Ron, thanks for the heads up.
What are your plans for a replica?
Hope all is well, Steve

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Interesting to note that Jimmy Price's company that makes Superformance GT40's has the trademark rights to GT40 and continuing the serial numbers from the original production numbers forward. They will also be in the SAAC registry with ours...... oh well :wink

Ron Earp

Jan 9, 2006
Raleigh NC
Yep, that is rather interesting but there was a long history there from Shelby and Superformance and possible contracts for building their cars. The Cobra forums have those stories covered pretty well.

Right now I'm working on a RCR Lola T70 Spider replica. It'll be a lot of fun for tracking and racing at 2050 lbs and a little over 500hp from the stroked SB. We'll de-tune it though, eventually, and we might, just might, enter it in the 13 hour enduro at VIR, but we'll see how it does first. I couldn't do a 40 after all the RF stuff, so, this is a good diversion.

Best,
Ron

PS-nice avatar, but very distracting! :)

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Inexpensive Book On Ford-GT

I had the previledge of having dinner with Rick Titus last evening while in Houston,Texas at a Ford Training session. He brought me a book which he says is "the most factual book on the development of the Ford GT on the market today, Its title is (Ford GT The Legend Comes To Life by Larry Edsall )with Forward By Carroll Shelby. Many engineering drawings as well as very factual information. Available on Amazon.com for US $16.97. This one is Ricks favorite. I also have ordered the new GT book from the UK with delivery in December.