Ying/Yang - Ford GT and UGR TT Gallardo

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
My buddy Eric brought his Underground Racing SL over for a visit.

She's a beauty. Thought you guys would like to see it.

Stage 3 - 1250whp on C16 and about 1000whp on pump.

Needless to say, and on pump gas, much faster than my car on a roll. (even when I jumped - LOL)

When he's done being speed-racer, he'll get a FGT.

Click on pic below for video:

e37e5143.jpg

b7a97a16.jpg

b7eefd68.jpg

8f89cbed.jpg

c7ff18a9.jpg

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
When he's done being speed-racer, he'll get a FGT.

c7ff18a9.jpg

Tell Eric he doesn't need to be done being speed-racer, he can get a TTGT and have at er. You and I BOTH know that when he gets a GT he's putting twins on it, so why wait? :biggrin

But I gotta say, his TTG is one gorgeous car. :thumbsup

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, it's sharp.. what's not to like?

He keeps saying he's done being 'speedy'.. no evidence of that yet :)

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Nice pair of cars! :)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I am curious, how bullet proof are the Lambo mills at 1250RWHP?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
cool pair. My GT and TT G will be a nice pair. :)

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

+1

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

Thanks Shelby.

Apparently, they are very sound at that power level.

Likewise, the e-gear version trans appears to hold that power level very well.

You could also just run pump - at 1000whp, very little chance of losing.

Eric is trying to get an e85 map.. plentiful here and would put down about as much as C16.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
cool pair. My GT and TT G will be a nice pair. :)

I'll say.

<---- jealous

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Good looking car. Sign me up for a ride.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Girl butt (GT) vs. boy butt (Lambo).

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas

Ugr gives a 2 year warranty on the 1250 cars. Mine will have at least 1600. :)

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Nice looking cars.

I find it interesting that so many still consider the twin turbo Gallardo to be the ultimate street car when it has been absolutely dominated by the twin turbo GT in ultimate power and speed builds.

AtomicZ

Sep 22, 2011
MN
Yeah, it's sharp.. what's not to like?

He keeps saying he's done being 'speedy'.. no evidence of that yet :)

I went from a UGR "R" to a Stage 3. Baby steps.

Thanks. From a guy who knows nice cars.

These cars have proven to be very reliable at 1250.

Ugr gives a 2 year warranty on the 1250 cars. Mine will have at least 1600. :)

"R" Stage 2. Hmmmmmmmm. Houston is going to get very interesting.

Nice looking cars.

I find it interesting that so many still consider the twin turbo Gallardo to be the ultimate street car when it has been absolutely dominated by the twin turbo GT in ultimate power and speed builds.

TT FGT currently holds the TX Mile record, you are correct.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Nice looking cars.

Thanks.

I wouldn't use the term 'absolutely dominated'. A (purpose built) FGT won a couple of one mile events and a half mile shootout. Richard Holt ran 250 mph two years ago with much less power than UGR is capable of now. It seems that we are not seeing R+ package Gallardos at Texas because most owners don't want to install cages.

On 'the street' (TX2K12), the R package Gallardo's (full weight street trim) have prevailed (dominated).

I love the FGT, but If I were building a 1000+whp car, it would be a Gallardo (or Aventador) or GT-R. Can't argue with AWD and lightning fast shifts.

Last edited:

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Thanks.

I wouldn't use the term 'absolutely dominated'. A (purpose built) FGT won a couple of one mile events and a half mile shootout. Richard Holt ran 250 mph two years ago with much less power than UGR is capable of now. It seems that we are not seeing R+ package Gallardos at Texas because most owners don't want to install cages.

On 'the street' (TX2K12), the R package Gallardo's (full weight street trim) have prevailed (dominated).

I love the FGT, but If I were building a 1000+whp car, it would be a Gallardo (or Aventador) or GT-R. Can't argue with AWD and lightning fast shifts.

How safe would you feel in a 1000+ WHP convertible? ;)

Eric the car is amazing. Must be insane especially if it's that much faster than your GT2s. Love the white with carbon accents.

Rob

AtomicZ

Sep 22, 2011
MN
Thanks.

Competition is good. I'm sure the FGT will try to improve on its mile record and I have a feeling there will be a serious challenge from the Underground camp soon.

Eric the car is amazing. Must be insane especially if it's that much faster than your GT2s. Love the white with carbon accents.

Rob

Rob - Thanks. It is faster on pump than the GT2 on race. It is a great deal faster on race gas.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Thanks.

Certainly not meaning to take away from the Gallardos, but I would consider 266 over 250 in the mile to be fairly dominant. I am not sure how purpose built cars with full interiors, working air conditioning, stock transmissions, and stock suspension are.

I do not believe that Ray or Mark street race, otherwise those results may be the same.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the increased competition.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Rob

Something tells me I might be finding out.

Certainly not meaning to take away from the Gallardos, but I would consider 266 over 250 in the mile to be fairly dominant. I am not sure how purpose built cars with full interiors, working air conditioning, stock transmissions, and stock suspension are.

I do not believe that Ray or Mark street race, otherwise those results may be the same.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the increased competition.

I doubt Mark's car is getting a lot of driving around town time. Seems to be (purpose) built for mile-type events. (shrugs).

Never seen the interior of Ray's car, so you have me there.

We'll agree that it will be interesting to watch the next few months.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Nice looking cars.

street/freeway runs and closed course 1/2 mile and mile pulls are different. I've yet to see a GT dominate a UGR Gallardo on the freeway.