WTB 2006 Ford GT Tungsten

tuffco

May 23, 2024
Denver
Looking to buy a 2006 Tungsten. Mileage not a big deal. Plan to drive it.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Welcome to the forum, good luck with your search, as you likely know, its quite the car.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
You just missed one on Bring A Trailer a week ago. Set up a subscription there too.

tuffco

May 23, 2024
Denver
I bid 465k and it went for 467k. I thought that I had followed pricing for the ones that had sold pretty well. I guess 465k for one with 7k miles just isn't enough.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I think a $465 bid for one with 7K miles is strong money. Your bid was at or above market value but unfortunately it was not meant to be for ya. Fortunately there's others out there.

QSS

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
I didn't know you had bid on it. At any rate, I agree with the others that $467K was a higher than usual price for a 7000-mile driver. I would expect more around $400K or lower with those miles.

Reactions: Twturbo

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Sales seem to be very color sensitive and there were 3 bidders in for a long time. Good for seller.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Only 7000 miles…Think about it… these cars are bulletproof Design. They were tested and Proven out to Ford DVP&R requirements.
Anything under 30,000 miles is still a “baby”especially if well maintained. Mileage is becoming irrelevant in this particular market.
Andy (ajb)

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Only 7000 miles…Think about it… these cars are bulletproof Design. They were tested and Proven out to Ford DVP&R requirements.
Anything under 30,000 miles is still a “baby”especially if well maintained. Mileage is becoming irrelevant in this particular market.
Andy (ajb)
That opinion, while many might share it, is contrary to the collectible market for all brands (except extreme low production cars). I personally think mileage will always be relevant to pricing in this case because of the number produced and the number of extreme low mile cars out there....nobody is buying a 9 mile car to drive (unfortunately).

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
BaT often suffers from auction hysteria (but BYOB). A simple example;

Still available brand new;

Reactions: jammer and DakotaGT

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.

:LOL::LOL: now that is funny!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
tuffco - email me as I know of a Tungsten that's about to be listed... kpond@sbcglobal.net

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
One went up on BaT today.

Reactions: tuffco

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Sometimes, the charity auctions get really blown out of proportion.

For a good cause mind you. :cool:

tuffco

May 23, 2024
Denver
Thanks for looking out Pete

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016

The auctioned sign is 72" high which seems to cost quite a bit more than the 45" high sign advertised in the second link.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Says 45" tall in the details section of the auction.

Maybe the crate is 75" long?

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Says 45" tall in the details section of the auction.

Maybe the crate is 75" long?
You're right. Looks like the BaT bidders are confusing the 45" tall sign in the auction with the 72" tall one that sells for $7k+. Hard to believe bidders are not doing basic search before bidding.
https://www.oldsignsnstuff.com/new-shelby-cobra-neon-sign-60w-x-72h