Ebay Jerk Alert!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If I was renting it I would more than get my $$$$ out of it.

As Bony would say, "Assactly"!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Gotta admit that his new ad is much better. If he would have listed it that way to begin with, this thread would not even exsist.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
If I was renting it I would more than get my $$$$ out of it.

What's the difference between a 4-WD and a rental car? A rental car can go anywhere! :eek

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...this thread would not even exsist.

There's no mention of the rent-a-car history as yet, so a thread might still have been possible.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
A great track car for someone?????????

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
If anyone starts shit on his page, he'll be right back to square one. The only reason he re-listed the car, is because his previous page got so polluted with negative comments, there was no way anyone would touch the car. Anyway, it sounds like a good winter beater for someone...LOL Worth the 80k he's starting at...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
if it truely has a clear title and there is no history of previous major damage wouldnt it be worth at least 100K?

would you guys rather have a 50K mile car with no major accident history, or a 4k mile salvage title car, which you know was in a bad wreck?

H

HHGT

if it truely has a clear title and there is no history of previous major damage wouldnt it be worth at least 100K?

would you guys rather have a 50K mile car with no major accident history, or a 4k mile salvage title car, which you know was in a bad wreck?

I could not agree with you more. The guy advertised it originally on the "Dealer Only" network at $105 and I thought that was an excellent price. If someone wanted a second GT on a budget and as a daily driver this would be a great value, perhaps even as a track car. The only unknown is the quality repairs that took place.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Depends on how bad the "Salvage" car was. With a salvage car thats been repaired, if repaired correctly, could be a better car. If it was repaired correctly with new OEM parts to OEM specs with no frame damage, I would rather have the 4k mile salvage car for my personal self. The 50k+ mile RENTAL car has been driven hard and I guarantee has quite a bit of wear all over and wil most likely require more maintenance in the near future. Further, this 50k+ mile car was a RENTAL car (so in my eyes, DOUBLE those miles as they were not pampered miles I assure you) and it has an accident report on the carfax showing the car had to be towed, so most likely that damage was more significant that one might want you to believe.
Now, if we are talking about YOUR 50k mile car soroush, that a whole different story. It was not a rental car, does not have previous damage history that I am aware of, etc.
Just my .02

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Depends on how bad the "Salvage" car was. With a salvage car thats been repaired, if repaired correctly, could be a better car. If it was repaired correctly with new OEM parts to OEM specs with no frame damage, I would rather have the 4k mile salvage car for my personal self. The 50k+ mile RENTAL car has been driven hard and I guarantee has quite a bit of wear all over and wil most likely require more maintenance in the near future. Further, this 50k+ mile car was a RENTAL car (so in my eyes, DOUBLE those miles as they were not pampered miles I assure you) and it has an accident report on the carfax showing the car had to be towed, so most likely that damage was more significant that one might want you to believe.
Now, if we are talking about YOUR 50k mile car soroush, that a whole different story. It was not a rental car, does not have previous damage history that I am aware of, etc.
Just my .02

makes sense! but mine has 65K miles :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

It would depend on who had owned the 50K mile car and how he'd driven it. 'Could be the 50K and salvage car wouldn't have 10 cents difference between 'em in actual $$$ cost to the new owner down the road.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
over my 25+ years of traveling on the road.....

.....the most feared words I know of are..... "It's a rental!"

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I know this club...its a few blocks away from me. Not bad guys, just a rental agency catering to wannabes. Not a club, enthusiast group, or collector...just a glorified rental counter.

The last stunt they pulled was to park a GT on park ave with two dancers handing out cards...class act:ack

I have personally seen this car & the red one they had before.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?22219-Gt-nyc

In summary...these cars are ridden hard and put up wet.

They are driven by amateurs to the hamptons or jersey shore and usually pock marked with stone chips, dings, etc. The clutch was burnt on the red one often.
The rubber around the door button was shredded.....a sign this thing was rented every weekend 24/7

As i mentioned before, Ebay does zero to police their offerings.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
As i mentioned before, Ebay does zero to police their offerings.

Honstly, ebay does more than Autotrader, Cars.com, Dupont, etc. eBay is one of the more Regulated sites than the others

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
makes sense! but mine has 65K miles :)

I love it. I am getting nervous about hitting 10,000

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
A shame titles are not branded for rentals. In a way I see this car as better than most salvage cars, but certainly it isn't worth any more as it needs some restoration of its own. Interesting that although the structural integrity of the car is probably not compromised so much of it might need attention that it could take similar work to restore. Still I think $105k is/was reasonable. I wonder how much profit the rental car company made on it, and how that compares to the residual value....

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
A shame titles are not branded for rentals. In a way I see this car as better than most salvage cars, but certainly it isn't worth any more as it needs some restoration of its own. Interesting that although the structural integrity of the car is probably not compromised so much of it might need attention that it could take similar work to restore. Still I think $105k is/was reasonable. I wonder how much profit the rental car company made on it, and how that compares to the residual value....

Well its classified as their Carbon or Platinum at $1000/weekend

So in two years they probably made $100K

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Having purchased on Item on Ebay for $1100., the Item never arrived as scheduled..........After notification to Ebay/Paypal.......my monies were refunded within a week..........I was told the guy took the money and ran......I dont know of any other site that would stand up like that...........I do buy a lot of stuff on Ebay...99% of my trades are very pleasant, and correctly described........Cars.com/Dupont/Autotrader......I believe your on your own.....Life teaches you to get a feel of whom your dealing with...especially for a big ticket item.......and my father always told me, when buying a car, never assume anything....dont buy sight unseen, at night or in the rain..............now....I have a mercedes for sale..........::lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I love it. I am getting nervous about hitting 10,000

I try extremely hard not to drive my car because we're either going to or at car events in far away lands so frequently. I've driven it once since I got back from Utah and hardly drove it this year before I went out there, and it still has 25,000 miles. If I actually drove my car throughout the year like I did the first year I had it, it would probably have 60,000 miles by now.