Votes: 34 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 12.7%

• Total voters

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Guys, I heard they are all spoken for, dealer/owner, celebrities or Saudi princes, so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbU3zdAgiX8

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I have a feeling all the chatter here on the Forum and where ever gear heads congregate in super car discussion is being studied by Ford and others, and may well influence major decisions like MSRP and production/years numbers. Everything from the awesome victory today at Daytona to our very own opinion polls is part of the big research picture. It just might help place the MSRP well below the competition, just like the 05/06 cars were. My guess is between 259,949 and 279,949 is were it will come in at. Once the dust settles and high dealer mark ups fade these figures are doable.

I'm going to be patient and hope Ford does the right thing and not price up in the stratosphere. Then, in the sprit of Jacky Ickx, I will slowly, calmly walk in to the dealer and get my 2016 in gulf livery. :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It just might help place the MSRP well below the competition, just like the 05/06 cars were. My guess is between 259,949 and 279,949 is were it will come in at. Once the dust settles and high dealer mark ups fade these figures are doable.

Given that initial reports claim there are only going to be, what, 1200-1400 of them made (?), I'm having trouble imagining how Ford could recoup all its R&D and production costs and still make a decent profit at that price point (for reasons stated above)...especially since Moray Callum reportedly said the NFGT is "...going to be more exclusive than the last one. Less numbers and more expensive." Now...when someone in his position utters the words "exclusive" and "more expensive" that close together...

I'm going to be patient and hope Ford does the right thing and not price up in the stratosphere. Then, in the sprit of Jacky Ickx, I will slowly, calmly walk in to the dealer and get my 2016 in gulf livery. :biggrin

:lol But, will there be any left to buy then - Gulf or otherwise? "That is the question", as The Bard would say.

Obviously, the above is JMHO. (MHO and $5 will buy you a latte at most coffee joints.)

'Past my bedtime. G'night all. :sleep:

stew

Jan 20, 2015
Louisiana
I watched a video recently where a guy was interviewing one of the Ford Execs at the reveal and said "Wow, this is an amazing car." The Ford Exec then said, "Thanks, can I sell you one!" The Interviewer's response was, "I would love to, but I probably can't afford it." I noticed the Ford Exec's face drop in that moment and he proceeded to just talk about the car. I think Ford is aware of the perception of what the car will cost. I doubt they are building it to be a profit machine. Many companies build Halo Cars at a loss because that isn't the point of them. It has been said that when Porsche built the 959 in the 80's, they cost $250,000 each and Porsche lost 50% on each one they sold. Toyota also lost money on every LFA sold. These companies have taken the knowledge learned in manufacturing and technology from those cars and later put it in their other lines to recoup money. These are like R&D projects that the public gets to participate in...happily...

That's why I don't get it when people keep complaining about the GT getting a 6 Cyl EcoBoost. Someone said they didn't think it was right because the GT40 and Ford GT were V8's so this GT has to be a V8 or it's not a GT. I think they totally missed the point of those cars and this one. The initial GT40 was a non-supercharged, but heavily modified, V8 with the most incredible technology at the time put in to make it the greatest race car and destroy Ferrari. The Ford GT was a Supercharged, and more heavily modified, V8 than the GT500's had in the following years, so again, different motor, but best tech ideas that Ford had at the time. What's the best tech that Ford has now, EcoBoost. So Ford is taking the largest EcoBoost motor and experimenting with Direct AND Port Fuel Injection to get just about everything from that motor.

The result is autoamazement and if its reliable, it shouldn't be cheap.

George Manont

Oct 29, 2007
Cobra 63... that's clever... may be time to stock up ?

George Manont

Oct 29, 2007

To stew,

Marketing bible, " Customer is always right...", was thrown out by those execs.

Eco Boost = Customers are so wrong, their V8 is obsoleted.

Porsche's big loss on 959...
Toyota's loss on 2000GT...
Honda's loss on NSX...

... heritage take so much investment... but will always stay ... in the heart & soul.....

Hey, they didn't teach me about, " Loss Leader "

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Given that initial reports claim there are only going to be, what, 1200-1400 of them made (?), I'm having trouble imagining how Ford could recoup all its R&D and production costs and still make a decent profit at that price point (for reasons stated above)...

What makes you think that all the R&D and production costs are charged to this car. Ford has stated that they know that they will need to employ these techniques in future automobile designs - thus they can be charged off to research against the full line of future vehicles. They have to learn the technology, so why charge it against their halo car? Just charge it to R&D only.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

If I had to guess I think the new GT will cost 400K. That's a lot more than the consensus here and I hope I'm wrong. Still, at somewhere around that price I'm in if I can get my hands on one.

Chip

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
It's only money fellas. We can't take it with us when the bell tolls. I'm in for one at whatever price

Must be nice. It is just money and You can't take it with you but you do need enough of it first to buy one.

I'd consider buying one at $200k. At $400k? No thanks. Looks to much like just another modern super car to me that's stepped way to far from the GT40 roots in every way and intended to do so admittedly. Pass.

Last edited:

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
There was mention of only a limited production run of the new techno version?

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Got an email from a friend who knows a guy who knows a guy that Ford have not determined the allocation amounts to dealers at this stage...

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Same goes here, I'm interested at some price point for an all black no stripe version if available.

:thumbsup

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
It's the last time........ the (last) time

Attachments

• images3YIUE9KR.jpg
    images3YIUE9KR.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 208

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
It's the last time........ the (last) time

Hmmm. That's what we all thought last time too.

Poll numbers are interesting. Nearly 40% have not voted "Yes".

My bet is that with the last generation "Yes" vote % would be much higher after the "reveal".

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Looks like a beautiful piece but I'm more interested in another 05/06.
All things considered.