GT engine rebuild

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
I have a spare engine that detonated a piston and need to rebuild it, but you cant buy the pistons without the conrods from ford and they are stupid money
I would like to use std ford pistons as they are great but don't need the rods.
can you buy the pistons from mahle
any sugestions would be apprieciated.

NZ05GT
Neil

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I have a spare engine that detonated a piston and need to rebuild it, but you cant buy the pistons without the conrods from ford and they are stupid money
I would like to use std ford pistons as they are great but don't need the rods.
can you buy the pistons from mahle
any sugestions would be apprieciated.

NZ05GT
Neil

I used wiseco pistons in mine, and kept my original rods.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Take a look here. I don't know if these are the same as OEM, but they are also made by Mahle.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/05-06-ford-gt-engine-c-2204_2227

MOD220551I16_MED.jpg

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
I used wiseco pistons in mine, and kept my original rods.

Did you lift the deck height of the piston or stay at std deck height,and were they ceramic coated.

Thanks
Neil

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Blackice
Thanks
I just had a look at lethal and they say they are for the GT do you know who to talk to at lethal as I'm 12000 miles away and I need to know if I buy them they are right.
:thumbsup
Neil

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Did you lift the deck height of the piston or stay at std deck height,and were they ceramic coated.

Thanks
Neil

slightly raised, as a result slightly higher compression. dont remember the exact figures

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Blackice
Thanks
I just had a look at lethal and they say they are for the GT do you know who to talk to at lethal as I'm 12000 miles away and I need to know if I buy them they are right.
:thumbsup
Neil

Sorry I don't have a contact. I haven't done any business with that company, but they are pretty active on the modularford forum.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Thanks guys for the info
the main reason I wish to stick to factory Mahle pistons is we only do long distance racing and if it wasn't for afuel issue I would still be running this engine as it had done 5000 race miles with no oil consumption and between 2 and 5 percent leakdown prior to the bad fuel.
ps just talked to my buddy in canada Tim Brown of Brown Bro's Ford and his engine guy deals with lethal all the time .

:cheers
Neil

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Thanks guys for the info
the main reason I wish to stick to factory Mahle pistons is we only do long distance racing and if it wasn't for afuel issue I would still be running this engine as it had done 5000 race miles with no oil consumption and between 2 and 5 percent leakdown prior to the bad fuel.
ps just talked to my buddy in canada Tim Brown of Brown Bro's Ford and his engine guy deals with lethal all the time .

Neil

Wow! With a stock engine that is awesome! Stock blower?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Wow! With a stock engine that is awesome! Stock blower?

With a Whipple too!

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
With a Whipple too!

These engines have to be the strongest engines ever put in a street car:cheers Thanks Ford!

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
It had 2000 race miles on stock blower and 3000 miles with a whipple @ 16 psi on pump gas, 764 rwhp 664rwtq
Neil

Attachments

• 12 hr after 015.jpg
    12 hr after 015.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 119

Bigrigger

Oct 17, 2009
Noob question: Since you have the motor out, are your going to do any head work to it " ( Port & Polish, Cams, Bigger valves ect)?

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Noob question: Since you have the motor out, are your going to do any head work to it " ( Port & Polish, Cams, Bigger valves ect)?

No we have enough grunt now (764 rwhp 663rwtq) and we only race long distance races
ie 4 hr 6 hr & 12hr races and more power means more heat and heat is an enduro racers worst enemy