WTB: Ford Performance Exhaust

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Hi,
I'm looking for a new, unused set of the Ford performance exhaust for my FGT. Any lead would be appreciated!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have a used one, with both sets of tips (normal, and bumper delete), that I should sell, if you change your mind on used vs new.

If you want new, Borla still makes them, but no longer with the "Ford" pressed into the box

Reactions: Ed Sims

doug5m5

Feb 23, 2017
Newport Beach Ca
I have a used one, with both sets of tips (normal, and bumper delete), that I should sell, if you change your mind on used vs new.

If you want new, Borla still makes them, but no longer with the "Ford" pressed into the box

If unotaz passes please contact me.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Let us know if they actually have the item below.

Here you go $2700. Ford Performance new. Part No: M-5230-GT. They have been dropping the price. Will go fast.

Or... $3900. Same thing.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Remember, Borla went through a couple of design updates on these mufflers, including the Ford Racing branded ones. There's a thread on this web site describing the weld differences to watch for.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
The ones pictured are gen 1. I have seen both generations have weld failures.

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
The first link doesn't have the exhaust anymore. I'm still waiting to hear the call back on the second shop below.

Let us know if they actually have the item below.

Here you go $2700. Ford Performance new. Part No: M-5230-GT. They have been dropping the price. Will go fast.

Or... $3900. Same thing.

Last edited:

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Might be generic pics. Need to call sellers and ask. Borla made the Ford Perf. They might replace them under warranty. Call and ask. Good luck.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
1. Ford liquidated their stock of these around 8 years ago (just when I bought my car). I'd be surprised if any of their authorized resellers had any remaining in stock. When I was selling mine I searched high and low to see what they were selling for and no one that I found (including the first one mentioned above, the second one is new) had any in stock.

2. Several people here with both generations of the Ford/Borla exhaust report issues. Neither it seems is immune.

3. As far as I know, everyone here who has reported a problem has gotten a replacement from Borla.

4. Borla continues to make them but without the Ford logo. Current MSRP from Borla is ~5K.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I would buy the used set from Specracer.

Ed

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
I have one with the Ford Racing engraving on it that is very clean. PM me if interested.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I have a new ford racing muffler
In the box and new long tube headers in the box. Thanks.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I have a newer updated borla/ford racing muffler in the box also.. saving it for a rainy day but i'd sell it.

DC9 Pilot

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 7, 2020
I have a newer updated borla/ford racing muffler in the box also.. saving it for a rainy day but i'd sell it.

DC9 Pilot

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 7, 2020
Hi: Do you still have the racing muffler for sale? Thanks Mike

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
Any chance you still have this?

DC9 Pilot

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 7, 2020
Nice! Could I inquire what you're asking. I've been thinking about upgrading my 06 to the performance muffler. Thanks

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
sorry, its been sold.