• Not at this time; possible later.

Votes: 34 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 12.7%

• Total voters

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Ford executives wouldn’t bite on the question when asked by multiple outlets, including Autoweek, in Detroit. However, they did point to the car’s competitive set as being reasonably indicative of its eventual MSRP. The set includes Lamborghini’s Huracan (approximately $237,000), Ferrari’s 458 Speciale (approximately $298,000) and McLaren’s 650S (approximately $265,000) -- so it’s easy to speculate that the GT will come in right around the $250,000 mark.
-Autoweek

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
this would be great news

gtr

Dec 2, 2010
this would be great news

Really? I was hoping under $200k. I missed out originally and regret ever since.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
Ford executives wouldn’t bite on the question when asked by multiple outlets, including Autoweek, in Detroit. However, they did point to the car’s competitive set as being reasonably indicative of its eventual MSRP. The set includes Lamborghini’s Huracan (approximately $237,000), Ferrari’s 458 Speciale (approximately $298,000) and McLaren’s 650S (approximately $265,000) -- so it’s easy to speculate that the GT will come in right around the $250,000 mark.
-Autoweek

Unfortunately these are base prices and NONE of these cars can be had for this. My Huracan specs out at 277k normally equipped before delivery (290k all in). My buddies Speciale (a lucky man to even GET one) was 347,000. Expect a Ford GT loaded and delivered to hit around 330k by the time it's delivered...MSRP. Add to that the dealer mark up and you are at 400k or around Aventedor numbers.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Unfortunately these are base prices and NONE of these cars can be had for this. My Huracan specs out at 277k normally equipped before delivery (290k all in). My buddies Speciale (a lucky man to even GET one) was 347,000. Expect a Ford GT loaded and delivered to hit around 330k by the time it's delivered...MSRP. Add to that the dealer mark up and you are at 400k or around Aventedor numbers.

I have a feeling there won't be a whole lot of options, similar to the '05-'06... Color, stripes, wheels and not much else...

Cobra63

GT Owner
Dec 30, 2007
Edina, MN
Just another V-6 twin turbo supercar, but apparently, that's the future. At least they didn't tout a V12 like the Jag 220 and settle for the TT6. I'd get a Lambo first--it's better looking and AWD. I guess I'm getting too old for all of this new technologyi, but basically, the styling turns me off--it looks too much like all the other new supercars. I'll stck with my 77,000 mile '06 (it's too much fun). I just hope I can keep geting spare parts for it .

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I can't answer this one until I know what it sells for.

My intent to buy one is there, if the opportunity presents itself.

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
i loved the gt 40s from the 60s just fell in love with 05-06 GT not so in love with this car so no a may add a 2nd 05-06 car to my shop Its very nice dont get me wrong and im happy they did not retro a retro but i would not trade car for car for one other than to sell it and make money and buy gulf gt lol so no is my vote

Last edited:

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I can't answer this one until I know what it sells for.

My intent to buy one is there, if the opportunity presents itself.

Same goes here, I'm interested at some price point for an all black no stripe version if available.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
It's only money fellas. We can't take it with us when the bell tolls. I'm in for one at whatever price

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Who wouldn’t ???
Price is obviously a huge factor for a lot of us.
Hey If I only ever own an 06 FGT i’ll be a happy guy!
I’m a happy guy!

Macman

May 13, 2013
If the price isn't prohibitive then I plan to, hoping it really isn't north of 200k though.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Who wouldn’t ???
Price is obviously a huge factor for a lot of us.
Hey If I only ever own an 06 FGT i’ll be a happy guy!
I’m a happy guy!

+1 Ron!

Thought....., if only 1,200 are made over 3 yr's - would the supply/demand needs dictate Ford could charge more than $400k?

Why would FoMoCo care about McLaren, Lambo etc. sell prices. Reading above everybody is grouping all the cars together into a "social" averaging being all the cars are neutral and available at the same equivalent price to everybody. The new FGT is different in total and is a hit!

Ford has the car - nobody else does today, while people not even knowing the specs want it after yesterday (2003 re-lived). Worldwide I guess there is over 1,000+:1 demand right now. If I was running the business i would extract as much contribution to the company based on the demand seen........... $400k+ I'll bet

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Here's to hoping :cheers

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
HERE FROM KUWAIT ------------ ALLLL IN FOR THE NEW GT ------250k will be the top price all options in i think

I HOPE But its such a beauty other than the engine 😩

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
People will dump other non-GT cars to fund this purchase

Once they are on road it's going to be hard to look at other rides in stable....

Gorgeous is just hard to resist

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I agree, I think for those on the fence right now as time gets closer those decisions will change. I personally plan to do what I can to get one of these if possible and I can tell you right now, I will also be the one that finds some way to do some modifications also. (not that the car needs it but it can always make more power) These cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed and if I can find a dealer that will allow me the ability to purchase I will find a way... Rolling pennies as we speak....

Thanks FORD!!!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I think if anyone had plans to buy a Hurracan, 650S, F458, etc
those plans have stopped!

Think cleaning out the stable of fun but funky filler rides (re-issues, past modern Shelbys, 911s, dated exotica) will be happening.

Keeping powder dry and being liquid will be key

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
This is a no brainer for me:
1) LaFerrari similarities (but better looking overall)
2) Sounds like Chip's turbo monster
3) Fewer spark plugs to change
4) No need for GTG seat lever mod.

Put me down for a blue one.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Think space is main issue.

Most of us dont have 6-bay garages, or even 3 bay; most are using lifts in 2-bay.

Many will conclude "something's gotta go" and that might even mean the multiple-owner '05/6 GT sells one....for a '16 GT, thats not as painful.