GREAT Go-Pro Compilation of the Nola Event

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Little bits of several people! And yes the is Dave, Texas Mongrel around the 1:12 mark pinning out!!! Hahaha

Larry Boatner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLTKOOkF4Qc&feature=youtu.be

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Great video Larry! Amazing that you captured that spin for posterity. haha. All I saw was a cloud of dust in the distance.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Nice video Larry/Tony - Surely youve shown Mongrel his spin !!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Very Nice.

Glad you got the agricultural repositioning segments. There is a reason that Bernie E. hasn't invited us to drive in F1.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Nice video - thanks! Love the music! :thumbsup

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Great video. How did the Ariel Atom do compared to the GTs? Is it one of the supercharged cars or the original? I hear they are a hoot to drive.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
thanks for posting.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Now I know where the GT500 and the Cup Car got the idea for "slingshot engage" they were pulling all week. :lol

That spin was executed beautifully!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
The Aerial is Ben's. BerkhertB. He would have made the go carts fast. He was as quick as anyone except, MAYBE, the true race guys. That is a 2007 and he still has the street tires on it. He was skating around the track as if he was on ice but passed me in the GT 500 like I was setting still. I have an entire session, untill he passed me of him "Under" my rear bumper as we were playing and videoing. He has the Heritage with the matching orange wheels. Absolutely beautiful car. Ask him about his handstand he performed on Bourbon Street. And yet that wasn't nearly the strangest thing our group did or said.

Larry "Thugboat"

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Great Video, Thugboat. Need to put on some knobby tires for all of the off road excursions :)

That's the first time I've had the atom on track with non R compound tires. It had NO grip on 5 year old street tires (but what would I expect). Still had a blast with you guys!

ben

drof gt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 10, 2006
Los Angeles
Great video, sure looked like fun.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I'd like to thank all my fans who love my epic backwards exit from turn 1. The problem was that I'd just had Mark MacGowen take me round in my car so he could give me some tips, and I was therefore working hard on "carrying more speed into the apex". I spun twice in two consecutive sessions at that turn, but eventually got the hang of it and then quit while I was ahead!
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jeff, some people REALLY did agricultural repositioning and had to vacuum the real estate out their cars (no names mentioned to protect the innocent).

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Frank ,
Did you get my present yet?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Sometimes, what doesn't kill you, just costs a lot of money... But Dave makes it look good! Great video, thanks for sharing.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ron, I'm on call for the weekend and won't be home till the World Series. Thanks Frank

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ron, I'm on call for the weekend and won't be home till the World Series. Thanks Frank

Go Giants! :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ice, ask Heidi Sims about our bet.