Help with Parts!

H

HHGT

Ford OEM Supplier has stock available and parts are being shipped to FCSD packager. Order the part through your local Ford-Lincoln-Mercury dealer and he will place an order and be the first to receive one in a couple of days. Jerry LeBoeuf, Ford Customer Service Division Purchasing Buyer.

Welcome to our forum Jerry and thank you for the consistent efforts put forth on behalf of Ford.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Thanks Jerry and Welcome.

My Ford dealer told me that the knuckle was to arrive friday. Haven't heard yet if it did. Thanks for the valuable info.

Larry

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
Ford OEM Supplier has stock available and parts are being shipped to FCSD packager. Order the part through your local Ford-Lincoln-Mercury dealer and he will place an order and be the first to receive one in a couple of days. Jerry LeBoeuf, Ford Customer Service Division Purchasing Buyer.

Holy crap Jerry, this is the kind of involvement we need! Guys like you are going to increasingly become critical to the sustained operation of our cars, thanks for watching over us!

JPLeBoeuf

Feb 25, 2010
Dearborn, MI
I have been quietly monitoring the site for about 4 or 5 months. I have been assigned responsibility to ensure continued future supply of GT parts. With the chaos & tumult in the automotive supply base of the last 18 months we have been very busy behind the scenes trying to stabilize the GT supply stream. I monitor our Inventory status on a weekly basis and work with the suppliers to get parts into our depots. As of this morning 5/15/10 we have 6 part numbers on a Dealer backorder status. I have promise dates from the suppliers on 5 of these. Take some comfort in knowing that it is a top priority with me and my management. Jerry

Reactions: HNS

JPLeBoeuf

Feb 25, 2010
Dearborn, MI
OOOps 5/12/10

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
WOW! Jerry. Thanks so much for trying to help with our cars. That sure means a lot. Thanks for helping!!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We can't beat that for service, thanks Jerry. Tomy Hamon former Ford Dealer and a happy shareholder if FORD MOTOR CO.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I have been quietly monitoring the site for about 4 or 5 months. I have been assigned responsibility to ensure continued future supply of GT parts. With the chaos & tumult in the automotive supply base of the last 18 months we have been very busy behind the scenes trying to stabilize the GT supply stream. I monitor our Inventory status on a weekly basis and work with the suppliers to get parts into our depots. As of this morning 5/15/10 we have 6 part numbers on a Dealer backorder status. I have promise dates from the suppliers on 5 of these. Take some comfort in knowing that it is a top priority with me and my management. Jerry

That gave me goosebumps - all the way over in the UK! :cheers

I suspect that (generally speaking) the need for parts will be for the long-term rather than immediate to short term. My GT (like many here) is very low mileage and I have no intention of selling - so it's in a few years time that I might need some obscure part. Looking at other cars I've owned such as an Aston from 1982, parts were available and it's really encouraging to know that Ford will continue to supply (and manufacture?) parts. I sincerely hope this is for the long term.

Many thanks........

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow, and welcome to our world. Please thank Mr. Ford for taking care of us. Frank

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
THANK YOU!!!
Ford is the ONE!:thumbsup

JPLeBoeuf

Feb 25, 2010
Dearborn, MI
In reply to Neilda:
We have increased our retention policy to be in line with Aston Martin, Ferrari, and Lamborghini. I've spoken directly with people at AM in the UK (Formerly part of the Ford Brand) and formulated our long term policy and got Management approval several months ago. Yes we are in it for the long term. It is new to us from a policy standpoint but I only had to show the passion associated with Mustangs and T-Birds and then crank it up a few notches for the GT and that sold it.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
In reply to Neilda:
We have increased our retention policy to be in line with Aston Martin, Ferrari, and Lamborghini. I've spoken directly with people at AM in the UK (Formerly part of the Ford Brand) and formulated our long term policy and got Management approval several months ago. Yes we are in it for the long term. It is new to us from a policy standpoint but I only had to show the passion associated with Mustangs and T-Birds and then crank it up a few notches for the GT and that sold it.

That's great to hear.....

The GT is, and will remain, one of the world's most iconic cars - it acts as a moving ambassador for Ford, around the world. My car often sits alongside other rare automotive sculptures around Europe and people are always fascinated by the quality of the engineering and the beauty of the design. It makes people see what Ford are capable of in a visceral way.

It will always honour Ford - so keeping it on the road is an extremely cost effective PR move apart from anything else!

Many thanks for your support, it means a lot. :cheers

Hi Jerry:

I own 2005 GT #1638. The bleed valve on the upper left hand corner of the radiator is leaking, allowing air to enter the cooling system, and I would like to replace it. However, the Ford parts book shows it only as part of the radiator, and I have been informed that it cannot be provided separately. Buying a new radiator is not an option.

This is an inexpensive mass-produced part that may also be used on other Ford products.

Can you help me find one or provide a part number?

Thank you very much!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Hi Jerry:

I own 2005 GT #1638. The bleed valve on the upper left hand corner of the radiator is leaking, allowing air to enter the cooling system, and I would like to replace it. However, the Ford parts book shows it only as part of the radiator, and I have been informed that it cannot be provided separately. Buying a new radiator is not an option.

This is an inexpensive mass-produced part that may also be used on other Ford products.

Can you help me find one or provide a part number?

Thank you very much!

You can get this from a parts store or aftermarket radiator company..

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If the bleed valve unscrews all the way out, you can bring that to a parts shop to find a match. If it has an O-ring that can be matched and replaced.

Tim Viole

Oct 6, 2019
I am also looking for 4G7Z3K185RH Right Front Spindle/Knuckle assy. I am located in Los Angeles and have had no response from Galpin Ford other than that "Ford may not be making the part anymore and you may want to go aftermarket". Any help locating this part, new or used, would be helpful.
Tim

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Have you tried Tasca or Partsgiant?

Tim Viole

Oct 6, 2019
I have not. Will get on it and appreciate your help.
Thank you

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Just Google the part number

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006