Every Ford GT Owner's Original Dream - MUST SEE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Usually I'm never at a loss for words. :wink But this time I don't even want to add to what you're gonna see. Enjoy this once in a lifetime video - I DID!

Enjoy!

GT Joey 1314 / everything else ... AND loving it!

p.s. thank you once again to Lee Holman for this once in a lifetime opportunity!!!!!!!

http://thesurfaceofthings.com/gtpreviews/5pm/

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
All I can do is smile! The sound of that 427 is music.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
WOW! Thanks.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waxy

Feb 11, 2010
Calgary, AB, Canada
Awesome. Thanks GTJoey, you lucky bugger you.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
That is beyond cool...

Did Lee elaborate on the cost to build one of those these days?

mardyn

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Extremely cool!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
that was cool!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Wow!

H

HHGT

That was awesome. I loved the Digital Clock on the dash, nice touch...

For what its worth, and I know the manufacturers hands are tied, but our modern GTs and the GT40 have an engine/exhaust sound that will be lost forever as the new TTV6s become the new performance standard.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Extremely jealous...but thank you for sharing. Music to the ears.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Thank you GTJoey................................It must be wonderful being you...............................(cant figure out how to do the smileys....lol)

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Your a lucky man, One to have had one at your place and two to be behind the wheel of it as well. WOW!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
What a fine piece of history, Thanks Joey !!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Hey guys, yes Lee H. has about 15 exact reproduction frames and bodies, kind of like when shelby had those old bodies and wanted to do continuation cars...H e can be reached at his facility, they are around 500,000 for the exact repro. Imsaying repro but alot of the parts are original gt40, all the original molds, they do inter change with the original gt40, minus the door tag and the old gas line INSIDE THE CAR, its the same car, tooling and all.....
Guys our new GT'S are lincoln town cars compared to this thing, BUT......what a ride , not for long, but what a ride, gives you a real respect for the old but appreciation for the new...........so enjoy the video, its ruff but we didnt want to over dub anything. P.S. the only way you were able to hear what i was saying was due to a microphone on the camera AND A FLY ON MY POCKET.....2 mics, or forget it , I still hear buzzing.....:biggrin gtjoey1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Almost forgot, the camber and setings were left at KEN MILES LIKING.......pretty cool huh.......gtjoey1314

racer X

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2005
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joey for President

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Awesome Joey.....the FORD GT was my dream car as a kid in the 60's. I still have models of the FORD GT (MK I, II and IV) that I built in the 60's and a copy of the Car Life magazine where they did a road test on the GT40 MKIII................You are a lucky guy!

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Thank you for sharing

Ed's gal sounds much like her

Takes care

Shadowman

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
New product idea - a generation from now when all the cars are electric buzzmobiles, someone will have to put that 427 engine audio as one of the selectable tracks to choose on your "road noise" control knob. Can't you just hear that coming up behind you, then see a Smart car in the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.