Fubar's GT Build

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I know, right? It's ridiculous when he starts talking about the MoTeC M150. I just nod my head and try to look thoughtful as he unfurls the details of the ECU strategy. hmmm, yes, right, I agree with you on that Shawn (waaaa?)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
MAF sensor.... lol :)

I hate those things....

The MoTeC M150 will be using a MAP, BAP, AT, TP, and RPM sensors, along with a VE table to derive cylinder air mass. It will then use this air mass calculation and a target AF table to calculate a desired fuel mass that will then be converted to a fuel volume and then a duty cycle.... for every single cylinder cycle! :)

Cheers

Thanks, so "speed density" not MAF. I think the stock ECU can run Alpha N if the MAF fails.

MoTeC Magic

Spectator
Aug 21, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks, so "speed density" not MAF. I think the stock ECU can run Alpha N if the MAF fails.

Sort of, but it's a fair amount more complex than a basic speed density system seen in 99% of oe and aftermarket ECUs. Using measured sensor values vs calculated theoretical values based off things like known throttle mass flow... the ECU moves between measured and calculated fueling strategies... the monkey on the keyboard then can determine when and where either is used... typically for spots where engine resonances might affect things like pressure transducers, etc...

I'm not sure what to call it but it is a good step past typical speed density.

Yes... Defaulting to a "limp" throttle based fueling strategy is pretty normal... most OEs incorporate this.

Cheers

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Fish put all of the bits and pieces together for PRI. The old girl rolled out onto the showroom floor this morning. It sure makes my right foot twitchy.

IMG_7691.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Purdy!!! Put a red bow on it and light it up for Christmas!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Unfortunately the intercooler tank wasn't completely done (and it covered up a lot of the billet parts) so Fish choose not to leave it installed for the show. Here are a few shots with the tank in the correct position.

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Stunning.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Good God.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'VERY impressive, Mark. 'One HECK of a creation.

I wonder what the diff in the car's weight might end up being?

(Doubtless there will be enough extra h.p. to deal with that regardless!!!)

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Wow. Love to see it in person. What kind of rwhp are you expecting?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Fuel type will play the biggest factor on power level. Hoping for 1000hp on 93; 1300 on E85 and north of that with a barrel of race fuel. It's all guesswork tho. If the system works as intended, it will come down to how much heat we scrub out of the boosted air.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Wow,wow,wow!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait for the dyno results.
The packaging part is just incredible.
Congrats.
Mark

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Man oh man that is incredible Mark!

May want some new tread on those Bridgestones, hahaha.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Very Impressive, Mark !! - :thumbsup :thumbsup

MoTeC Magic

Spectator
Aug 21, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wow. Love to see it in person. What kind of rwhp are you expecting?

Mark is correct... fuel will play a large part in the attainable power levels... as will engine options and fuel system options selected.

The new system will support 2000hp+ on Methanol, 1650hp+ on Ethanol, and 1190hp+ on 93 octane gasoline. That puts whp figures in the 1680, 1380, and 1000 ranges.
GT500s with stock intercoolers and 4.2L screws are already in the 1600-1800hp range at only 26-27 psi boost. We currently have two other GT500s in the shop in these power ranges. Mark's will be out in the 30-40psi range with the 4.5L Whipple with the bigger core and all of the cooling mods we've developed. We're also already working on a billet 4.5L with other upgrades to be revealed later.

Our entry goals for Mark's car was 1000whp pump and 1300whp E85. These were conservatively set goals and know the systems will be able to generate the above figures.

Cheers

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I wonder what the diff in the car's weight might end up being?
Good question, I've never thought to weight the parts. It will be difficult to say what the different is because so many parts have changed over the course of the different builds. I guess we could weigh a stock GT and compare. The majority of parts are aluminum so it's relatively light. The bigger tank and resulting water capacity may be a bit on the heavy side.

Man oh man that is incredible Mark!

May want some new tread on those Bridgestones, hahaha.

I know right!?!? Thirty-Gazillion dollar motor and then some bald-ass rear tires, what the hell? = because race car

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Good question, I've never thought to weight the parts. It will be difficult to say what the different is because so many parts have changed over the course of the different builds. I guess we could weigh a stock GT and compare. The majority of parts are aluminum so it's relatively light. The bigger tank and resulting water capacity may be a bit on the heavy side.

That's what I was thinking: that is, weigh both a stocker and your car (when completed).

It would be interesting to know what the diff actually turns out to be.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
She got some attention at PRI. We had a lot of interest is writing up a full article once it's done. Magazines probably won't exist in 2099 but you never know.
5.0 Mustangs & Super Fords Magazine:
Then Mustang TV
**The article is not entirely accurate but it is funny. Hopefully we can get back to cranking on it after the holidays.

Marry Christmas my friends.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
"The GT was nearing completion when Fischer showed it at PRI..." :party