The OEM Clamshell Vent Saga

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks John (pe2unia) as this is a nice addition to my new ride. The only bad thing about painting them is that you wouldn't know that they are billet unless you touch them or if you are told that aren't plastic.

Very nice Rich! They look awesome:thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Vents

Anyone have a set of OEM vents they would sell?

Awsum,

Are they not available from Ford anymore?

Chip

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Awsum,

Are they not available from Ford anymore?

Chip

The Factory ones are still available I just had the full set on my car replaced under warranty and I can order them in for anyone that wants the original's

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
I didn't think my OEM vents were warped - I bought the aluminum vents because I knew it was just a matter of time. When we took the supposedly unwarped OEM vents off, this is what we found (shown with the BEAUTIFUL aluminum vents! :thumbsup)

Attachments

• DSC_2574.jpg
    DSC_2574.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 282

FastEddie

GT Owner/Operator
Sep 27, 2007
Are the OEM and side vents still available?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Are the OEM and side vents still available?

Yes.

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
It seams as if everyone is pleased thus far with the vents that KDO GT and I have provided. It has given us pleasure to see this project through knowing the high quality that our machinist produced. More to come soon on the side vents as they are in the works (customs first though). :thumbsup

If anyone installs them in the billet style as is please post up some pictures:banana

Here you go John...Vents intact after a weekend of abuse at Willow Springs :cheers

Attachments

• DSC00797.jpg
    DSC00797.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC00798.jpg
    DSC00798.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC00800.jpg
    DSC00800.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 247

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here you go John...Vents intact after a weekend of abuse at Willow Springs :cheers

Nice!!!:thumbsup

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
are these billet vents available still?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Yes, he does have some left:thumbsup

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
heyah Lee...those are your wheels :cheers

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Couple of pix of the new vents, painted and installed:

Vents5.jpg

and of course some professional hand modeling

Vents8.jpg

Vents6.jpg

Vens7.jpg

and one last picture for Matt

A-Arm1.JPG

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Assuming that these are almost out, I'll unsticky this bad boy. Sounds like everyone is really happy with them.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Well, I had to know it would not be that easy for me and my GT... Received the new blue vents (which look beautiful!) and had the old ones off... ready to install the new vents and what do ya know they don't fit in the OEM holes... What the heck is it with my GT... Everything is a little different. Now what?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well, I had to know it would not be that easy for me and my GT... Received the new blue vents (which look beautiful!) and had the old ones off... ready to install the new vents and what do ya know they don't fit in the OEM holes... What the heck is it with my GT... Everything is a little different. Now what?

Hey Jerry, there was one other person who said the center two studs were hitting just a little bit (is this what is happening to you?)so he took a dremel tool and filed them to fit. This is the only other set that we know of that needed a small adjustment. Maybe some of the clam shells are just a little off from others. Keep me posted!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Hey Jerry, there was one other person who said the center two studs were hitting just a little bit (is this what is happening to you?)so he took a dremel tool and filed them to fit. This is the only other set that we know of that needed a small adjustment. Maybe some of the clam shells are just a little off from others. Keep me posted!

I assumed it would be something simple. I don't have a dremel tool and would not trust myself doing this anyway. I will have Evan do the honors when I have it at his shop in the next week or so.

Thanks Pe2unia!