Incremental costs to MSRP

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I put together a spreadsheet to figure out what options I may be interested in adding to my new GT, and the total cost given various option selections. I have to account for sales tax for the jurisdiction in which I will register the car, as well as the gas guzzler tax and a line item for "freight and dealer prep". The EPA has not published a final cost for the gas guzzler tax on out car, but best estimates put it at $2,800 to $3,000. Does anyone know what the typical cost for freight and dealer prep to be? We all need to consider theses incremental costs, as they could potentially add up to an additional $30,000 to $40,000. (That's excluding the few hundred bucks for Doc fees, title, registration, etc.) The price of a new Focus RS with two year's worth of fuel!

Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
For many of us the NFGT is an outrageously expensive car purchase and a large amount more than the 05/06 GT. Add up all these costs and it is a very significant expense!! So why do we still feel like we won the lottery? :thumbsup

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
Tact is telling someone where to go and having them happy to be on their way!😅😅
None the less I do feel like I won! It's really not about how much it will cost it's about whats it worth.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What's the New Ford GT going to be worth the day it's sitting in your driveway? I'll be satisfied, happy and not worried at all as I feel that the New GT could very easily be selling for way more than what we Are paying for it! A very knowledgeable car guy told me not long ago "regardless what you have to pay for it, Get it. If any other manufacturer were building the exact car it would be selling for over 1 million. It is a race car for the streets unlike anything coming up to be built". All I will say about this person and his commment is that he works very close with the Ford race team and all 4 of the GT race cars. Enough said, that's my 2 cents free of charge. Just order one if your Blessed like I was!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
If I sit and think long enough about the details and costs ....and options and taxes and guzzlers and tariffs and shipping and prep and fuel and license and title ......and.....
I could easily come up with enough reasons to justify NOT BUYING THIS CAR>>>>>>> NOT !

andy (ajb)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Tim do I have your email address..? I've been thru it .. I have the info..

GT0987

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
To the fortunate ones who may give thought to the cost(s) of the car, remember those of us on the outside that hope by some small miracle we someday have the same dilemma.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Tim,

Good luck with your dilemma! As others have said, there are literally thousands of us who wish we were in the same predicament.

a) I know it's none of my business, and b) as DBK stated so well; it's a moot point, but for general interest and business case considerations, I sure would like to see the MSRPs for all the configurations and options. Would you be willing to share your spreadsheet?

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
to me, you can't put a price on passion. it is a very expensive car by the time you receive it but like someone said, what value can you place on it once it's sitting in your driveway? just like the Master Card commercial, "priceless." but while it is just my humble opinion, I truly believe the car will resell at $1M when the time comes you can resell the car. jmho

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
to me, you can't put a price on passion.

This. For many of us it was the new GT or nothing. I wouldn't dream of spending even 1/2 the money
on anything else.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Geez guys, lighten up, I am a stickler for details, and want to fill in all the boxes. I am not questioning the value of the car or whether or not to order it because of nickels and dimes. I am simply asking if anyone knows the answer to a very specific question about those line items. Stormcat let me know my answer offline and now perhaps I should delete this thread, because my question apparently has been misinterpreted as being a vast philosophic question about passion and value. Not the case! I have an order window coming up soon and want to be prepared.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well I think people are also disinclined to discuss publicly because a lot of the people who are looking for prices aren't looking to do so out of the goodness of their heart. It's just a list of items disgruntled people will use to say "You could save X and buy a X and be just as fast!" Basically, the internet in 2006 about the GT vs. a Z06.

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Tim do I have your email address..? I've been thru it .. I have the info..
Sfhorton5@YAHOO.COM PLEASE?

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

I have all the info. Less than expected. Thanks!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Well I think people are also disinclined to discuss publicly because a lot of the people who are looking for prices aren't looking to do so out of the goodness of their heart. It's just a list of items disgruntled people will use to say "You could save X and buy a X and be just as fast!" Basically, the internet in 2006 about the GT vs. a Z06.

Good point!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tim, the gas guzzler tax and shipping are included in the base price of the car whatever that will be. They are not additional line item charges. I questioned the concierge directly about these items 6 weeks ago. It took a while to get a straight answer.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

I've already done that calculation:

(1) NFGT=(1) 2017 Shelby GT350R + (1) 2017 Raptor + (1) 2006 15k miles Ford GT + (1) 2017 F350 King Ranch + (1) 2017 Titanium Explorer + (1) brick of hash

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Could someone please send me the info? My order window is sept to
Nov... sfhorton5@yahoo.com

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO

Haters gonna hate.

Ford could publicly include prices on a comprehensive online configurator or legally bind buyers to secrecy about price, either extreme would have zero affect on that. Who cares?! Haters consider the GT to be (insert dumbass chat thread here), I just don't consider haters.

I say.. sun's out, guns out!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I'm a simpleton. The way I figure this whole thing, whoever was lucky enough to be selected was given a free car. In two years you double your money IF you have to sell for whatever reason. I personally have zero intention of ever parting with either my 05 or my 18 when I get it. I know it sounds silly to a lot of outsiders when they hears us talk but man do I feel blessed.