Number of Applications?

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Curious how many who are selected will back out when they have to write the check?? I would suspect a significant percentage applied but will not have the means to spend a half million dollars.

For sure. How many of the 6500 are Ford GT owners (especially original owners), who apparently will get strong preference, AND can write a check that large? The odds certainly become a lot better in theory anyway

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks DBK for all you have done to represent us owners in this process. I strongly believe your efforts when Ford was brain storming on how to go about selling the new GT is why so many of us feel good about our chances. Whether selected or not I appreciate all your advice and information.

Vince H

+2👍

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Hehe, yes it's like applying to Stanford....bill included!! But definitely worth it...although many people will argue with me, but these are the best $450k you can spend aside from a good education :)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Oscar Wilde
“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.”

Eed

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Hehe, yes it's like applying to Stanford....bill included!! But definitely worth it...although many people will argue with me, but these are the best $450k you can spend aside from a good education :)

Odds are better than Stanford.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-12%20at%208.40.12%20AM_zps5ch9t8fy.gif

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Dave. Thanks for all your help,insight and energy on the application process. It made a challenging project a blast to complete. Best of luck to everyone here!!

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Odds are better than Stanford.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-12%20at%208.40.12%20AM_zps5ch9t8fy.gif

lol thank you for the insight hehe. And yes Ed, Oscar is one of my favorite guys, I love his quotes.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
lol thank you for the insight hehe. And yes Ed, Oscar is one of my favorite guys, I love his quotes.

"I can resist all things except temptation", my favorite

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Oh boy Im in trouble, I didn’t consult with David or make a video....... Maybe one of my friends will let me drive theres??
I guess Im just going to have to be happy with my crummy old 2006 FGT. Im sure a lot of people are going to feel bad for me.Feel free to send sympathy cards!!

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Oh boy Im in trouble, I didn’t consult with David or make a video....... Maybe one of my friends will let me drive theres??
I guess Im just going to have to be happy with my crummy old 2006 FGT. Im sure a lot of people are going to feel bad for me.Feel free to send sympathy cards!!

I'm there with you Ron!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I too need to thank you Dave for all that you do to make the Ford GT ownership an over the top experience. I have been in a few other car groups over the past many years... and there is no comparison to what we all have here with the FORDGTFORUM. We join the the Forum because of the cars... We stay because of DBK and the friendships we have made. This is the ultimate car club! Thanks again Dave for all that you do for all of us!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
No video or public domain photos from me either.
So I guess we lose together. No sympathy card...except maybe for you cars missing stripes.
Andy (ajb)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
"I can resist all things except temptation", my favorite

Another one of my favorites also!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'll thank you DBK when I get selected! LOL. And when Dr Frank come through with that loan for me! Double LOL

Ed

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana

I can help you with a video Ron. It won't take long. :) then we can put it up on a big screen at Fenway!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I can help you with a video Ron. It won't take long. :) then we can put it up on a big screen at Fenway!
Thanks Mike!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
No video or public domain photos from me either.
So I guess we lose together. No sympathy card...except maybe for you cars missing stripes.
Andy (ajb)

LOL!!

wheelb

GT Owner
May 22, 2014
Miami Fl
Very awesome stats guys thanks for sharing. cant wait to see the 1st thread on the forum who gets the call .

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Very awesome stats guys thanks for sharing. cant wait to see the 1st thread on the forum who gets the call .

Me too, will be fun to live the dream vicariously.

Also, I can't wait so some of the ass-kissing here abates a bit.

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
I too need to thank you Dave for all that you do to make the Ford GT ownership an over the top experience. I have been in a few other car groups over the past many years... and there is no comparison to what we all have here with the FORDGTFORUM. We join the the Forum because of the cars... We stay because of DBK and the friendships we have made. This is the ultimate car club! Thanks again Dave for all that you do for all of us!
Ditto! ������