Is a Heritage worth it?

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I gotta say I concur 100% with GTinMyBlood. I know we all love our cars, and truly they're all fantastic, but for me there's something a little more iconic about the Heritage, and that's all I got to say about that.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
When I had the opportunity to order my GT I considered the Heritage color but thought I would get tired of the color over time therefore I ordered white/blue. The extra cost for the Heritage color scheme was at the time way out of line. Today if I were to purchase an additional GT I would consider the Heritage ,as the color has kinda grown more appealing to me. White is the American Racing Color and really my favorite. Everything I own is white. That's my cheap advise for what its worth. NOTE> That's why Baskin-Robbins offers many different flavors. Tomy PS GO White.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
For me, I knew immediately that if I was going to have an FGT it had to be the Heritage.
That being said I would have taken any one that I could have gotten and still would.
If I didn't have a Heritage I would want one and wouldn't be satisfied until I got one.
Having one puts me in a place where if I get another it's a good thing but if I don't get a second one I still have my Heritage and so it's all good either way.

Is it worth the premium...for me... yes.

+1!!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Yes.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
When my next car had to be a GT, I found a dealership that had a black car. I asked my wife to go with me to look at the first GT the both of us had ever seen. When we walked into the showroom I pointed to the car on the other side. As we were walking towards the most gorgeous car I had ever seen, I hear my wife say "This is beautiful!" I turned around to see her stopped in her tracks in front of a Heritage! Well, after some thought, I realized color wasn't that big a deal and if we purchased the Heritage, she would have the color she liked and I would have the car I liked and we would both enjoy it. So, we purchased the Heritage. But the story doesn't stop there. After about a year, I thought about selling the car. Why do we have a car worth so much just sitting in the garage that we use very little? And I sold it (against my wife's better judgment).
I have owned a few cars over the years and never thought twice when I sold one but, the GT was different. It was much more than a car just sitting in the garage and we had to have another. When we considered the color of our next GT, BOTH of us agreed it would be a Heritage. It was perfect! So, we are again proud owners of a beautiful Heritage Ford Gt, with only 1,000 miles, "Just sitting in the garage" and loving it!

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
So, we are again proud owners of a beautiful Heritage Ford Gt, with only 1,000 miles, "Just sitting in the garage" and loving it!

Another EP, type owner!

I know, not exactly, you drive the other one.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Another EP, type owner!

I know, not exactly, you drive the other one.

:lol Yup!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
What is interesting to me is how many women like this paint scheme. As mentioned elsewhere my wife who barely ackowledges cars, loves the Heritage. Knowing her I would have guessed white or sonic blue (only 1 to love) but would have thought Heritage way too busy for her.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
When my next car had to be a GT, I found a dealership that had a black car. I asked my wife to go with me to look at the first GT the both of us had ever seen. When we walked into the showroom I pointed to the car on the other side. As we were walking towards the most gorgeous car I had ever seen, I hear my wife say "This is beautiful!" I turned around to see her stopped in her tracks in front of a Heritage! Well, after some thought, I realized color wasn't that big a deal and if we purchased the Heritage, she would have the color she liked and I would have the car I liked and we would both enjoy it. So, we purchased the Heritage. But the story doesn't stop there. After about a year, I thought about selling the car. Why do we have a car worth so much just sitting in the garage that we use very little? And I sold it (against my wife's better judgment).
I have owned a few cars over the years and never thought twice when I sold one but, the GT was different. It was much more than a car just sitting in the garage and we had to have another. When we considered the color of our next GT, BOTH of us agreed it would be a Heritage. It was perfect! So, we are again proud owners of a beautiful Heritage Ford Gt, with only 1,000 miles, "Just sitting in the garage" and loving it!
Great story, Loved hearing it from you the first time and it never gets old. Thanks for sharing.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
So, we are again proud owners of a beautiful Heritage Ford Gt, with only 1,000 miles, "Just sitting in the garage" and loving it!

...and yet it's only E.P. who always gets DUMPED ON in that dept!!!

('Me' and Rodney Dangerfield HAFTA be related...)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
...and yet it's only E.P. who always gets DUMPED ON in that dept!!!

('Me' and Rodney Dangerfield HAFTA be related...)

Well, getting touchy in your snow bound abode are you. 76 in the desert today.

I would never have guessed that you two "could be" related! Thanks for the lineage update.

I want to be there when you explain that to the Grandkids.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well, getting touchy in your snow bound abode are you. 76 in the desert today.

I would never have guessed that you two "could be" related! Thanks for the lineage update.

I want to be there when you explain that to the Grandkids.

Oh, just go out and gettchur self a sunburn, will ya? :rolleyes

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

Hmm, where were you able to find out about a replacement GT? :tap:

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Great story, Loved hearing it from you the first time and it never gets old. Thanks for sharing.

OH NO!! It's happening - John is turning into his DAD!! His Dad (at almost 80) loves to tell the same ol' stories over and over again - if there's even a hint of someone who may not have heard one, we're doomed! So - for all you newcomers, enjoy the stories.

And - of course we need to give credit where credit is due - thank you SHELBY for the lead on the 2nd brand new Heritage.
Lady Moose

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...And - of course we need to give credit where credit is due...Lady Moose

Credit goes to Michelle for making John buy 2 GT's because he sold the 1st one!! - way to go, gal - :thumbsup

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
:thumbsup
that's a 10-4!
Lady Moose

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
From a rarity point of view, the Heritage shouldn't be worth more than another color. It's not that rare.
There were 343 Heritages built in 06. Yet, only 171 (96+75) Yellow cars were built in 05 and 06. Wouldn't yellow be more collectible?
I guess it comes down to desirability vs rarity. Certainly the folks that have responded so far, desire a heritage more. If I owned more than one GT I can understand a 2nd heritage car would be a great choice.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
At his point I think the mileage is the deciding factor to current price. Yellow no mile cars are certainly worth a premium as well as no stripe cars with similar milage. The Heritage has a certain tie to yesteryear paint schemes that is appealing to those who are looking to buy now and that is causing the bulge in price. Like Dan if I had a second GT it would be a heritage and I happen to know where a local 800 mile specimen lives.:thumbsup I need to sell more garage art to support my habit. :biggrin

:cheers
Trent

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I don't agree. I have sold approx 350 GTs now. I have had several SUPER low mile yellow GTs. Their price falls in the middle. Further, the yellow cars have ALWAYS taken a little longer to sell than most other colors. I think the yellow car is a good looking car, but from hard sales figures, the demand for yellow is limited. I have posted this list a few times, but here it is again from hard data from my sales over the past 4 years being the largest volume GT retailer in the World:

HIGHEST PRICE - LOWEST PRICE

Heritage
Black (no Stripe)
Black/silver
Blue/white
Tungsten/silver
Quick Silver/black
Yellow/black
White/blue
Red/white
Red (no Stripe)

Please, the above statement is not to piss anyone off. For the record, all GTs sale well, much better than any comparable car. This is just the order the color fall when it comes to prices Sold For.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Gulf is an iconic livery

Sells race track seats, watches, clothes, movies, race cars, GTs

Only Martnini is close