I think I have found my Rally X car ... all it needs is a small SC :wink

:cheers

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Moroso has a fix already for the tank, assuming is the same from other s550's

http://www.svtperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/32-SEMA-New-Products.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
strictly my own opinion but I haven't liked the back end of the Mustangs in years. they look so good coming toward you and then once they pass, it's like "what is that?" the designers start off with good intentions and just kinda fall short once they get to the back. Too Toyota-ish to me in the back. JMHO

It's all very subjective. I love the back of the '07-'09. The '10-'12 rear was an unmitigated disaster. The '13-'14 is modern and very cool. I'm really liking the back of '15.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I applaud the GT350 and all that Ford is doing. I hope they have more up their sleeve versus the specs of what they have conveyed on the motor. Developing a flat-plane crank engine has to have been a really fun and challenging exercise for Ford engineers (all engineers love a challenge) but I hope the performance parameters have been achieved. Although the ls7 is almost 40% larger in displacement (7.0L versus 5.2L), the physical size and weight of the ls7 I suppose is "much" smaller than the 5.2L motor? (Please correct me, ol' wise ones.) The LS7 debuted in 2006 with 505HP and 470LB-FT of torque and was a relatively mass produced motor. Fast forward NINE YEARS, and Ford is getting hay for a "500-ish" HP /"400-ish" TQ motor that may very well be bigger and heavier. OK, great, I agree that it at least SOUNDS better than the engine GM brought to market almost a decade ago.

I don't want to be the naysayer but I hope the specs that Ford conveyed are very, very, conservative. More importantly, I barely have any concerns at all about peak HP or peak TQ - that's stuff of internet lore. The real enchilada is the shape of the curve and, most importantly, the area under the curve. Once again, having driven the LS7 numerous times on a track, they pull like a goddamn freight train.

I'm curious what specs you would find satisfactory in a much cheaper(in both real and nominal dollars), more powerful, way more powerful per liter vehicle? Engine weights are very similar.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
image.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Exactly the market Ford is after.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
I hope it's not to late to get rid of the misplaced emblem on the front fenders, near the vent. Looks like they copied that idea from the new vette and it's stingray logo. Just give me a side stripe between the wheels instead!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Exactly the market Ford is after.

That's all well and good until we start seeing Mustang drivers wearing monogrammed Piloti shoes.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That's all well and good until we start seeing Mustang drivers wearing monogrammed Piloti shoes.

BMW owners do that too? I thought that was only F-car owners?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
BMW owners do that too? I thought that was only F-car owners?

I could be wrong. I lump them all together.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I don't want to be the naysayer but I hope the specs that Ford conveyed are very, very, conservative. More importantly, I barely have any concerns at all about peak HP or peak TQ - that's stuff of internet lore. The real enchilada is the shape of the curve and, most importantly, the area under the curve. Once again, having driven the LS7 numerous times on a track, they pull like a goddamn freight train.

Unlocking the potential of the FPC engine could become a cottage industry in and of itself. Since Ford retained VVT in the upper end, I can only imagine the number of possible variations in performance that can be configured when you combine nearly infinite variation in (exhaust and intake) timing in conjunction with camshaft designs. Recall the DFV variants of past lore?

Likely the biggest limiter in production form is what the EPA (Ca) will certify. But once it's in your hands, can you say Cosworth?? ;-))

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Unlocking the potential of the FPC engine could become a cottage industry in and of itself. Since Ford retained VVT in the upper end, I can only imagine the number of possible variations in performance that can be configured when you combine nearly infinite variation in (exhaust and intake) timing in conjunction with camshaft designs. Recall the DFV variants of past lore?

Likely the biggest limiter in production form is what the EPA (Ca) will certify. But once it's in your hands, can you say Cosworth?? ;-))

I can't wait to see what Ford Racing Parts does with this engine for aftermarket mods. I'm sure they've got some stuff all ready to go on day 1.

Any word on when the engine will show up on FRPP as a crate engine? I can't believe they'll hold it back.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
hopefully they start offering the turbo kits. that's where the power is!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
hopefully they start offering the turbo kits. that's where the power is!

We are a greedy bunch. :lol

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Interesting that there's no side stripe that all Shelby Mustangs have had (or offered) since 65.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
What will Chevy do?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The next gen Camaro?

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
GT350R to be unveiled at Detroit Auto Show?

Very cool. I will be there.