Customer Satisfaction Program 07B49

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM 07B49
AWARENESS COMMUNICATION - All 2005 and 2006 Ford GT Vehicles - Output Shaft Flange Bolt and Washer Replacement
INFORMATION ONLY - Upcoming Field Service Action

And the full text:

Reason for this communication
To inform you that Ford Motor Company will be launching a customer satisfaction program in December of 2007. Updated parts are not currently available to complete this repair. Once parts are available, a full dealer bulletin will be posted on FMCDealer.com. You may receive questions from customers about this customer satisfaction program. This notice will help you answer customer questions.

Reason for this Customer Satisfaction Program
In some of the affected vehicles, the output shaft flange attachment bolts may fracture, typically when the vehicle is stopped and power is applied, which may result in a lack of drive.

Affected Vehicles
All 2005 and 2006 Ford GT vehicles built at the Wixom Assembly Plant from Job #1 through Job Last.

Service Action
It is anticipated that the complete dealer bulletin announcing this upcoming action will be provided to dealers in December 2007, once updated parts to repair this condition are available. In the meantime, dealers can service affected vehicles that experience fractured output shaft flange attachment bolts by following Special Service Message (SSM) 19561

Customer Notification
Owners of affected vehicles will not be notified until after dealers have received service repairs and parts ordering information. It is anticipated that customer notification will begin in December of 2007.

Updated with full message.

:cheers

Letter contents:

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :cheers :cheers :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
but what about my half shaft bolts?
does this mean I get to use Edsel's summer home for the month of July next year? :)

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dave - Thanks for the info & update. :thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Waaaaahhhhooooooo! I knew Jamal would come through :willy :cheers :thumbsup

Thanks Dave!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The replacement part is done, I'm trying to get a picture of it sometime in the next day or two.:cheers

When you say "replacement part" does that mean it's more than just harder bolts? What part is it (or is it a secret)?:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Bolt and washer.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
thanks Dave, now what to do with the accufabs?

Now for the real question.......pull the accufabs in favor of the Ford accufabs???:confused

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm just going to leave my Accufab bolts in. I've never heard of one breaking, so I'm gonna leave well enough alone.

I should have the full text of what dealers are supposed to do and when shortly.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Bony---- What This means is that if you had purchased your GT through me you would have access to my summer home in Nuevo Laredo during the month of July when not being used by Drug Lords. Your friend Tomy

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I agree with Dave, I think my Accufab bolts will likely stay put. But I will certainly take a look at what Ford has to offer.

quick time

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2006
MY Dealer called me today and read the email from Ford to me. From what I remember it said that the parts would be available December and furthur information of obtaining the parts and performing the repair would be coming from Ford to the Dealership. Also it mentioned that owners of the cars would receive a letter from Ford.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Full text is up. So parts should be ready to install next month.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks for posting this Dave. Just think, in another few months we will never have to hear or speak about these bolts again. :thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Great job!!!! one of the very few things that bugged this car and now its going to rest.:thumbsup HEY WILL OUR FORMAT SPEED UP ONCE ALL THE OLD EMAILS ARE DELETED:biggrin GTJOEY 1314 STILL LOVING IT...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
EVERYBODY SHOULD BUY THEIR FORDS FROM A DEALER LIKE TOMY THAT
REPRESENT SO PROUDLY THEIR WARES. PROUD TO KNOW YOU DEAR SIR!:thumbsup

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
but what about my half shaft bolts?
does this mean I get to use Edsel's summer home for the month of July next year? :)

bony, Do you need a car to get there????

1959 Edsel Corsair Convertible.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Rick, hell yes brother, that is one fine set of wheels that I would be super proud to own. :)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
also, nice to see OLD GLORY flying as well.
happy vets day!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Thanks bony,
Happy veterans day to you also, and everyone else on the forum!