Why didn't Ford action first 2017 GT at Barrett Jackson?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Would of thought they would of but being Daytona was same weekend i'm assuming that was the reason..

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Barrett isn't the end all be all. John Shirley bought the first 05 customer car at auction at Pebble Beach.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Barrett isn't the end all be all. John Shirley bought the first 05 customer car at auction at Pebble Beach.

Gotcha. I figure it will happen somewhere

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The specialty Ford vehicle this time was the Focus RS. My bet is you'll see VIN #1 next year. Possibly Vegas in Sept or Scottsdale in January 2017 and they have two more auctions coming, one the first event in the Northeast so that would be a good opportunity to push that new site. Watch the dockets...

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
The specialty Ford vehicle this time was the Focus RS. My bet is you'll see VIN #1 next year. Possibly Vegas in Sept or Scottsdale in January 2017 and they have two more auctions coming, one the first event in the Northeast so that would be a good opportunity to push that new site. Watch the dockets...

The guy watching over the white GT at Daytona said it had 01 vin. Not sure if that was a preproduction or production number and security tackled me before I could lock myself in. .. 😉

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The specialty Ford vehicle this time was the Focus RS. My bet is you'll see VIN #1 next year....

As with our cars, VIN 001 will go to Bill Ford!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
As with our cars, VIN 001 will go to Bill Ford!

And it was white... I wonder if that is his car?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The guy watching over the white GT at Daytona said it had 01 vin. Not sure if that was a preproduction or production number and security tackled me before I could lock myself in. .. ��

I'd wager the cars being seen now have a 2016MY VIN.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
DBK said that the white one was street ready.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
White one at Daytona was a legit car. White one at Barrett not a driver.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
White one at Daytona was a legit car. White one at Barrett not a driver.

If I recall One of the reps at Daytona said it was "CPO 1 "

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
In Multimatic terminology - Daytona white GT was "VP" = Virtually a production vehicle. A tweak here or there but 99% ready for production.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Henry III told Sue and I that the RS Focus brought $500,000 at Barrett Jackson Auction for the Children's Diabeties Association. He and his family were very happy.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Henry III told Sue and I that the RS Focus brought $500,000 at Barrett Jackson Auction for the Children's Diabeties Association. He and his family were very happy.

That's awesome.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I thought VP was a Ford term for Verification car. No VINs but the cars they are about to crash test (I hear around 9 cars) will have VINs.

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
If I recall One of the reps at Daytona said it was "CPO 1 "

In Multimatic terminology - Daytona white GT was "VP" = Virtually a production vehicle. A tweak here or there but 99% ready for production.

Ok .. I couldn't hear what they said Clearly "CP" or "VP" The " P " was distinctive.. wasn't sure about the first part.. Thanks for the Clarification " Ol High Mileage One " !! :biggrin

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Ok .. I couldn't hear what they said Clearly "CP" or "VP" The " P " was distinctive.. wasn't sure about the first part.. Thanks for the Clarification " Ol High Mileage One " !! :biggrin

That's what Larry called it…right before the Nice Boss Lady made us scram outta there.