The Final Countdown

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Dont forget the production numbers of the "Carbon Series".
Yes but even those have many options to choose making many unique.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Are we just gonna skip to the part where we discuss which ones are most valuable and how they are doing on Bring a Trailer?

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Are we just gonna skip to the part where we discuss which ones are most valuable and how they are doing on Bring a Trailer?
Ok, that’s funny! 😂

Reactions: RPM217

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Who cares?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Well it seems like a good sign that although the 2017 - 2020 model years can now be sold (and maybe some 2021s) ... which might be ~750 cars(?) ... only 41 have been listed on BaT.

Although it looks like only ~5 of 'em had >2k miles. So maybe most of the others are being driven.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
A new member here but long time Ford guy. Just recently took delivery of my new 2022 FORD GT "HERITAGE" CAR on Jan 6th 2023.. WHAT A JOURNEY IT'S BEEN FOR ME. Was at the factory on Dec 6th 2022 to see my car being built.. what a thrill for my wife and I..
go the impression then (Dec 6) that there were not many cars let to finish...
Congratulations...

Reactions: Hootie Kovach

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
So sad to see the program come to the end...

Hootie Kovach

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2023
Eastern Pa.
A VERY long time car guy…and collector of cars….took 5 years to make this happen (the new GT)….and a surprise when it did… thanks.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
Yeah, most of them are.

That's fantastic to hear. Hope the owners will post up some pictures of the colors they each chose. 🙏👍

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I will always cherish this experience and look forward to new ones!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
The home stretch on the GT program is here. I was up at MNV in December with a friend to see his car and things have definitely changed a whole lot from the early days. The volume of people and the number of stations and the layout of the facility all ended up a whole lot different in December 2022 than they were in January of 2017. But it will always be a really special place that did something utterly insane. So many cool people up there. Everyone always calls it a "plant" but MNV always felt more like a giant race shop. Can't believe it's almost over!

I was up again last week and things had already quieted down a bunch. Got to see Pearce and Pardeep and Angus King and Alan Eggly and Tony Benincasa and annoy them for a few more hours. And OF COURSE Terry came with! In general you could just feel that things were different. Seemed like it was down to about 20ish cars to go. Some parts of the build for the final units are already complete and will never be repeated. I saw the final unit and it was well on its way. Over the next ~6 weeks, 7 new GTs will be delivered at Icon, so I'll have a decent amount to post.

One more time!

View attachment 67458
What a wonderful chapter for us all. Thanks DBK

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
To echo DBK's comments, it really did feel different than when we were last there, 5 years ago almost to the day (one day off).
What color is the new one? LM?

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Can’t wait to buy back my 05 sometime in the future! We are all very fortunate to have owned/own these truly special cars.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Sorry for the hijack BUT every time I see this subject line I think of the 1980's movie:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm a day late here, but 6 years ago yesterday the first GT delivery took place. There are a handful of deliveries remaining, but I expect the last car to be out by probably 3/15.

The Day Before. A bit different back then.

IMG_3361.JPG

In preparation in Allen Park (Garen and Craig Metros)

IMG_3399.JPG

It was so early on, the Big Orange Trucks were not yet in operation. Was the truck from Roush pretty? No, but these are the kinds of things you look back on and think, ha, what a crazy time to be involved with everything. There was definitely some heart attacks with that unloading angle.

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG

Arrived

IMG_3467.JPG

The first time anyone had seen a privately owned Ford GT in the wild a few days later.

IMG_3491.JPG

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What, no current shot of the garage Mahal and its residents? Quit holding out.

Reactions: THamonGT

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Who cares?
Insurance Policies.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I'm a day late here, but 6 years ago yesterday the first GT delivery took place. There are a handful of deliveries remaining, but I expect the last car to be out by probably 3/15.

The Day Before. A bit different back then.

img_3361-jpg.67593
Maybe I should already know, but what facility is this?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ford GT Forum HQ. Icon.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What, no current shot of the garage Mahal and its residents? Quit holding out.

13 here. 14 now. 16 next week. 19 first week of March. 20 by mid march. Crazy.

now-jpg.67465