Four post Lift

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
That's interesting......I have the narrow and thought the problem was the narrow just barely fit the width of the tires. I see the regular is the same...just the posts are a little farther apart. I had to cut a little off the entrance braces to clear the tires which are line to line with the edge of the ramps. I can quit being un-happy with the narrow now. I think I like the blue better too. Maybe the red is a new color. Looks good. Nice garage.

I may not be understanding the issue.

The driver side ramp is set in the narrow position. You can move it left about 6" to the wide position. Or, you can put it in any intermediate position, but you'd need to drill holes to fix it in place. You don't have bolt the ramp, but it adds stability if you do.

The narrow position works fine for the GT. If I was only using it for the GT, I might move the ramp to center the tires. But I plan to use it for my other vehicles. The Miata needs the narrow setting.

The advantage of the wide model is mainly more space around the car to maneuver while working. And, of course, less chance of hitting a pillar when driving on.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know about more space around the car when working as the ramps the car is on are still the same (in the narrow position), a bit more space maybe as the posts are out further, but overall, I agree with you Gary. I've got easily 8 inches (probably more) from the braces to the tires on each side. Another friend with another Murci literally touches his tires to the braces on his narrow ramp. If he comes to my place for oil changes, the clearance is like the GT, easily 8 inches from the brace to the tires on each side. Anyway, if Beach is happy with his setup now, I'm happy for him.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yeah...by space I just meant that the posts are farther out so you can actually step between them and the car. Just a more spacious feel. IDK how much that is worth. To me, I really like it, but I have a big garage. If you think you might want to wheel the rig outside your garage, this one won't fit through a single-wide garage door.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
My lift was setup today. Just waiting on the electrician to come and install 220 on Monday.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Well, my lift is installed but the car won't clear the ramps...which I figured would be an issue. Does anyone know where I can get some aluminum long approach ramps for a Bendpak or am I stuck with using boards?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Well, my lift is installed but the car won't clear the ramps...which I figured would be an issue. Does anyone know where I can get some aluminum long approach ramps for a Bendpak or am I stuck with using boards?

You might look into modifying a couple of Race Ramps -

http://www.raceramps.com/

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I have a stock car and it will go up my Race Ramps onto the lift with no issues.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
There are several different sizes of RaceRamps. Which ones do you have?

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Someone answered on another thread...thank ya!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
To solve this problem I built new ramps out of light guage aluminum checker plate about a foot and a half longer.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
BendPak offers aluminum ramps that provide more clearance. Don't know how much more. Much cheaper than the Race Ramps.

http://www.gesusa.com/Approach-Ramps-BendPak-p/119507.htm

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Ya I saw those but was unsure if they would work...and I don't want to spend $290 on them and still have to use boards.

Thanks for the link though!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
We are operational. It can go up another 6". I think there is about 6'6" clearance.

IMAG0766.jpg

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
So you're not having to duck to get in to the car under it - great! Nice that our GT's are so low. I know my Viper and Z06 are about 5.5" taller than the GT.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Xcentric - there is a way to add a special washer that BP supplies a 2-3" almost square item with a hole and a cut out in it... probably in the extra parts bucket with the shims you have left over.

The "washer" goes through the pin that hold the ramps on and will keep them from drooping but 2-3" when lift goes up...

I had to use this option to insure I could park another car under the first one without getting out and removing,moving and storing ramps separate of lift (a PIA).

If ya need more deatils - PM me with contact info

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Gary, if you don't have the washers mentioned above, I'll give you some.

$10 shipping

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Gary, if you don't have the washers mentioned above, I'll give you some.

$10 shipping

:facepalm:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
without getting out and removing,moving and storing ramps separate of lift (a PIA).

I'm also in the market to buy a 4-post and would be afraid of those ramps. Knowing me, I'd be constantly hitting my head on those as I work around the car. I've done it before on others' ramps. I plan on using those super light plastic Race Ramps since I already own a long set.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I'm also in the market to buy a 4-post and would be afraid of those ramps. Knowing me, I'd be constantly hitting my head on those as I work around the car. I've done it before on others' ramps. I plan on using those super light plastic Race Ramps since I already own a long set.

My Direct Lift brand does not dangle the ramps at all (maybe an inch or so). But I still take them off and put the vertical plate in the slot for safety.
Ps-I had no clearance problems with the nose of the GT going up the ramps

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My Direct Lift brand does not dangle the ramps at all (maybe an inch or so). But I still take them off and put the vertical plate in the slot for safety.
Ps-I had no clearance problems with the nose of the GT going up the ramps

As stated there is a part that should be installed to keep the ramps from dangling down. I had to shim mine a bit to get them to go up another 2" or so.

I lowered my car only to the point where the car clears the ramps and rolling jacks by about 1/3". Now that I changed to Hoosiers the front barely clear the ramps.

Last edited: