A Prank Well Played

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
A year ago today I was minding my own business...Saturday night, relaxing on the couch....perhaps a couple of shots of tequila. I get a strange text from an unknown number. My original order window was from Feb to April of 2017. I remarked to my wife that it was quite odd that Ford concierge was working late on a Saturday night. Maybe they were behind and trying to catch up on work. The 248 area code (Detroit metro) seemed legit so I called it and left a voicemail. I also texted the so called "concierge person". I text my good friend Dr. Pikul who didn't seem too concerned. Looking at the text, it came from an Indiana area code. Bill Dickie (Indy GT) is too serious and nice to pull a stunt on me. BigInch Blake? It finally occurred to me that it's April 1st (did I mention I had a few drinks?). I call Frankie and he is laughing so hard he can't breathe. Then Rex (CobraR) calls me wondering why the hell I'm leaving him strange voice mails (the 248 number!). Blake and Frankie pulled a good one on me.
If pranking were an art form, these guys are masters. But sometimes life imitates art. My order window got moved back 6 months. The red '67 Heritage became available and I am grateful and humbled to have been chosen. One more week till it arrives!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1a75.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1a75.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 628
  • fullsizeoutput_1bcc.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1bcc.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 621
  • fullsizeoutput_1a79.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1a79.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 625
  • Build Photo.jpg
    Build Photo.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:
Reactions: Mpinelli24

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You got the last laugh and your getting the Prettiest GT built to date! Congratulations and never look back on this April fools joke!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
So cool! And that was a pretty funny prank! [emoji23]All in good fun!! Happy Easter and enjoy the ride!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
LOL

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ha Ha!

Ed

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Great story and yes IMO the best looking car to date! I see you have black wheels going, an extra set?

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
That's hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Congrats - That sure is a nice car!

And I’m certain that you’ll do your part to help ensure that Dr.Frank will ‘enjoy’ his upcoming GT order/delivery/ownership experience. :rofl

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Great story and yes IMO the best looking car to date! I see you have black wheels going, an extra set?

The dark wheels are just temps they use to move the car around. It was on the alignment rack in the photo.

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
just Beautiful!!!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Was one of the best I have ever been involved in. Frank and I were talking as the text were flying. Haven’t had that big a belly laugh in years, tears in my eyes. As fate would have it AJ got the best car out there, it is just beautiful. One heck of a good sport.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
And Karma bit Dr. Frank on the butt, AJ got a heritage and last I heard Dr. Frank missed the window exactly like the texts. At least his is coming soon.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We still laugh about it.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I recall the phone call from Dr. Frank telling me all about it 🤣🤣

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
AJ
Glad I was eliminated as too nice to pull that prank.
You gotta watch Blake and Frank though. When they team up anything can happen!
Beautiful car AJ.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great car, stunning. Congratulations!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Brilliantly executed. Well done gentlemen.

Heritage GT is gorgeous AJ. Congrats!

Vince H

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
So cruel but very funny!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Part two took place six months later. I will tell in a few days.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
And Karma bit Dr. Frank on the butt, AJ got a heritage and last I heard Dr. Frank missed the window exactly like the texts. At least his is coming soon.

OUCH!!!