Xpel/Clear Wrap on NGT

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I think Tim mentioned in an earlier video that he will actually replace the stock rims for gold aftermarket rims...maybe custom made.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Those prices are over inflated and you still have to install them. I have the templates and can plot them for you if you need them.
Can you cut them?

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Those prices are over inflated and you still have to install them. I have the templates and can plot them for you if you need them.
Thanks for the offer. Once I figure out the whole process is may take you upon it.

Russ Oasis

GT Owner
Dec 28, 2005
Miami, FL
Cuts into the paint will usually be on the edges/borders of the PPF. Do not take PPF Off unless you plan on taking the whole section off.

INSTALLER / CHECKLIST.

#1 MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A PLOTTER
#2 EXPERIENCED OWNER / OPERATOR INSTALLER ( A Decade is good)
#3 IF THEY HAVE TO TRIM ....CUT IT OFF THE CAR NOT ON THE CAR!
#4 10 YEAR Premium FILM by Suntek or XPEL. ( Suntek is a "manufacturer", XPEL does incredible marketing.)
#5 4 POST LIFT or SOME KIND OF LIFT.... Its hard to be the BEST when your on your back, knees, or bent over. I don't care if you are an adult superstar you will get tired and make mistakes.
#6 SUPER CLEAN "WELL LIGHTED" FORMULA 1 WORK SHOP <====== THIS IS A HARD ONE TO FIND. If they put time and money into their own shop then they will most likely put all the effort into your vehicle. If it looks like a BOMB blew up in the shop.......Well you decide.....

#7 ITS WORTH IT WHEN ITS DONE RIGHT!!!!!!

GR
Spi7.com
SPI, This is a great list. I don't get your point on #4. Suntek is a manufacturer and XPEL does incredible marketing. So, which product is superior? I'm with V1perman, can you help put me in the right direction when my car comes (whenever that is)? Thanks so much.

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
Can you cut them?

Yes I have a 54" Printer / Plotter machine. I have all the late model templates from Suntek and Xpel. I can plot and mail it to you if you need.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Many competent clear bra shops are going to want to use their own tweaked templates. Most clear bra shops that pay the monthly fee for template access and the per template cut fee aren't going to be excited to use material a guy shows up with.

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
SPI, This is a great list. I don't get your point on #4. Suntek is a manufacturer and XPEL does incredible marketing. So, which product is superior? I'm with V1perman, can you help put me in the right direction when my car comes (whenever that is)? Thanks so much.

Suntek - Ultra
+Customer Service / Dealer & Customer Support
+Manufacturer

Xpel - Ultimate Plus
+Branding / Name Recognition

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
Many competent clear bra shops are going to want to use their own tweaked templates. Most clear bra shops that pay the monthly fee for template access and the per template cut fee aren't going to be excited to use material a guy shows up with.

Absolutely right. Most shops will collaborate with the manufacturer on necessary template adjustments. This happens on newer vehicle releases or exotics.

I had a Porsche 918 Client that attempted to do his car. He paid more in time and additional product and in the end....... we had to fly in to finish his bumpers, rear fenders, as well as redoing other parts.

Do I recommend you to do your own NO even if you are RETIRED. IF you are paranoid and worried then I suppose you can hang out at the local PPF shop for a week.

Reactions: THamonGT

DLM

Mar 28, 2019
I‘m planning for wrapping with a delivery date at the end of January. Does anyone have a recommended installer in the western New York State area, such as Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo or Binghamton? Thanks! I’m current looking a the offer from the dealership to store it on the showroom floor (well protected) until driving weather starts in the spring. Conceivably an installer would be willing to go to the dealership and install the wrap there...

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Not sure where you are, but if close to Ontario , consider Canada, especially Toronto, go to experienced installer especially with GT. Many options including interior and underneath!! also exchange rate in our favor. Had mine done in Montreal.

DLM

Mar 28, 2019
Thanks, will check it out. Never trailered anything across the border but for sure they would know how to do it in Toronto. Now if I could just get them to have it done while it is still at the factory right there near Toronto, would be perfect.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Michigan, there are installers that have done 50+ so far.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If you want to have the car shipped to me, we can have the PPF installed here and then have Reliable complete the trip to you so it's ready to drive the day of your concierge orientation. A number of people have been doing that recently. I would have to confirm our installer's schedule.

DLM

Mar 28, 2019
Thanks, won't be driving it on delivery anyway due to salt and snow but sounds like a good approach, can call you for more info?