You thought you had seen it all? We've only just started...

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
My guess: 1.5 million for a special race version NGT (like the Mustang GT4 version of the NGT). I wonder what the allocation process will be?
At that price guessing they will build as many as people willing to put the funds on the counter!

Reactions: canibl

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Just received my order kit for the 1000HP 2022 GT.;)

Reactions: maxemus
Aug 28, 2017
Anyone have any info on this? My guess is every car can get this treatment and not going to be a HP increase to production cars made after a certain date?

DuPont article

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I doubt that.

P.S. The official Ford press material doesn’t mention the race program, so my bet is a street car. Perhaps a street car ready to compete in the new hyper car class.

They are getting a new piston design for 2020. So that should take effect soon and maybe a power increase will come with that?? We will see i guess..

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
My guess: 1.5 million for a special race version NGT (like the Mustang GT4 version of the NGT). I wonder what the allocation process will be?

This is a street car version I would guess. Headlights nor chin spoiler are not like the GTLM cars.

Reactions: DakotaGT

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I’m a little curious if Multimatic is planning a sendoff like Porsche did with the 919. An unrestricted, not BOP’d, purpose built car for setting lap records.
That’s a great point about the headlights.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
This is really great news indeed!
That there will continue to be NFGT's in endurance racing, YES!!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Interesting analysis here including speculation you can see a cage in the picture...

Modified picture with more detail shown.

D9ladq2XUAw0m38.jpg:large

Looks like there is a bolt-on "wart" on top of the front fender just above the headlight in this picture.
D9lc32yXoAEqMv4.jpg:large

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Remember, this is going to be a Multimatic announcement, I think!

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I'm sure this car will be in Monterey this August.....I'm drooling from just a picture of the silhouette...I think I'll faint when I see it in Monterey.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
We sent our man from the Forum, DoctorV8, to Goodwood for this unveiling. Photos will be posted in a few days.

Ed

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
'a few days???!!!' that is unacceptable! lol Please DoctorV8 we need a live feed from the event hehehe

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
WOW!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
We sent our man from the Forum, DoctorV8, to Goodwood for this unveiling. Photos will be posted in a few days.

Ed
Oh come on Ed. There’s gotta be WiFi somewhere.

Reactions: Ed Sims

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
I tried to get Pearce at Multimatic to leak me something today, but he was tight lipped. I got nothing to share.

Last edited:

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Its already tomorrow in the UK.
Should be any hour now:cool:

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
I am thinking and hoping that this will be the XTREME Ford GT that will break production car track records. More HP and Aero!!!! It would be amazing if FORD / Multimatic put on a track record breaking campaign.......... like what FCA did on the VIPER ACR Extreme.

Ford can't fall behind on performance with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche , Mclaren, and Chevy are bringing some faster cars ....production on the Ford GT extends to 2022. 3 years from now I can't imagine how fast and how much HP!

Compare the 2 on this video below.

Last edited:

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
we'll find out at 1:45am PST

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
3:33 AM CST. I am still waiting.....lots of amazing cars at Festival of Speed!