Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats Jason, great job on the new exhaust

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Sounds great ! No surprise though! Going down the rabbit hole again!
Help I cant find my way out!

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Thank you guys for the congratulations. It has been a great experience working with the guys at Multimatic on this project. It's hard to wipe the smile off of my face after hearing the sound of this work of art running around a track, knowing that the incredible sound that I'm hearing is coming through an exhaust system that we produced.

Each one of these systems is hand made using high quality CP1 titanium. Each piece of the system is hand prepped and cleaned prior to being welded. To ensure proper fit and alignment we fit each part into a CNC machined fixture that locates all of the critical points of the exhaust system per OEM specifications.

The finished product ends up weighing less than six pounds. As well as producing a noticeable improvement in sound and reducing weight, it also contributes a bit more "raciness" to the look of the car when viewed from the rear.

These systems are built to order and can usually be delivered within two weeks of order confirmation, provided that the material is available. The most recent shipment to Multimatic put a nice dent in the titanium inventory.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
God those look good! I'm so impressed! MSRP? Sorry if I missed it.

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
God those look good! I'm so impressed! MSRP? Sorry if I missed it.

The titanium MKII systems are $5,000. Installation can be performed in less than two hours. You do not need to remove the rear bumper, only the rearmost part of the diffuser.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Also want to say congrats to you for this great achievement. I am on board for this in the near future.
Are these California legal?

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
The titanium MKII systems are $5,000. Installation can be performed in less than two hours. You do not need to remove the rear bumper, only the rearmost part of the diffuser.

Thank you Jason!

Also want to say congrats to you for this great achievement. I am on board for this in the near future.
Are these California legal?

I am also on board for the future. I'm also curious about being CA legal.

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
I am under the impression that it is against California state law to modify the exhaust system in any way on any car. Perhaps a C.A.R.B. approval would make it acceptable but due to the low volume of cars that have and will be produced we have no plans to go through the process.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I am under the impression that it is against California state law to modify the exhaust system in any way on any car. Perhaps a C.A.R.B. approval would make it acceptable but due to the low volume of cars that have and will be produced we have no plans to go through the process.

Thanks again Jason. Yes, that wouldn't surprise me about CA. Definitely not a deterrent for me. I'll be adding this sometime in 2022 once I receive my car regardless of C.A.R.B. approval!

I made 316 S/S tips that will slide in and out locked with a set screw. My objective was to extend 1.75" to prevent the early morning condensate from staining the paint and to add a little sparkle to the GT!

IMG_3697-B.jpg

Reactions: Special K

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
can you post a few more pics please thanks

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I made 316 S/S tips that will slide in and out locked with a set screw. My objective was to extend 1.75" to prevent the early morning condensate from staining the paint and to add a little sparkle to the GT!

View attachment 56446

Jim, beautiful GT. Mark IV red?

Dakota, that is Ford GT race red, thanks.

Reactions: DakotaGT
Soroush, sorry, that’s the only pic. Basically it is 18 gauge 316 S/S rolled and teg welded, polished, with a 10/32 s/s set screw to lock in the desired position.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Is there a performance advantage to having the large diameter ends? Why can't it end with the same diameter as the exhaust?

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry, please ignore Special Ed. He treats these things like a condom.

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

I might need those extensions to attach SuperTrapps so I can drive at Laguna.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sorry, please ignore Special Ed. He treats these things like a condom.
If it's high performance - yes! Ha.

I've looked quite a bit online but no data yet on larger diameter exhaust tips. Would there be a difference in dyno results between equal diameter exhaust pipes compared to pipes with the larger diameter ends?

Ed