Used Parts Vendors

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
My car needs an intercooler....new is $2,160. Any breakers or used part vendors working GTs?

Thanks

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
What intercooler component do you need? The intercooler sits underneath the intake manifold, then there's the intercooler radiator up front next to the engine coolant radiator and finally there's the pump up in the front bonnet area.

I have a new OEM intercooler (for underneath the intake) around here somewhere....

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
PM sent.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
It's the one next to the radiator. Man, great response from everyone!

It's the one next to the radiator. Man, great response from everyone!

Why do you need an intercooler? What happened?

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Why do you need an intercooler? What happened?

There was some minor damage from a curb bump over a decade ago, and over time it degraded to the point where I want to replace it, kind of a better safe than sorry thing.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
So I found an inter cooler, but still interested in building a spreadsheet with resources for used parts.....would appreciate any contacts you have.

Thanks

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Will be a very short spreadsheet. Basically almost none. Waaaay back, X-2 collision ran through a lot of them. But then values went up up up, to the point, where just about every car was cost effective to fix, vs part out. Or there was truly nothing left.

Also FWIW, I could be wrong, but seems as thought there are just flat out less crashes than there used to be.

Be thankful, that Ford has continued to do their best to continue to supply parts for these cars.

Reactions: GKW05GT and 2112
Will be a very short spreadsheet. Basically almost none. Waaaay back, X-2 collision ran through a lot of them. But then values went up up up, to the point, where just about every car was cost effective to fix, vs part out. Or there was truly nothing left.

Also FWIW, I could be wrong, but seems as thought there are just flat out less crashes than there used to be.

Be thankful, that Ford has continued to do their best to continue to supply parts for these cars.

What would be more helpful would be a spreadsheet showing crossover parts, that is, parts that were used on other vehicles too. They are often much less expensive than "GT" parts and sometimes much easier to get.

Reactions: 2112

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
What would be more helpful would be a spreadsheet showing crossover parts, that is, parts that were used on other vehicles too. They are often much less expensive than "GT" parts and sometimes much easier to get.

Very very small amount of x over parts and the ones that do are not parts that wear out or break. I would say there are less than 10 parts that are interchangeable on any other ford vehicle to the 05 GT

Very very small amount of x over parts and the ones that do are not parts that wear out or break. I would say there are less than 10 parts that are interchangeable on any other ford vehicle to the 05 GT

It's true that there aren't huge numbers of them. However, since someone else suggested years ago doing this, I have been keeping a running list. So far it's almost a full page and includes 26 items. I haven't bothered to post them because there was little interest in cooperating to create such a list.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I think posting it would help, as we have a whole new group of owners (like me) with probably a different set of motivations.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
It's true that there aren't huge numbers of them. However, since someone else suggested years ago doing this, I have been keeping a running list. So far it's almost a full page and includes 26 items. I haven't bothered to post them because there was little interest in cooperating to create such a list.
Rich Brooks would know more than most anyone.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

Andy has any part you could possibly need!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Should we start with the Ford Focus remote key fob on the spreadsheet? ;)

Actually, similar to my Ford Interceptor key fob, although the premium plus category GT has an extra button.

FordInterceptor-1257.jpg

Reactions: HPGT

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah

Actually, similar to my Ford Interceptor key fob, although the premium plus category GT has an extra button.

View attachment 59796
I keep trying but mine wont open the clamshell by pressing the button. lol

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I think posting it would help, as we have a whole new group of owners (like me) with probably a different set of motivations.
Side front marker lights are from LandRover:

Land Rover part numbers are:
XGC000060 and XGC000070

Reactions: HPGT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Are you not holding the button down for 5 seconds? :ROFLMAO:

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah

View attachment 59796
My FOB has a pic of the whole car on it, not just the rear.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

I agree that posting it would help. I suggest a new sticky thread. As these cars continue to age (I’ve had mine for 14 years now!), the ‘05-‘06 Forum topics will center more and more on parts, repairs, restoration, etc.