All 05/06 GTs will need them eventually. And the only place they are available is from Rich Brooks or me. All the smart people are getting them before they are all gone.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
We wanted to start off with a smaller run, but our supplier would not do any less, and they kind of grumbled about that.

I hope this works out so well for you and Rich B that you guys venture into other no-longer-made parts 🍻 (y)

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Anyone with an 05/06 GT should get one of these while they can

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Paypal and email sent!

Reactions: GT Tech

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I’d highly recommend picking up a power steering hose, even if it looks ok for now. Rich changed mine out today and at just under 9k miles, mine was weeping and was swelled up like it was ready to fail sooner than later. Thanks to both Rich’s for providing a solution for this fix! 6F9BCC7C-B611-45E1-B609-90FA685759E1.jpeg

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
just had Rich Brooks the GT Guy change mine and agree

*** damn it - just noticed I already posted here and can't delete, oh well