Freeze Date for my 2022 Build is coming up! MUST HAVE OPTIONS?

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
Any recommendations ?

Reactions: JWZ

Durward1

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2011
South Dakota
Any recommendations ?
The car cover with the embossed VIN#
Alcantara seats and steering wheel

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Race belt harness mounting hardware. If this is not ordered it cannot be added at a later time. Carbon fiber wheels. The studs are longer for the thicker wheel hubs. You can put aluminum wheels on the longer studs but you cannot put carbon fiber wheels on the shorter studs. I personally preferred the leather steering wheel over alcantera , but may not be an option with whatever you order. The rest are personal preference (shiney or dull carbon fiber, stripe, etc). Of course color palette is the big decision.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We did not get the TI lugs, less about cost, but on a black CF wheel, prefer the black lug nuts.

Upgraded interior, to get a better look, and CF sills that can be wrapped with PPF, vs base that is fabric and can scuff up easily.

Painted calipers, is a nice way to tie in an interior color (in our case blue), or stripes if applicable (OTT or accent)

PTS, we wanted something "different", as we did not make the cut for the 1st 66 heritage (did not want the red heritage)

Exterior exposed CF, to us is a much better look and expressive of the extensive use of CF in the car.

CF wheels, duh, look at them.

So for us, basically all of them, minus over the top stripes, TI exhaust (now standard) and lug nuts (yes, got the cover and harness bars).

In hindsight, nothing we would do differently.

Reactions: roketman and JWZ

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Leather wrapped steering wheel is the one thing I should have also ordered.

Reactions: THamonGT and JWZ

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
2022 Ford GT Studio Edition: W. O. W. !!! Now that is a cool check box!!
I’ll second others above: Add Upgraded Leather interior & steering wheel, CF rims, gloss CF everything, TI lugs, Indoor cover, painted calipers, harness lugs- even if you never use them. Looking forward to pix once she arrives! Congratulations!!

Oh, add Jason Hefner’s exhaust as mod #2 after wrapping her!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
what exactly is the studio collection? what kind of graphics is that?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’ll second others above: Add Upgraded Leather interior & steering wheel, CF rims, gloss CF everything, TI lugs, Indoor cover, painted calipers, harness lugs- even if you never use them. Looking forward to pix once she arrives! Congratulations!!

I second Jason Heffner’s exhaust!
It is truly awesome!

LMF427

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2019
California / Florida
My 2¢..

leather steering wheel is a must, unless you want to wear driving gloves all the time I would concerned about wear on the alcantara for the grease and oil on hands

harness brackets because you can’t add them after the fact as they’re built into the tub

any upgraded interior that has Carbon door sills, the alcantara will get beat up over time and ordering carbon sills after the fact is costly

carbon exterior trim for sure. Personally think matte looks nicer and really makes the car look planted to the ground. Gloss cf wheels on matte trim looks very good too.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
YES, I forgot about the leather steering wheel (its been 4 years this month that we got our car....)

Reactions: Johntpr

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I feel the Ti OEM exhaust sounds very nice.

Ed

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
The car cover with the embossed VIN#
Alcantara seats and steering wheel
Leather wrapped steering wheel is the one thing I should have also ordered.

Why the leather? Is there a durability issue with the standard steering wheel?

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
My 2¢..

leather steering wheel is a must, unless you want to wear driving gloves all the time I would concerned about wear on the alcantara for the grease and oil on hands

harness brackets because you can’t add them after the fact as they’re built into the tub

any upgraded interior that has Carbon door sills, the alcantara will get beat up over time and ordering carbon sills after the fact is costly

carbon exterior trim for sure. Personally think matte looks nicer and really makes the car look planted to the ground. Gloss cf wheels on matte trim looks very good too.

You are correct on the matte carbon fiber makes it look better for some odd reason. I didn't realize this until I saw one in person. The gloss carbon fiber wheels with the matte is what I actually asked about today and they told me it may not be possible to do this combo. Have you seen on with this combination?

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
Any suggestions on titanium tow hook or can this be sourced with aftermarket?

LMF427

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2019
California / Florida
You are correct on the matte carbon fiber makes it look better for some odd reason. I didn't realize this until I saw one in person. The gloss carbon fiber wheels with the matte is what I actually asked about today and they told me it may not be possible to do this combo. Have you seen on with this combination?
I’ve seen it before, most notably a liquid red car without stripes, gloss cf wheels with matte cf trim. Not sure why it wouldn’t possible unless it’s a like carbon series or signature? But I don’t think that would change anything

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago

Love the first line on before your garage inventory list. Seem like a lot of guys recommending the leather steering wheel.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Why the leather? Is there a durability issue with the standard steering wheel?
My hands sweat more with the alcantera.

Reactions: Triheart7

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Personally I love the Alcântara. The trick is just to wear leather gloves when you drive,whether it’s a leather wheel or Alcântara.
Autodromo makes absolutely the best driving gloves in the world! They are so good I have a pair of them and every car

Reactions: RPM217

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I think leather steering wheel is a must IMHO.

Agree with Rocketman, Autodromo makes great gloves

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
Personally I love the Alcântara. The trick is just to wear leather gloves when you drive,whether it’s a leather wheel or Alcântara.
Autodromo makes absolutely the best driving gloves in the world! They are so good I have a pair of them and every car

Going with the Alcantara since I will be going with standard interior. Thanks for the input!